Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Oh yeah, I keep forgettin
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

themonk wrote:If Grundy is traded to Melbourne & we end up contributing $200-300k towards his salary then I'd demand Melboune's 1st rounder & Van Rooyen.

Not Weideman!
Spot on. We need to target Van Rooyen if we loose Ollie Henry to Geelong, which I'd be really annoyed with, but sometimes kids with talent don't love the Collingwood jumper as much as I do. :(
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

inxs88 wrote:Thought Quaynor was poor and his Snoop Dog/Warren G Regulate circa 1993 haircut shits me.
Just waiting for one of them stoopid cornrows to flick him in the eye to teach him a lesson; what next - a couple of Kgs of BLING around the neck?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
5:11pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by 5:11pm »

piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Thought Quaynor was poor and his Snoop Dog/Warren G Regulate circa 1993 haircut shits me.
Just waiting for one of them stoopid cornrows to flick him in the eye to teach him a lesson; what next - a couple of Kgs of BLING around the neck?
Wow.
Seriously, WOW.

I recall a young Pendles sporting ‘Bali’ dreadlocks early in his career, and that worked out OK.
BBHS
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by BBHS »

I'm sure your 20 year old levi's and New Balance T-Shirt are lighting up the front cover of vogue.

We commenting's on hating players appearances now? Give me spell
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

Boot wrote:
themonk wrote:If Grundy is traded to Melbourne & we end up contributing $200-300k towards his salary then I'd demand Melboune's 1st rounder & Van Rooyen.

Not Weideman!
Spot on. We need to target Van Rooyen if we loose Ollie Henry to Geelong, which I'd be really annoyed with, but sometimes kids with talent don't love the Collingwood jumper as much as I do. :(
Some people very quickly forget..we are trading Grundy to free space...we are not going to get his real worth in picks or players...we can't because the previous short sighted administration signed a stupid deal.

If we got Melbourne's first rounder that would be a huge win, we might (however highly unlikely) be able to get Van Rooyen..but they would want Collingwood to stump up more of Grundy's contract...which we can't do..

I will be surprised if we get much from the Grundy deal.it is being done so we have the space to bring in the other targets (Hill, Mcstay etc).

The dynamics of the trade period are changing fast...it isn't all about picks and players anymore. Tradeing for cap space is now a very real thing. You might not see a tangible return on a player that you would have in years gone bye...I.e a pick(s) or X player. Cap space is as value as picks and players now.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.

derkd wrote:
Boot wrote:

Not Weideman!
Some people very quickly forget..we are trading Grundy to free space...we are not going to get his real worth in picks or players...we can't because the previous short sighted administration signed a stupid deal.

If we got Melbourne's first rounder that would be a huge win, we might (however highly unlikely) be able to get Van Rooyen..but they would want Collingwood to stump up more of Grundy's contract...which we can't do..

I will be surprised if we get much from the Grundy deal.it is being done so we have the space to bring in the other targets (Hill, Mcstay etc).

The dynamics of the trade period are changing fast...it isn't all about picks and players anymore. Tradeing for cap space is now a very real thing. You might not see a tangible return on a player that you would have in years gone bye...I.e a pick(s) or X player. Cap space is as value as picks and players now.
Spot on.

Grundy is a gun but we have 2 other mature, competent ruckman that have surprised everyone in our deep finals drive.

Creating salary cap space for player retention and future recruitment, combined with size of Grundy’s contract, demands we look at all available options… no matter how emotionally unpalatable in the short term.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

BBHS wrote:I'm sure your 20 year old levi's and New Balance T-Shirt are lighting up the front cover of vogue.

Agree
Not to mention racial jokes. Those comments all need removing, you don’t get to excuse that pun.

Grow up.

Isaac did his job. Our defence was bloody good, did you not watch Freo come back against the dogs? Couldn’t do it with our defenders, and since the best spent the week sick in bed, they did alright
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!

Exactly.

The kids old man is from Ghana. Whether he shaves his head, grows a mullet, goes full sharply, sports cornrows, dreadlocks or a full blown fro is completely irrelevant.

This is not McAllister era Collingwood.
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

He could go full Dennis Rodman for all I care.

(just the hair I mean. )
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

think positive wrote:
BBHS wrote:I'm sure your 20 year old levi's and New Balance T-Shirt are lighting up the front cover of vogue.

Agree
Not to mention racial jokes. Those comments all need removing, you don’t get to excuse that pun.

Grow up.

Isaac did his job. Our defence was bloody good, did you not watch Freo come back against the dogs? Couldn’t do it with our defenders, and since the best spent the week sick in bed, they did alright
Did he? I thought he was very poor, for the second week running. I don't, of course, care about his hair and don't get people commenting upon it.
GlovemanGayfer

Post by GlovemanGayfer »

stui magpie wrote:^

He could go full Dennis Rodman for all I care.

(just the hair I mean. )
Imagine the worm as a footballer. He'd make Jacko look like a choirboy.
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Very loose unit but could play.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

The more that post season player movement becomes clearer, the more I see our off season activity as a focus on salary cap corrections, rather than the announcing of any A grader onto our list. Its looks pretty obvious our immediate aim is to improve both our cap position and add some much needed depth onto our list profile on the back of this trading period.
Ideally, we will also work ourselves into a draft position somewhere inside the top ten where we can add another quality young player onto the list ( only IF Grundy is moved on )
For mine, any attempt to attract a high quality free agent or pre agent will likely come at the end of the 2023 season when the cap has been corrected and at least one of either Sidey or Pendles will have retired.
Rome wasn’t built in a day but neither was an unbalanced list with burgeoning salary cap issues either.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Sidey contracted for another 2 years after this one isn't he? On current form Pendles will go on beyond next year too (interesting that he has played predominantly midfield in the 2 finals - still one of our best onballers when it comes to the crunch)