Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Poulter would be almost worthless in a trade unfortunately, out of contract and wanting to go back home so no fighting for his services

Meanwhile Frampton is playing a great SANFL semi final
Presti35
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Presti35 »

Let me try this again. Another unrealistic crack:
First things first; Jordan De Goey and Oliver Henry are signed up. 3 or 4 year deals.

After that; Will Hoskin-Elliott, Josh Carmichael (Rookie) and Will Kelly receive shorter team deals. 1 or 2 years.

Delist: Tom Wilson (Rookie). Isaac Chugg (Rookie). Jack Madgen. Liam McMahon. (Possible re-rookie Madge/McMahon).

Free Agency Signing: Dan McStay. For the right amount of years and the right amount of money.

Trade;

-Tyler Brown and Callum Brown to Sydney for pick 36 and 72.

-Caleb Poulter to Adelaide for Billy Frampton. (With a possible pick upgrade somewhere along the line).

-Pick 72 to Melbourne for Sam Weideman.

-Brodie Grundy to Melbourne for pick 14 and pick 35.

-Pick 14 and 42 to GWS for Ian Hill and Jacob Hopper.

-Pick 15 to Geelong for Jack Henry.

-Pick 48 to Hawthorn for Tom Mitchell. (Take it or leave it Hawks)

Already gone: Roughead, Keane (rookie).

Go to the draft with: 35 and 47. (Doing the math, would need to delist another player. Is there a rule about how many picks u have to use?)

Delisted Free Agent/Rookie Draft possibility: Aaron Francis. Tom Phillips, but not really.

Cat B Rookie possibility: Conor McKenna
I see Essendon are now in the JDG stakes. And Dunkley may be leaving the kennel. Keep an eye on the Dunkley situation, but I doubt we can get him.

RE: Mitchell/Crouch. If the trade was for a cheap pick, we need to take it. Yes they have flaws, but we need to address this part of our game and they can both help in the guts. Other than Adams, we've had Sier and Wills playing this role in recent years. If we added Hopper and one of these guys cheaply, then its a win. Both Mitchell and Crouch have just 1 year left on their deals.

McKenna, Francis and Weideman are just footnotes. Wont change the immediate fortunes of the team. Can all still become decent players, but understand that they are not popular/high priority picks at the moment.

Re-signing Oliver Henry and trading in his brother, Jack, would be an epic move by the club. But a very unlikely one. Imagine though.

Missed out on Taranto, lets go for Hopper. He's a ball winning gun and an easier trade to complete. Lets get he and Hill over the line before any trade for Taranto happens.

Yes, Grundy going to Melbourne would suck. But it looks like that's the only option for a trade atm. If he was interested in going to the Hawks, we could probably make a better trade.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The peptides are now into Grundy.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

RudeBoy wrote:The peptides are now into Grundy.
I've been waiting for this.

They're into JDG and now Grundy too?

Can't wait to see Dodoros trade offer. Will it be pick 78 for both of them?
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Pick 78 and we pay half their salaries
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

Probably many comments on this before.

I suspect the media speculation doesn't help, but it seems amazing that firstly we would want to trade away Grundy.

That we would consider trading to Melbourne and Geelong, the other top 4 teams, does not make sense.

And if it does unlock salary cap, and he is being demanded, not sure why we would pay up to $300k (that is the media reports) of his salary.

Hopefully we will have an unlikely premiership when the decisions are being made
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Just on Billy Frampton, he had a big SANFL prelim final in a losing side.
I’m not against him coming to Collingwood, if for no other reason than the trade itself and likely contract would be fairly insignificant in the overall scheme of list management.
He would come to us as a 201cm 25 year old who has played at both ends and the ruck in the past. He was also close to BOG for the Crows earlier in the season playing as a key defender but obviously he tapered off and eventually lost his spot. Darcy Cameron was much maligned when he came to us but nobody is complaining about him now. I reckon Frampton is worth the punt and if nothing else, he will at least add some much needed spine depth to our AFL list.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Well one thing looks certain, if the Taranto chat is correct, we're not putting any $650k plus multi-year mega-contracts on the table for any mid-fielder, KPP, midfielder or otherwise.
I can see a play for a restricted agent that might cost us a 1st round pick, but yielding to a mega-contract would be for Colingwood, as one former PM said, "like a dog returning to its vomit". This for what we understand isn't what G.Wright takes to the trade table.

As the severity of Adams injury begins to circulate, if, and if Mitchell & the Hawks are open to trade, they'll know we'll be desperate to cover Adams.
Our first second rounder (current or future) might be required to dislodge him from Glenferrie Oval, as well as taking on his contract. He'd be 30 y/o come May next year, and pretty much a carbon copy of Adams from a statistics perspective.
One could certainly make a case for going hard for him now, and give Taylor Adams the time he'll need to see if he can recover from this latest injury and to see out his 2024 contract.

I see this trade period perhaps the most important of the coming 2-3 given we're desperate for some class. If Pendles output finally starts to flag, Sidey calls time before the 2023 season, there's some real polish we need to inject.
A Lipinski type trade, at pick 43 is what we hope we can uncover, but that's one of hope rather than hoping lightning strikes twice in consecutive trade periods.

Finally, I'd like to see us enquire into ex-Dandenong Stingray now Melbourne rookie Fraser Rosman, whom will be out of contract with the Dees this year. Presents as a player that could add some real dash to the wing and a future upgrade on WHE. Worth a read of some of the pre-draft articles on him.
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Pies2016 wrote:Regardless of what anyone thinks of him, I reckon the nasty Adams injury has just paved a way for Tom Mitchell to make his way to Collingwood.
Watch this space.
I think you can take it as a given if we are out of the race for both Taranto and Hopper.

Unfortunately Adams has battled groin injuries since his junior days and I think it's at a stage now where we have to plan around him not being available and treat it is as a bonus if he is.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

Paddy Dow? Looks ready to breakout.
Buon Giorno
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

If Richmond end up with Taranto AND Hopper, I'll spew up.

Collier-Dawkins looks on the way out. Has he shown any signs of becoming a full time mid?

In recent weeks, I've become convinced that we cannot let De Goey leave. And that if (when) Grundy is traded, we have to at least bring in a quality player, wether that be a forward, mid, defender, or ruckman, we have to bring in someone that is going to help this team take the next step.

Are Essendon really in the hunt for Grundy?
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Imagine being Jordan DeGoey and Jake Stringer heads up a player delegate aiming to recruiting you. You'd have to laugh
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Liam Stocker sensationally delisted by Carlton.

22yo, 184cm, Inside Midfielder.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... ocker.html

Go for him? Can he be signed as a delisted free agent?
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Presti35 wrote:Liam Stocker sensationally delisted by Carlton.

22yo, 184cm, Inside Midfielder.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... ocker.html

Go for him? Can he be signed as a delisted free agent?
Interesting. An inside mid - just what we need. Need to investigate.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Carlton live traded picks to get him now he is gone. Some question marks on his body/injuries though.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.