Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Haff wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote: Why don’t you choose another team to “support”? Your generalised negativity just makes the rest of us puke.
I’m as gutted as you. IQ wouldn’t see your comments as positive. Moving on.
It’s the generalised misery-making that makes us ill. Critique particular players or plays, by all means, but keep the “Collingwood will fail” rhetoric to yourself.
+1
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Time to plan for 2023 back in the premiership mix now
Franco

Post by Franco »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Franco wrote:New poster here, just want to say I’m so proud of this team. Disappointing to lose this one to the Cats, but we’re still alive. I fkn love this club.
You’re a legend. We fought it tooth and nail to the end and just fell short
Thanks Miyagi. Back at ya

First year with new coaches and new game plan and we almost win a qualifying final. Been an amazing ride. Enjoy the effort these blokes put in week in and week out. I know I certainly have. Go Pies
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Franco wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Franco wrote:New poster here, just want to say I’m so proud of this team. Disappointing to lose this one to the Cats, but we’re still alive. I fkn love this club.
You’re a legend. We fought it tooth and nail to the end and just fell short
Thanks Miyagi. Back at ya

First year with new coaches and new game plan and we almost win a qualifying final. Been an amazing ride. Enjoy the effort these blokes put in week in and week out. I know I certainly have. Go Pies
What a year hey! And we’re still not finished yet!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Jezza wrote:Still trying to gather my thoughts, but I have mixed feelings at the moment.

On the one hand, you can't help but be proud of how far this group has come in the past 12 months. Not many gave us a chance to win today, but we took it right up to Geelong and showed we deserved to be in the top 4.

However, losing another close final is starting to wear thin for me. This isn't the first time we've come away with an 'honourable' finals loss, but in the end we've got nothing to show for it now and risk the possibility of a straight sets exit.

The Dogs seriously worry me. Their biggest strength is clearances, which happens to be our biggest weakness. In addition, they always seem to raise their game during the finals.

It's going to take some time to fully sink in what we've just witnessed.
Last time we had an "honourable" finals loss it was in 2019, against GWS
We were then eliminated.
I feel this is very different.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

A pity the dogs have had a bruise free game.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Collingwood time to plan for 2023 we are back in the premiership mix
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:And normal programming resumes with the Pies returning to finals laughing stock again.

We win pretty much every close H&A game and then lose the close final.

Only a total moron would make such a $$%^%%$ ludicrous pathetic comment like that, no way are we a laughing stock, we just ran best team in the comp to one bloody kick, no thanks to shitty umps. Even my bro in law, one eyed Tiger, said we did real well, real good, and should be proud of our boys. Wake up to yourself, that was way below the belt. :o :?
Correct weight. Whatsinaname does this regularly when the pies lose. Simply ignore.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

RudeBoy wrote:A pity the dogs have had a bruise free game.
I’m bitterly disappointed in Freo giving the Dogs a friendly warm up
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

RudeBoy wrote:A pity the dogs have had a bruise free game.
Freo Dogs game not over yet.
42-27 at half time.
Plenty left to come.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Whatsinaname is just gutted and projected their anger at anyone and anything. Hopefully they go easy on the Xbox controller
rambler

Post by rambler »

Ok the initial disappointment has subsided.
This group will never die wondering. Unlike other teams that go into their shell and choke.
I trust Fly to give the group a good talking to. We are in every game we play with our do or die gameplan.
And even if we lose in next three weeks i am confident this coaching staff will provide a premiership within next four years. The kids are good and the coach knows what is needed to take us to a whole new level.
Don't be surprised to see some big calls on senior players.
Fly has achieved the impossible with a small squad. He hasn't even had a chance to replenish the squad and he's got us sniffing glory.
Just that fact makes me optimistic for the future.
This is not old Collingwood, I sense a great era coming with some magical moments.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

1 more preseason 1 more draft to be in premiership mix got to make premlim at least
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

We have the makings now