Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Trade Targets

Post by BazBoy »

One player we won’t have to chase is our own Rusty aka Steele Sidebottom

Watching his presser on Collingwood TV. “ I have a year -the club sorted that at season start and it’s not common knowledge in the media
Yes I’ll be at the Pies next year “
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 51 times

Post by warburton lad »

Stocker played 28 games for the Blues and they lost 20 of them.

Pity he couldn't stay there and participate in many more losses for them.

I don't think he is the answer, but he would be good back-up...
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Trade Targets

Post by qldmagpie67 »

BazBoy wrote:One player we won’t have to chase is our own Rusty aka Steele Sidebottom

Watching his presser on Collingwood TV. “ I have a year -the club sorted that at season start and it’s not common knowledge in the media
Well that was a well kept secret
Up until 2 weeks ago AFL website still had him as free agent
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

warburton lad wrote:Stocker played 28 games for the Blues and they lost 20 of them.

Pity he couldn't stay there and participate in many more losses for them.

I don't think he is the answer, but he would be good back-up...
He was a fine junior at the Dragons. Pretty sure he won TAC player of the year in his draft year ( which is Vic only )
He’s spent a bit of time away from the game during his time at Carlton, so there’s a real possibly he’s struggling with coming to grips with the pressures of being an AFL footballer. Aaron Francis is similar at the Bombers, so it’s buyer beware on these guys.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

If you talk to Carlton fans they seem to be more disappointed that their investment has not yielded the desired return. He seems to be an in between player - not really a defender, doesn't have the tank to play in the middle.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Got no endurance and had anxiety issues exacerbated by the 2020/21 hub although might be able to build confidence. Carlton supporters aren’t kicking up a fuss though. Too risky for my liking.
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

Any love for Connor Downie who was delisted by Hawthorn recently?

Was drafted by the Hawks because he was in their NGA.

Growing up as a Pies fan.

Outstanding when playing for Oakleigh Chargers. Represented big Vic.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

With the injury to Adams I wonder if Matt Crouch comes into calculations
I think therefore I think - I think
themonk

Post by themonk »

think better wrote:With the injury to Adams I wonder if Matt Crouch comes into calculations
Not when Hopper is availabld
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:One player we won’t have to chase is our own Rusty aka Steele Sidebottom

No, it wasn't. A number of us reported it a month or two back and at the time we did, it was also reported in the media. You didn't accept it - and I left it alone because I took it that you thought we were just pushing your buttons.

I presume that if he passes Gordon Coventry's game tally next year at least some of the doubters will begin to appreciate that he's been an extraordinary player for us over a very long period of time.

Anyway, don't worry, he'll be gone soon enough. He can't reach 500 games ......

.... can he? :P :P :P
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Let’s offer Jack Riewoldt a contract lol
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

No, it wasn't. A number of us reported it a month or two back and at the time we did, it was also reported in the media. You didn't accept it - and I left it alone because I took it that you thought we were just pushing your buttons.

I presume that if he passes Gordon Coventry's game tally next year at least some of the doubters will begin to appreciate that he's been an extraordinary player for us over a very long period of time.

Anyway, don't worry, he'll be gone soon enough. He can't reach 500 games ......

.... can he? :P :P :P
All jokes aside, if he keeps playing on the outside (where he always should have been played) it will extend his playing life more than was expected under the previous administration; maybe a Tuck like Indian Summer?
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Got no endurance and had anxiety issues exacerbated by the 2020/21 hub although might be able to build confidence. Carlton supporters aren’t kicking up a fuss though. Too risky for my liking.
Was aiming to get more midfield time this year & but had a syndesmosis injury late last year which hampered pre-season. Had issues in the 2020 Hub but with the right help has been able to move past that (is now a spokesperson for Beyond Blue).

May be worth a punt. In a different environment and working with someone like Pendles he could develop into a good midfield option.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Dark Beanie wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Got no endurance and had anxiety issues exacerbated by the 2020/21 hub although might be able to build confidence. Carlton supporters aren’t kicking up a fuss though. Too risky for my liking.
Was aiming to get more midfield time this year & but had a syndesmosis injury late last year which hampered pre-season. Had issues in the 2020 Hub but with the right help has been able to move past that (is now a spokesperson for Beyond Blue).

May be worth a punt. In a different environment and working with someone like Pendles he could develop into a good midfield option.
Maybe in the right environment. I just think of players like Jesse White though, who have the talent but just lacked that mental toughness. Syndesmosis is a bitch to get over too, but depends what grade it was.