Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

McStay in Brisbane.
Stamped his papers tonight with a horrible first half.
Look elsewhere.
woodsmen rule
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Tom Lynch would struggle in that forward line tonight. Can’t let Cats have a spare all night
themonk

Post by themonk »

RudeBoy wrote:McStay has been sensational. I can't wait to see him in black and white. :shock: :roll:
They are getting smashed, he looks better than Hipwood & Daniher at the monent.

This McStay bashing is becoming a joke..
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

neds elbow wrote:McStay really stinking it up tonight. Getting out marked and out muscled by smaller opponents. Can't for the life of me see what the attraction is.
So we can do the maccas ad?

McStay, McRae, McCreey.....
Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

FFS the whole team is getting done especially the midfield yet people pile into McStay…….focking clueless.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

themonk wrote:This McStay bashing is becoming a joke..
It might be a joke - but not if we're recruiting him. Usually he just looks like a potato - but tonight he's impersonated an actual turnip.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Johnno75 wrote:FFS the whole team is getting done especially the midfield yet people pile into McStay…….focking clueless.
McStay has a whole portfolio of completely horrid work to present in favour of delisting him before he arrives. It isn't just tonight. He's got nothing. If there wasn't so much media noise about Collingwood's interest in him, there is not a Collingwood supporter anywhere who would have been encouraging the Club to bring him to the 'pies. It appears that the Club would be making an appalling mistake - perhaps even worse than recruiting Treloar. Maybe McStay has just just been playing dead for 5 seasons and he'll suddenly come good at Collingwood - but I don't recommend holding your breath.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

burnsy17 wrote:This McStay guy is horrid.
I have watched McStay all this year.
He is a dud.
Maybe he can play in the backline.
As a forward he is crap
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Yep

When the team doesn't click, good players can look like shit.

Thats not to say I value McStay as a champion. But he is not a dud.

Checkers is doing his best, but we need more up there for a long time.

There was a lot of anger when we didn't recruit Jackson Callow. And then it amplified when we didn't even pick him in the Mid season draft. He has been delisted by Hawthorn.

A lot of misguided innuendo as to whether we actually value talls, or able to identify a tall, etc.
A good potential tall has to be close to your pick, otherwise, you give up a better prospect to play tallotto.

They are so damn hard to find... and you have to have the timing just right when a free agent comes available, AND he wants to leave, AND you have a million up your sleeve. ... Most times, not sometimes - the stars don't align.

Top 22 KP Forward playing in a Prelim who held his spot when Daniher returned, is ready to come and we are ready to have him ?
Still don't want him? lol.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

I agree with the concerns raised by many Nickster’s that Dan McStay has not shown much tonight. I worry that Collingwood could be tying up $600,000 in salary cap for the next 5 years for a very average player from year one. It’s not as though he is going to get any better! If Collingwood can back out of the offer to McStay they should and instead keep Grundy & DeGoey.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Seriously, I am amazed that we are at all interested in McStay. I can only assume that as a young player he got on well with Leppitsch. He simply is not competitive enough. Already, Kreuger is twice the player McStay is.

Please Collingwood, reconsider, and look for a better KPP elsewhere.
Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

He wasn’t good tonight but who was from Brissy. Clearly McCrae, Leppa and Wright are fools looking into him????

All I am saying is let’s give the guy a chance, if from all reports he ends up at Collingwood. What if he plays back and is able to contain the likes of Hawkins, Dixon, Lynch or the King boys and releases Darcy Moore with more freedom. What if he plays forward and is used as the battering ram that frees up Checkers to maybe kick 40-50 goals.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Mc Stay was utter crap tonight, like his team. Fail for me, we can do better.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pep

Post by Pep »

Dan McStay finals stats.

EF, Disposals 23, Marks 9, Tackles 6, Hit outs 10, Goals 1, Ranking points 111, Opponent Richmond.

SF, Disposals 12, Marks 6, Tackles 2, Hit outs 0, Goals 2.1, Ranking points 80, Opponent Melbourne.

PF, Disposals 10, Marks 2, Tackles 3, Hit outs 1, Goals 0, Ranking points 42, Opponent Geelong. (I think it should be noted the highest disposal for the Lions was Neale with 20)

So from my point of view, he's performed in two of the three finals. And in the third final no Lions player can say they played well.

Looks like he will already be the scapegoat for the pies, I think he could add much needed KPP depth and will contribute much the same as Darcy Cameron, Well I hope he does!! The reported contract deal does worry me though...

As Johnno said, lets jus give him a chance before we doom him.
Last edited by Pep on Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Johnno75 wrote:He wasn’t good tonight but who was from Brissy. Clearly McCrae, Leppa and Wright are fools looking into him????

All I am saying is let’s give the guy a chance, if from all reports he ends up at Collingwood. What if he plays back and is able to contain the likes of Hawkins, Dixon, Lynch or the King boys and releases Darcy Moore with more freedom. What if he plays forward and is used as the battering ram that frees up Checkers to maybe kick 40-50 goals.
Well he had plenty of opportunities to be a "battering ram" in a Prelim tonight, but he never got out of first gear. Regardless of talent, he simply offered no contest all night. I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see why on earth we would want a guy such as he, when we already have a competitive beast in Kreuger on our list, plus the emerging Begg.