Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

I don't get this: what has Treloar got to do with it?
We could have won tonight, full stop.
The pendulum swung to them, by 1 degree. could equally well have swung our way.
Why are we even discussing Treloar?
We need to be discussing:
a) the brilliance of our team tonight in proving that we are genuinely capable of defeating any team.
b) How do we now go into next week, with the list we currently have, which has demonstrated itself to be close if not at the necessary level.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Damien wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Damien wrote:So proud of this team. And to the flogs on here who are:

1. Blaming the umpires
2. Calling for Mihocek to be dropped
3. Talking about whether we can beat Sydney or not

I will say:

1. Umpiring was brilliant, let it go all game and no team had a clear advantage,
2. Mihocek had a quiet game yes but no way he’ll be dropped
3. we gotta win another game before we worry about Sydney

Had a gutful of the whingers on this site. Especially about umpiring. If you can’t just acknowledge what a brilliant performance that was by our team, you don’t know squat about footy and definitely haven’t played it.
You’re the only flog pal. Miochec has about 20 touches in the last 6 games. Think of what we lost by and then think of his decision to play on from 20 metres out directly in front. He’s our goddamn full forward FFS. Doesn’t chase always falls over at the contest had didn’t even have a handful of possessions. The umpires are cheats and nothing more. They were a disgrace and a blight on what was a great finale game.
You know I think you seriously do think the umpires actually cheat and that Collingwood get screwed by them EVERY week. Your hilarious mate. Wouldn’t have the first clue about the caper. I saw plenty that went our way today too. The Pies were brave today, could easily have gone our way in the end. That’s high risk/return footy for ya
My immediate thoughts on you are that you are Wayne Kerr but I’m tipping it’s a bit deeper. Of course you know it all and wouldn’t consider you could ever be wrong Wayne.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

What'sinaname wrote:We would have won with Treloar
That’s a joke, I imagine. Lipinski had 3 goals assists - all for Collingwood - kicked a goal and only moved the ball forwards. If Treloar was playing, the game would have been over by halftime - because Geelong thrive on guys who like to run around the backs of packs and move the ball away from goal.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Ah well, time to drown the sorrows with a couple of strong Jack Daniels, and move on now. We did well today, nearly pinched it, against the top team, had a real red hot go, many critics said wed get smashed, well, we proved them so wrong today, we are a very good , strong team. We will be in a foul nasty mood next week, Fly will have us pumped, and will take it out on Freo or Dogs, after that, anything can happen. Im proud of my Club, over 60 yrs a diehard Magpie, im proud of my boys today. Onto next week, we fight another day.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Collingwouldn't »

think positive wrote:Heart broken

$$%^%%$ arsewipe umpires made it so hard,

Bring in Carmichael

And go Freo

I’m done tonight

Wiped out

I am so so sick of this bulkshit competition, and nothing will be said

As soon as jacks wasn’t paid… so many bullshit calls, ball ball ball

Duckwoods throw

The thing in the goal square

The out of bounds

**** u gill
It's not Gill's fault. It's the Illuminati's.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Piesnchess wrote:Ah well, time to drown the sorrows with a couple of strong Jack Daniels, and move on now. We did well today, nearly pinched it, against the top team, had a real red hot go, many critics said wed get smashed, well, we proved them so wrong today, we are a very good , strong team. We will be in a foul nasty mood next week, Fly will have us pumped, and will take it out on Freo or Dogs, after that, anything can happen. Im proud of my Club, over 60 yrs a diehard Magpie, im proud of my boys today. Onto next week, we fight another day.
This, Piesnchess, sums up my feelings as well
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Collingwouldn't wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Haff wrote:Win that we make a granny. Now 100:1. Even if we don’t go out in straight sets we have to play Sydney on the postage stamp. We can’t beat them up there.
Why don’t you choose another team to “support”? Your generalised negativity just makes the rest of us puke.
Exactly. Singling out individual players as 'shit' and should be dropped is far mor specific and proactive.
Tell someone who cares.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Damien wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Damien wrote:So proud of this team. And to the flogs on here who are:

1. Blaming the umpires
2. Calling for Mihocek to be dropped
3. Talking about whether we can beat Sydney or not

I will say:

1. Umpiring was brilliant, let it go all game and no team had a clear advantage,
2. Mihocek had a quiet game yes but no way he’ll be dropped
3. we gotta win another game before we worry about Sydney

Had a gutful of the whingers on this site. Especially about umpiring. If you can’t just acknowledge what a brilliant performance that was by our team, you don’t know squat about footy and definitely haven’t played it.
You’re the only flog pal. Miochec has about 20 touches in the last 6 games. Think of what we lost by and then think of his decision to play on from 20 metres out directly in front. He’s our goddamn full forward FFS. Doesn’t chase always falls over at the contest had didn’t even have a handful of possessions. The umpires are cheats and nothing more. They were a disgrace and a blight on what was a great finale game.
You know I think you seriously do think the umpires actually cheat and that Collingwood get screwed by them EVERY week. Your hilarious mate. Wouldn’t have the first clue about the caper. I saw plenty that went our way today too. The Pies were brave today, could easily have gone our way in the end. That’s high risk/return footy for ya
My immediate thoughts on you are that you are Wayne Kerr but I’m tipping it’s a bit deeper. Of course you know it all and wouldn’t consider you could ever be wrong Wayne. If you think the umpires were not responsible for us losing tonight then I’m afraid you would be one of the only ones who did and THAT would suggest you are the one without a clue about” This caper”.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

We need to be more ruthless with selections! Some can’t play finals with top calibre sides just yet. They went missing today. We failed to match the big brute strength of Pussy Galore tall forwards. No excuse for todays loss. We failed badly and let down long suffering Pies fans when we needed a win. Drop players who can’t step up in finals. A key player was no where near those Geelong forwards . That’s bloody right! And you probably don’t even know what I am talking about do you ?
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Hiss wrote:We need to be more ruthless with selections! Some can’t play finals with top calibre sides just yet. They went missing today. We failed to match the big brute strength of Pussy Galore tall forwards. No excuse for todays loss. We failed badly and let down long suffering Pies fans when we needed a win. Drop players who can’t step up in finals. A key player was no where near those Geelong forwards . That’s bloody right! And you probably don’t even know what I am talking about do you ?
Hiss, I love your posts, because you are like a negative mirror. You reflect the worst in us.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Pies4shaw wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:We would have won with Treloar
That’s a joke, I imagine. Lipinski had 3 goals assists - all for Collingwood - kicked a goal and only moved the ball forwards. If Treloar was playing, the game would have been over by halftime - because Geelong thrive on guys who like to run around the backs of packs and move the ball away from goal.
No joke. When your team is beaten by Gary Rohan, hard questions need to be asked and hard statements need to be made.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Well, we're playing the Doggies next week

#straightsets might be a possibility
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

What'sinaname wrote:Well, we're playing the Doggies next week

Bring it on.
Straight sets acertainly is a possible outcome.
Winning and going into a PF is another possible outcome.
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Unlike previous weeks we won most of the stats tonight and had it on our terms a bit but weren’t as daring as we have been in H&A season. We got out the back a couple of times and there was 1 nice coast to coast but didn’t use the corridor as much, maybe Geelong blocked it up a bit but seemed we restored to bombing a bit which doesn’t suit our forward make up. Hopefully that flare returns next week with the pressure of tonight.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

What'sinaname wrote:Well, we're playing the Doggies next week

The elimination final winners always look a million bucks and the QF losers always look beaten up but it’s funny how many times the losers bounce back. But 2022 has been a close season so expect anything can happen.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.