The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Brown26 wrote:It's a long way from Melbourne to Collingwood. You have to change trains and everything... Sigh... Get an early second rounder and be done with it. He has no heart. Good luck Scotty if you can make a player out of him.

- Ben
That you Wells?
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Who’s the Gold Coast gun we’re allegedly getting for almost nothing?
Hitchhiker

Post by Hitchhiker »

We've been linked to Brayden Fiorini, not sure he's a gun though...
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

I think we have been linked to as many players as Richmond & Geelong!
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
Born to Pie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Hitchhiker wrote:We've been linked to Brayden Fiorini, not sure he's a gun though...
Brayden FIORINI DOB 22/08/1996 Age 25 186cm 84kg

Pick #20 2015 National Draft from Northern U18 (Vic)

Stats: Career/2022
Games:76/14 - Disposals: 21.4/16.3 - Marks: 4.5/3.4 - Tackles: 3.9/2.9 - Clearances: 2.8/1.9

Career Goals 20.15 from 76 games

Not a superstar but in a generally very average team, in his 76 games he's only played in 18 wins and one draw. May go well in a new environment/team culture.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

If Grundy and Henry end up being traded for first round selections then we'll have ample trade currency to go after Parish I would have thought if the rumour provided by Scout on EBW has legs.

Us moving on Grundy has never been about affording the likes of McStay, he was already clearly budgeted for IMO and given our supposed interest in a raft of other low / mid priced options our salary cap clearly still isn't in the dire state some media would have you believe.

Moving on a player like Grundy and potentially clearing $700,000 of salary cap space has only really ever made sense if we were setting ourselves up to make a play for a big name this season or next.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

swoop42 wrote:Moving on a player like Grundy and potentially clearing $700,000 of salary cap space has only really ever made sense if we were setting ourselves up to make a play for a big name this season or next.
Harry McKay??
- Side By Side -
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Pies2016 »

swoop42 wrote:If Grundy and Henry end up being traded for first round selections then we'll have ample trade currency to go after Parish I would have thought if the rumour provided by Scout on EBW has legs.

Us moving on Grundy has never been about affording the likes of McStay, he was already clearly budgeted for IMO and given our supposed interest in a raft of other low / mid priced options our salary cap clearly still isn't in the dire state some media would have you believe.

Moving on a player like Grundy and potentially clearing $700,000 of salary cap space has only really ever made sense if we were setting ourselves up to make a play for a big name this season or next.
Agree. I’ve felt the same way all the way through the trade discussions.
I tend to think we’re setting ourselves up more for next year ( end 2023 ) in pursuit of a free agent so as to avoid the trade return. All decent free agents have been spoken for this year, so there’s a focus on correcting our list balance first. Add in another 12 months of correcting the cap to the point of putting us in the box seat for a quality player and I think end of 2023 is our time to strike.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

slangman wrote:Harry McKay??
Would be nearly as sweet as beating them by a point in the last game of the season to deny them finals.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Would be nearly as sweet as beating them by a point in the last game of the season to deny them finals.
Yes, we’ll just fund it with the brown paper bag John Elliott and George Harris have stashed away. BTW does it contravene Nick’s policy to use those two names in the one sentence?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Collingwood is making an all out assault for Aaron Naughton.

Expect him to be a target of ours at the end of 2023.
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

watt price tully wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Yes, we’ll just fund it with the brown paper bag John Elliott and George Harris have stashed away. BTW does it contravene Nick’s policy to use those two names in the one sentence?
I don’t care if it’s brown paper bags or soon to be re-zoned land down Bellarine peninsula way
- Side By Side -
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Ben and Harry McKay are out of contract at the end of 2023.
Arron Naughton is contracted till the end of 2024.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Sam Hayes, ruckman who has been on the outer at the Power? Beat up on the Weagles but don't know much about him beyond that.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Sam Hayes, ruckman who has been on the outer at the Power? Beat up on the Weagles but don't know much about him beyond that.
I don’t know much about him but some posters on another thread don’t rate him at all
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️