Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

What'sinaname wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:I feel really weird after this loss.
I feel like it was the loss we had to have to spur us on to the GF.
A loss of 1 goal to the minor Premiers will consolidate the belief, and at the same time, bring on ravishing hunger.
Winning would of course have been the perfect scenario.
Failing that, this is next best.
I feel that Fly will use this game to raise us to ultimate heights.
I have not lost any confidence from tonight, may have even gained some.
Weird.
That's all good until we run into Sydney. Let's be honest, we fugged up our best chance of pinching a flag today. If we won, we get a week off and a home PF. We fugged it, plain and simples, and we include the scumpires who were disgraceful.
Yeah, but we ran into Geelong tonight, who according to most pundits, are even more likely to win the flag than the Swans.
We are a smokey, no doubt. But we showed tonight, where there is smoke there is fire.
We have not yet "fugged" up or chance of pinching a flag. Might have even enhanced it, according to my way of thinking.
Mate, life is not mechanical. It is not just he wins, I win, you win, count the points.
It is he wins, what impact does that have on me, how do i react, how does he react...
Reality is complex.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Pies4shaw wrote:We lose a game by 6 points to a team that’s won about 15 in a row and a week before the game starts you’re giving up on us beating a crap team that didn’t deserve to play finals?
Beat Dogs / Freo, so what when you run into Syndey in Sydney
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by Jezza »

Still trying to gather my thoughts, but I have mixed feelings at the moment.

On the one hand, you can't help but be proud of how far this group has come in the past 12 months. Not many gave us a chance to win today, but we took it right up to Geelong and showed we deserved to be in the top 4.

However, losing another close final is starting to wear thin for me. This isn't the first time we've come away with an 'honourable' finals loss, but in the end we've got nothing to show for it now and risk the possibility of a straight sets exit.

The Dogs seriously worry me. Their biggest strength is clearances, which happens to be our biggest weakness. In addition, they always seem to raise their game during the finals.

It's going to take some time to fully sink in what we've just witnessed.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
derkd
Been liked: 22 times

Post by derkd »

Raw Hammer wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
A loss of 1 goal to the minor Premiers will consolidate the belief, and at the same time, bring on ravishing hunger.
Weird.
That's all good until we run into Sydney. Let's be honest, we fugged up our best chance of pinching a flag today. If we won, we get a week off and a home PF. We fugged it, plain and simples, and we include the scumpires who were disgraceful.
Absolutely this. Blew a genuine chance of pinching a flag today.

Next to no chance from here on in.

Sad reality of it unfortunately.

No guarantees next year or the years after. This want a ‘free hit’. This was a HIT at potential glory. And yet again the club blew it. Harsh, but that’s the facts.

I dont agree, history since the end of year bye says the two weeks off means your a 50/50 of winning. It is too much of a break. But I agree, we have face the swans in Sydney....we are in strife.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

What'sinaname wrote:
Weird.

NO way, we can beat the dishlickers, at the MCG, they only beat us last time we had guys out injured, and it was at their little shithole Marvel ground, we will be in a foul mood next week, Fly will see to that, we will not go out in straight sets, not after todays teffiic effort, we will be more than ready for them next week, be very different to last time we played them, make no mistake. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Franco

Post by Franco »

New poster here, just want to say I’m so proud of this team. Disappointing to lose this one to the Cats, but we’re still alive. I fkn love this club.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

swooper
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swooper »

What'sinaname wrote:And normal programming resumes with the Pies returning to finals laughing stock again.

We win pretty much every close H&A game and then lose the close final.
Laughing stock? Pull your head in. What a year we have had. How about recognising that?
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Raw Hammer wrote:We brought the Dogs into this finals series, and chances are they’re gonna take us out of it next week.

They lead Freo 42-2 half way through the second quarter in Perth.

You can’t make this shit up.

Fat lady hasn't sang yet. Dockers coming back.
Mr Miyagi
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Franco wrote:New poster here, just want to say I’m so proud of this team. Disappointing to lose this one to the Cats, but we’re still alive. I fkn love this club.
You’re a legend. We fought it tooth and nail to the end and just fell short
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

What'sinaname
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

swooper wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:And normal programming resumes with the Pies returning to finals laughing stock again.

We win pretty much every close H&A game and then lose the close final.
Laughing stock? Pull your head in. What a year we have had. How about recognising that?
Read the rest of the post. Supporters are laughing at us.
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Collingwouldn't »

Marvelos wrote:
mudlark wrote:Collingwood need to pull the trigger and pick a team of goers. Miochec out for Krueger. Ginnivan, we just can’t carry this plodder any longer. Too slow, dog trots along instead of going hard. Loses every one on one. In Carmichael , who will probably replace Adam’s. Fin McCrae IN.
Checkers still has credit in the bank, no way is he dropped, I would like to squeeze Freddy in somewhere though.
What, you're talking about that Tom Green film? Indeed, an abstract masterpiece.
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Banksy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:We brought the Dogs into this finals series, and chances are they’re gonna take us out of it next week.

They lead Freo 42-2 half way through the second quarter in Perth.

You can’t make this shit up.

Fat lady hasn't sang yet. Dockers coming back.
4 in a row they are roaring back….
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Huge learning curve for the boys. I just thought we looked unbalanced with in game plan. Our pressure was seriously hot and we had them rattled but we just weren’t clean enough when we needed to be. There was sooo many opportunities to create score board pressure and to kick away but poor execution, decision making and lack of reward for effort wasn’t coming our way no matter how hard we tried. It was a dirty day for us. We lost that game due to trying to win it by tackling our way to victory but umpires hardly call holding the ball these days or for incorrect disposal, not this year and never to us.
We really busted our guts tonight and couldn’t get it done. I just think it was a taxing game plan and tactically the balance of our pressure game was so far greater than our offensive game because of it. I hate the bye week in footy, to press restart again and start we you might of left off isn’t easy to do in sport.
no second chances