Round 7 vs Northern Bullants

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Some interested spectators at todays game.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

With Cam Cloke in the ruck all day where did Crow end up playing?
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Good question DB. I don't really follow the game, as such, when I'm there taking pics (hence the lack of recent match reports), but Crowy seemed to fill in and plug up gaps as needed. He spent some time at both ends of the ground, but I only noticed him at the end of the ground that I wasn't.

Re Cam, what I meant was that he rucked for the majority of the game, not all of it.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Rizzo32

Post by Rizzo32 »

Dale, my usual enquiries, hope you can assist:

Who played seniors (and why was Hollow a late inclusion and not named?)
12 Smoker, Craig
40 Hall, Brent*
17 Ramsay, Aaron
48 Butler, Adam

Any of these seen in the 2's from memory:
45 Fanning, David#
7 Gowers, Kurt
23 Dukes, Jeremy
5 Pearce, Matthew
44 Leonard, Zane#
58 Neeson, Shaun
38 Cape, Matthew
54 Watts, Ricky
56 Maher, Stephen
21 Puhar, Steven
28 Chiu, Anthony
57 Handreck, Richard
52 Tavelangi, Tevita
55 King, Dale
29 Ashton, Brian
51 McEwan, David
27 Male, Brenton
50 Goullet, Chris
60 Glenn, Stephen

Thanks again for the great pics, like the addition of a few more action snaps than the regulation kicking shots, good stuff!!

Can pencil in Kinnear and Williams as Willi regulars for the rest of the year I'm tippin! Cam and Rhyce will be with the Maggies next week.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

To answer:

Jimmy was named on the extended bench.

Neither Smoker nor Ramsay played, both injured.

Brent Hall played less than three quarters in the reserves.

Adam Butler played seniors.

Of the others:
45 Fanning, David# - Injured (knee)
7 Gowers, Kurt - Injured
23 Dukes, Jeremy - DNP (Unknown)
5 Pearce, Matthew - Injured
44 Leonard, Zane# - Injured
58 Neeson, Shaun - played
38 Cape, Matthew - played
54 Watts, Ricky - played
56 Maher, Stephen - DNP
21 Puhar, Steven - DNP
28 Chiu, Anthony - DNP
57 Handreck, Richard - played
52 Tavelangi, Tevita - Injured
55 King, Dale - played
29 Ashton, Brian - DNP
51 McEwan, David - Injured
27 Male, Brenton - DNP
50 Goullet, Chris - DNP
60 Glenn, Stephen - Injured

In all, both clubs (CFC and WFC) have 23 players on the injury list.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Rizzo32

Post by Rizzo32 »

Yeah ignore me about Hollow, I'm an idiot.

I was gonna say that's a tonne of injuries at the moment, do they get a few 17yo's from the juniors to make up the numbers I take it. By my count that's only 17 listed players in the 2's side. Good effort to win with lots of fillers.

What's the story with (one of your favs I'm guessing) 'Jimmy' Hollow, must be rated pretty high as he (and Jarrad) had a crack at the Maggies Rookie list this year I read, but he always seems to be up and down from the 1's. Only saw him very briefly play in one of the games I went to and didn't see anything too flash style or physique wise. Was told he won the clubman award a few years back?? So must be very good on the training track. Think it's his 3rd year (??) and he's 21yo, seems to be thought so well of but not the permanent 1's player you'd think he'd be by now. Has he had any big setbacks or injuries?

Go the Seagulls!
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Apparently, the reserves had 4 ring-ins from the local leagues, and still only managed to field a team of 21 players.

Don't know what makes you think that Hollow is one of my faves. I take the pics when the play is close to my side of the ground (which is actually the defensive side), so have to get as many as I can when I can. That would explain why some players get a lot of pics posted one week, then none some other weeks. Tarks, for example, was rarely sighted near my seating position, and when he was, he was either too close, the play was too congested or there were other players (or umpires) blocking my view.

Hollow and Jarrad did both train with the CFC rookies, as did Clinton Proctor. I think Aaron Ramsay was also training with them, but I could be wrong there.

Jimmy doesn't play with the consistency to warrant regular senior selection. When things are going his way, his is unstappable, but when they are against him, he loses concentration and the opposition becomes his priority. He wore a high number last season, and as his previous club is listed as Calder Cannons, you could be right in thinking this would be his third year. No major injuries that I'm aware of.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
d9 tank

Post by d9 tank »

Dale, did you notice if Rowe got much ball in general play or did he not stand out apart from his three goals?

I ask this because I'm just wondeing how far he is off a senior berth. What I saw of his pre-season he doesn't have the frame to compete just yet, but given the predicament we're in he might as well be given a shot IMO. Ditto for B.Shaw.

What do you think?
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Julian got plenty of the ball in general play, and his disposal has improved leaps-and-bounds. Maybe it was everything involved with his senior debut, but I'm sure he played well enough to retain his senior spot.

Going by the team lists, Brayden has a good 11kgs on Julian (84 to 73), so I'd say that Brayden is closer to being ready, body wise.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
d9 tank

Post by d9 tank »

Thanks mate, sounds very promising. I hope I see him in the black and white sooner rather than later.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

Good stuff Dale m8, appreciate the time you take to keep us informed.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
kwakwani

Post by kwakwani »

julian rowe is 80 kgs not 73
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

The CFC site has him at 73kgs, as does the TXU-VFL Record. He may have bulked up a little since these were first published, but this is all I have to go on.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked