Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Griffin Logue wants out of Freo. Nothing to impressive last Saturday, but a capable tall utility.

Grundy to Melbourne, Jackson to Freo, Logue and Freo's first rounder to Collingwood?
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Deja Vu wrote:Sidey contracted for another 2 years after this one isn't he? On current form Pendles will go on beyond next year too (interesting that he has played predominantly midfield in the 2 finals - still one of our best onballers when it comes to the crunch)
I’m under the impression Sidey has a year to run ( happy to be corrected ) as does Pendlebury. Don’t disagree about Pendleburys form, he was sensational against Freo, particularly early. 12 months on is a long time in footy speak and while some players still look capable in their early mid thirties ( Mundy, Gray ) the class acts generally want to leave the game on their own terms and not the supporters. We will know more as 2023 plays out but playing on again in 2024 is as much about body and mind as it is ability.
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Griffin Logue wants out of Freo. Nothing to impressive last Saturday, but a capable tall utility.

Grundy to Melbourne, Jackson to Freo, Logue and Freo's first rounder to Collingwood?
I’ve got Logue behind Howe and Murphy in our backline and behind Miochek and Johnson in our forward line ( this assumes either McStay or Krueger start as the genuine tall in our forward line )
I can’t get excited about him. To small for a key position and to slow to either get away from or catch up to anyone.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Griffin Logue wants out of Freo. Nothing to impressive last Saturday, but a capable tall utility.

Pick 2 or he stays for mine.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Agreed. I suspect Pendles will look to Lebron James for inspiration and will continue to prepare himself accordingly
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

If Geelong get Bruhn, what would they have left over to trade for Henry? I’m thinking not much.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 52 times

Post by warburton lad »

Mr Miyagi wrote:If Geelong get Bruhn, what would they have left over to trade for Henry? I’m thinking not much.
100% this...

If Geelong don't get Bruhn, they will come hard for Henry.

If they do and he is adamant about leaving their 2023 first rounder will be the minimum requirement in my eyes.

At the end of the day, let's encourage Henry to stay a Magpie.

Floreat Pica folks.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Agree with that, 20 year old required player with untapped potential, either a first round pick or enough lower picks that we can trade for a first round pick.

Brisbane will be needing points to get Ashcroft and I think they also have an academy kid.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Looks like we're getting Fiorini, Bobby Hill, McStay and Frampton and likely to lose Henry and Poulter. Both Brown brothers likely to be moved on with delistings of Madgen, Wilson and Chugg. Maybe Will Kelly to be placed on the rookie list to accommodate three selections in the national draft with all our third round draft picks likely to be repackaged into a second round draft pick.
mattdally
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mattdally »

Henry and Poulter still be on the list.
Unless they want to leave themselves.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Looks like 25 yr old Frampton has requested a trade to Pies
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Frampton and Bobby Hill. Looks like we're topping up with role players in the right age demographic rather than going for guns.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
warburton lad
Been liked: 52 times

Post by warburton lad »

Whilst we are 'topping-up', surely Riley Collier-Dawkins is worth a look??

A 193cm & 88kg midfielder would be a lovely addition given he is only 20 years of age.

Not sure if he is worth a future second rounder, but worth a look given the age of this lad and a future where Sidey, Pendles, Adams, Elliott & Hoskin-Elliott are getting on in years.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Pies2016

Post by Pies2016 »

stui magpie wrote:Frampton and Bobby Hill. Looks like we're topping up with role players in the right age demographic rather than going for guns.
I like what we’re doing this coming trade period.
You could ask the question, if we’re going to invest a million dollars ( ball park ) in three “ top up “ players, then why wouldn’t we simply invest that million in one A grader. For mine, the answer is simple. Those three acquisitions of McStay, Hill and Frampton will likely cost us a total of two or three third round picks. Chicken feed in the scheme of things but having to trade for an A grader would cost us something like a mid range first round pick.
This year we are effectively balancing our list with added depth, while still drafting a top end talent who comes to the club on the minimal wage for two years.
Just to clarify, I have McStay as more than a top up player. I’ve seen enough in his last two finals games to suggest he’s in our best 22 every week, albeit I accept his eventual role would seem somewhat less clearer.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

They would have crunched the numbers ( I’d hope) to have a list of ones not offered 2023 contracts & associated $$$ to match new contracts coming in

GW would know what’s needed I’m sure
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right