Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Collingwouldn't »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Haff wrote:Win that we make a granny. Now 100:1. Even if we don’t go out in straight sets we have to play Sydney on the postage stamp. We can’t beat them up there.
Why don’t you choose another team to “support”? Your generalised negativity just makes the rest of us puke.
Exactly. Singling out individual players as 'shit' and should be dropped is far mor specific and proactive.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Proud of that effort!
We should have got them in the end, but not to be.
We live to fight another day.
Go Pies!!!!
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

[quote="
would've liked to see McCreery get a defined tagging role to help bring him to the ball

Carna' Pies.[/quote]
What I would have love to see was McCreery NOT dropping 3 sitters in the forward 50 after the boys busted there balls down the field and NOT fumble the final handball when we were surging forward at the death.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Wipe away, onto to the next game
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Collingwouldn't »

Piesnchess wrote:The Cats sure have an ageing old forward line, when they all retire soon, they are going to be stuffed , plus Sellwood, Danger, etc , I long for the day the arse falls out of these showponies from sleepy hollow.
Um, the Mighty Showponies won 18 home and away games this year - 2 more than anyone else.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by What'sinaname »

mudlark wrote: What I would have love to see was McCreery NOT dropping 3 sitters in the forward 50 after the boys busted there balls down the field and NOT fumble the final handball when we were surging forward at the death.
I counted 6 fumbles / drops.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

mudlark wrote:
Damien wrote:So proud of this team. And to the flogs on here who are:

1. Blaming the umpires
2. Calling for Mihocek to be dropped
3. Talking about whether we can beat Sydney or not

I will say:

1. Umpiring was brilliant, let it go all game and no team had a clear advantage,
2. Mihocek had a quiet game yes but no way he’ll be dropped
3. we gotta win another game before we worry about Sydney

Had a gutful of the whingers on this site. Especially about umpiring. If you can’t just acknowledge what a brilliant performance that was by our team, you don’t know squat about footy and definitely haven’t played it.
You’re the only flog pal. Miochec has about 20 touches in the last 6 games. Think of what we lost by and then think of his decision to play on from 20 metres out directly in front. He’s our goddamn full forward FFS. Doesn’t chase always falls over at the contest had didn’t even have a handful of possessions. The umpires are cheats and nothing more. They were a disgrace and a blight on what was a great finale game.
You know I think you seriously do think the umpires actually cheat and that Collingwood get screwed by them EVERY week. Your hilarious mate. Wouldn’t have the first clue about the caper. I saw plenty that went our way today too. The Pies were brave today, could easily have gone our way in the end. That’s high risk/return footy for ya
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

mudlark wrote:[quote="pietillidie]would've liked to see McCreery get a defined tagging role to help bring him to the ball...]/quote]
What I would have love to see was McCreery NOT dropping 3 sitters in the forward 50 after the boys busted there balls down the field and NOT fumble the final handball when we were surging forward at the death.
[/quote]
He's a kid in his first final playing in a forward line that was comprehensively beaten. Did you see how many times the best players on both teams fumbled? Keep it together.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

We would have won with Treloar
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Collingwouldn't wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:The Cats sure have an ageing old forward line, when they all retire soon, they are going to be stuffed , plus Sellwood, Danger, etc , I long for the day the arse falls out of these showponies from sleepy hollow.
Um, the Mighty Showponies won 18 home and away games this year - 2 more than anyone else.

So, what happens to this ageing team when ol Duckwood, Hawkins, Danger mouse, Rohan, Touhey, Cameron all retire ?????? what happens then, and its coming, thats why Scott is pissing his daks, an wants a flag NOW, before these old Player all finish, at once, then the showponies arse will fall out of them, and I an many others cannot wait for that day, cant wait. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
joemamone@gmail.com

Post by joemamone@gmail.com »

Treloar is a fair weather player.
Believer
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Damien wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Damien wrote:So proud of this team. And to the flogs on here who are:

1. Blaming the umpires
2. Calling for Mihocek to be dropped
3. Talking about whether we can beat Sydney or not

I will say:

1. Umpiring was brilliant, let it go all game and no team had a clear advantage,
2. Mihocek had a quiet game yes but no way he’ll be dropped
3. we gotta win another game before we worry about Sydney

Had a gutful of the whingers on this site. Especially about umpiring. If you can’t just acknowledge what a brilliant performance that was by our team, you don’t know squat about footy and definitely haven’t played it.
You’re the only flog pal. Miochec has about 20 touches in the last 6 games. Think of what we lost by and then think of his decision to play on from 20 metres out directly in front. He’s our goddamn full forward FFS. Doesn’t chase always falls over at the contest had didn’t even have a handful of possessions. The umpires are cheats and nothing more. They were a disgrace and a blight on what was a great finale game.
You know I think you seriously do think the umpires actually cheat and that Collingwood get screwed by them EVERY week. Your hilarious mate. Wouldn’t have the first clue about the caper. I saw plenty that went our way today too. The Pies were brave today, could easily have gone our way in the end. That’s high risk/return footy for ya
I thought the umpires made some poor calls today, as they always do in the heat of the moment, and we didn’t get the rub of the green. But there have been times in past games where I thought we were a bit fortunate. It was an arm-wrestle and we should have won, but for some poor conversion early and an inexplicable need to bomb the ball into an outmanned forward line in the last quarter. Did an umpiring call make the difference ? Given the margin, possibly, but in small margin games that is always the case.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

What'sinaname wrote:We would have won with Treloar
Do you think Treloar replacing [name one] in this side would have made the difference? He would have been handy, but the difference? Hmmm....

I'm thinking the game was lost with poor decision making; both us and those putrid whistle maggots

I'm wondering why Cal Brown was dropped after 18 gets in a half against Sydney a few weeks back?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

joemamone@gmail.com wrote:Treloar is a fair weather player.
Let's see if he earns our money tonight lol :lol:
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

piedys wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:We would have won with Treloar
Do you think Treloar replacing [name one] in this side would have made the difference? He would have been handy, but the difference? Hmmm....

I'm thinking the game was lost with poor decision making; both us and those putrid whistle maggots

I'm wondering why Cal Brown was dropped after 18 gets in a half against Sydney a few weeks back?
Adams