Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Boot wrote:
themonk wrote: Buddy?

I understand why we want him though
I'm glad you understand why we want him, because I just don't get the excitment, or the size of the reported salary he has signed on for. As I have postulated on elsewhere on this forum, the forwards already at Collingwood in Mihocek, Johnson, Darcy Cameron and Henry I rate as being better options up forward to Dan McStay. Hence I'm guessing that Collingwood see him as a potential replacement for Roughead as the backman to compete with the opposition gorilla forwards and so release Darcy Moore to be a more attacking option off the halfback line than on the full back line. I see that as more likely than a reincarnation of the Leigh Brown role, although I know Fly McRae did say he frets about who could replace Mihocek if he is injured.
That said last night's game by McStay was the best game he has played this year but I suspect that is because its a lot easier to play a roving ruckman's role than as a key forward.
If McStay is a definite recruit to Collingwood then I struggle to see the attraction of Port Adelaide's Frampton? I suspect that Collingwood's apparent interest in Frampton is more due to the likely departure of Brody Grundy from the club for reason's I just can't fathom. :cry:
FWIW I don't think Frampton has anything to do with Grundy staying or leaving. It's common knowledge that our list is deficient of tall forwards and defenders. I hope McMahon and Kelly get new contracts because those two are about all we have coming through on the list. Charlie Dean is recovering from a serious foot injury and Begg is too raw to have any real prospects of regular football in the next two years. Frampton has been slowly developing in the two Adelaide teams, but hasn't done enough to get a regular game. However at 25 his best football is ahead of him if he can stay on a senior list and Collingwood is one of the few teams in need of big men. I haven't a clue whether he's a forward or a defender from the little I've seen of him. I'm guessing they're looking him as a potential tall defender. At this point of time it's all speculation. McStay is the only one we have locked in for 2023.
McMahon isn't good enough. Kelly hasn't shown enough yet and probably only has a year left to prove himself.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
mudlark wrote:
themonk wrote:Good mark, kick & decision making.

Not a ruckman but can be used as last resort.

Only weakness is lack of pace.
Show mw a 6'5' 97 KG person who is fast!! I have just spoken to Daniels Godfather and he informed me Dan McStay is 100% coming to Collingwood. Deal is basically done.
He’s mafia?
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Mudlark, it’s a dad joke. Lighten up mate, save the anger for the game day thread.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

themonk wrote:
mudlark wrote:
themonk wrote:Good mark, kick & decision making.

Not a ruckman but can be used as last resort.

Only weakness is lack of pace.
Show mw a 6'5' 97 KG person who is fast!! I have just spoken to Daniels Godfather and he informed me Dan McStay is 100% coming to Collingwood. Deal is basically done.
Buddy?

I understand why we want him though
You’ll have forgive my ignorance but I have no clue what the “buddy?” thing is all about. Merely pointing out some info that people may have found interesting. Seems I was wrong.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

,,Word on the street is, Weideman is coming too us, its a dead certainty.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Tom Phillips dumped by Hawks, some of the boys down at the pub say he wants to cone back to Collingwood…..we are now a destination club.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Pies must have asked the afl for extra spots on our list. Everyone is coming to Collingwood.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Be great to see Weideman playing for the Pies and he would at least have an old school mate to play alongside.
Presti35
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by Presti35 »

Johnno75 wrote:Tom Phillips dumped by Hawks, some of the boys down at the pub say he wants to cone back to Collingwood…..we are now a destination club.
Delisted alongside Jackson Callow. Remember everyone was disappointed that the Hawks took him right before our next pick. (We took Aiden Begg).

How'd Callow end up going for Box Hill?

As for Phillips, well he wasn't great for Hawthorn with only 4 games this year. I can almost picture Collingwood taking him back in the rookie draft. I dont think he fills a need on the list though.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Piesnchess wrote:,,Word on the street is, Weideman is coming too us, its a dead certainty.
If its for a late pick, then I'm fine wit that.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Jacob Hopper has also been linked to Collingwood now.

Who will be next to be linked?
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Presti35 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:,,Word on the street is, Weideman is coming too us, its a dead certainty.
If its for a late pick, then I'm fine wit that.
Melbourne would have to give us Weideman and a late pick for us to waste a spot on our list for a VFL calibre player.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Taranto to request a trade to Richmond according to Sam Edmund on SEN.

Screw them and him
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Looks like we may only end up with Hill out of the prizes on offer. Wish we were more of a destination club.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Deja Vu wrote:Taranto to request a trade to Richmond according to Sam Edmund on SEN.

Screw them and him
He's the not the messiah, and they need a lot more than him to re-establish themselves as contenders, huge list holes beginning to appear at Punt Road
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer