Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

We needed to use a top end pick on a key forward. This club (prior to the current administration) traded away first rounders with such a level of abandoned it was criminal.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

derkd wrote:We needed to use a top end pick on a key forward. This club (prior to the current administration) traded away first rounders with such a level of abandoned it was criminal.
Yep, couldn’t even tank properly as they kept sliding the down the ladder after trading away future first rounders…
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:The poor guy is being outnumbered. And when our brains trust do something and recruit help in McStay all people do is complain.
Where’s the evidence McStay is “help”? He’s just another “nearly” footballer we don’t need. No one here thinks we don’t need a forward line. For my part, is just prefer an actual KPF to play in it, not somebody’s journeyman nondescript.
derkd

Post by derkd »

eddiesmith wrote:
derkd wrote:We needed to use a top end pick on a key forward. This club (prior to the current administration) traded away first rounders with such a level of abandoned it was criminal.
Yep, couldn’t even tank properly as they kept sliding the down the ladder after trading away future first rounders…
I harp on...but the Trolaor trade was an absolute killer...two top 10 picks was just crazy...for a good not great player.

One first rounder and future second...the club got blinkers
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

McStay is official
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Get McStay to help us next year and hope he proves a shrewd selection or save your pennies, wait 12 months and hope to land a Harry McKay.

Hopefully we at least put the feelers out to McKay before settling for McStay.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Key back, grunt mid and big fwd all needed.
I guess McStay is one, must get mitchel. It sure on the back.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Haff wrote:Key back, grunt mid and big fwd all needed.
I guess McStay is one, must get mitchel. It sure on the back.
Yep, I'd get Mitchell.
Rick
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Rick »

I suppose I’ve resigned to the fact Grundy is gone and we need a genuine big strong ruckman. Too often Cameron doesn’t hold his ground enough. Again, I hope Lloyd Meek comes into calculations.
derkd

Post by derkd »

Hill will help with leg speed. Shame Tranto would cost sp much...was the perfect player big bodied goal kicker!. We need to find an in and under type.

Mcstay will help, is he the answer? Who knows!

Braden Fiorini could be a handy addition.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

swoop42 wrote:Get McStay to help us next year and hope he proves a shrewd selection or save your pennies, wait 12 months and hope to land a Harry McKay.

The fact McStay has been linked with Collingwood long before the club woke up and realised Grundy was surplus to our needs suggests they are not related, so if we get McStay and offload Grundy we'll still be saving 700.000-1,000,000 a season to go after someone else.

That could go Tom Mitchell next year and then you negotiate a smaller contract for his final years and go hard at a free agent next season.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

eddiesmith wrote:
swoop42 wrote:Get McStay to help us next year and hope he proves a shrewd selection or save your pennies, wait 12 months and hope to land a Harry McKay.

The fact McStay has been linked with Collingwood long before the club woke up and realised Grundy was surplus to our needs suggests they are not related, so if we get McStay and offload Grundy we'll still be saving 700.000-1,000,000 a season to go after someone else.

That could go Tom Mitchell next year and then you negotiate a smaller contract for his final years and go hard at a free agent next season.
Must get Mitchell for mine. I’ll reserve judgment and say McStay is th fwd answer. Just leaves a Blackman to play tall.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

What are we expecting we are going to recruit weitering to play FB, Charlie Cameron as our small forward, Lynch as our key forward and Walsh as our inside bull no.

Let’s wait and see what happens over the next few weeks……I know many on here that piled into Lipinski (lol the same ones that asked who Crisp was in the Beans trade) and look at the season he had.

I’ll now turn my attention to the T20WC and the summer of cricket and see how the Pies shape up for 2023 on the other end.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Johnno75 wrote:What are we expecting we are going to recruit weitering to play FB, Charlie Cameron as our small forward, Lynch as our key forward and Walsh as our inside bull no.

Let’s wait and see what happens over the next few weeks……I know many on here that piled into Lipinski (lol the same ones that asked who Crisp was in the Beans trade) and look at the season he had.

I’ll now turn my attention to the T20WC and the summer of cricket and see how the Pies shape up for 2023 on the other end.
We traded beans to get Crisp? That was well done
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

What'sinaname wrote:
Haff wrote:must get mitchel.
Yep, I'd get Mitchell.
Put Mitchell in the centre today against his old side and we play in the 2022GF; no iffs buts or farken maybes.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever