Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m warming to McStay and Barry’s boy after today
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Regardless of what anyone thinks of him, I reckon the nasty Adams injury has just paved a way for Tom Mitchell to make his way to Collingwood.
Watch this space.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Yeah the Adams injury is a worry because he has done it a few times over his career.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Mr Miyagi wrote:I’m warming to McStay and Barry’s boy after today
It does sort of have 2009 trade period vibes where Everyman and his dog could see we were short a ruck and clearance mid, so enter Ball and Jolly, here we need 1 more reliable tall and a clearance winner
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

It does sort of have 2009 trade period vibes where Everyman and his dog could see we were short a ruck and clearance mid, so enter Ball and Jolly, here we need 1 more reliable tall and a clearance winner
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

MAY-Z wrote:
Exacto mundo! And there was criticism of Ball being finished from injury at the time, but he helped win us a flag. McStay and Barry Jnr are in good Nick
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

We were a tad behind the Saints and Cats back then and surged past them. We are on par with the Cats and not too far behind Swans. We are still building probably more like 2007 but we can make some strategic moves and maybe a Bobby Hill that can make us go to the next level in 2023.

Most didn’t think we would make finals until 2023 so whatever experience our younger guys get this month will make them stronger.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
MAY-Z wrote:
Exacto mundo! And there was criticism of Ball being finished from injury at the time, but he helped win us a flag. McStay and Barry Jnr are in good Nick
And what you can find in these situations is people focus too much on what players don’t do, Ball couldn’t run and spread but he could win his own ball and tackle, Mitchell (and Matt crouch) are very similar in terms of not great runners (Mitchell better than crouch) but they can win stoppage and set things up, we have good outside run with the Daicos boys, sidey, crisp so just need a bit more oomph at getting it there
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Whatever makes us stronger, faster, smarter. Bring it
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Yes it’s all making sense now. McStay could be more of Brown than a Jolly but with his versatility. Frampton as defensive and ruck cover? Bobby Hill the fed rover and pressure fwd would be good.

If McStay and Hill do come in, we’ve got a crowded fwd line all of a sudden.

No to Crouch, gets the ball but can’t chase and defend. Prefer Mitchell who can lay tackles get frees and run both ways. Seems a better option but will cost more than Crouch.

DeGoey needs to be resigned now more than ever.

But for all of the above and the min 3 list spots we take to the National draft, we need to make some space to draft and trade.

Does this all come down to Grundy and Henry departing? If Grundy stays what then?
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

McStay would have been very handy indeed last night
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
choppa
Been liked: 1 time

Post by choppa »

We need a proper key forward who can dominate games. I don’t want a big body who can just make contests but I want a big forward who can make contests and can kick bags. We haven’t had one since Cloke.

We need our own Jeremy Cameron, Tom lynch, King brothers (future stars) etc

Krueger and mcstay ain’t it for me. That’s just my opinion.
Last edited by choppa on Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
choppa
Been liked: 1 time

Post by choppa »

DP
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by eddiesmith »

The Black and White Lion wrote:Yes it’s all making sense now. McStay could be more of Brown than a Jolly but with his versatility. Frampton as defensive and ruck cover? Bobby Hill the fed rover and pressure fwd would be good.

If McStay and Hill do come in, we’ve got a crowded fwd line all of a sudden.

No to Crouch, gets the ball but can’t chase and defend. Prefer Mitchell who can lay tackles get frees and run both ways. Seems a better option but will cost more than Crouch.

DeGoey needs to be resigned now more than ever.

But for all of the above and the min 3 list spots we take to the National draft, we need to make some space to draft and trade.

Does this all come down to Grundy and Henry departing? If Grundy stays what then?
Hill and McStay have been spoken about for a long time so I don’t think they are dependent on moving anyone on.

Getting rid of Grundy opens up other doors to fill gaps where we desperately need a top player as a million dollar ruckman is not a requirement to winning a flag.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Does anyone know if Poulter is staying as there was a rumour of homesickness mid year?
I would love him to stay, famous name, turning 20 next month, 2 years in the AFL system, great first year with back to back 20 + possession games,
long kick and we picked him up with pick 30.
I would expect top value if he was traded, he will flourish in the next couple years. Hope he is happy here at the Pies.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.