Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m imagining a midfield of Taranto, Daicos x2, JDG, Adams, Pendles, Lipinski, Mcrrae… me likey!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Pep wrote:Twitter is a place of constantly evolving information.

And one page Pie Source has provided some updates, make of these what you will. From what i've seen, as i've only had twitter for a few weeks, but they been consistent in their posts...

McStay and Hill are done deals.

Has been very confident for a while now that Taranto is coming to the pies. But money may talk in regards to the Tigs.

Very confident that Grundy is GONE due to a salary dump. Which will open the door for Frampton.
And we wont be getting much if anything in the deal as its a salary dump.

De Goey is a done deal to STAY at the pies.

Pies have tabled a deal for Poulter but he is assessing his options with Port interested in him.

Pies have a deal for Henry but his manager is asking for more money.

The Brown bros will most likely head into the trade period WITHOUT deals.
All of what you say is my information as well. Taranto is touch and go but it wouldn’t surprise me if he goes to Richmond. I hope we can persuade him to come to the Pies.
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Presti35 »

Karl Amon nominated Hawthorn and will sign with them when free agency opens.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Pep wrote:Very confident that Grundy is GONE due to a salary dump. Which will open the door for Frampton.
And we wont be getting much if anything in the deal as its a salary dump
A 6'7" 100kg Key Position Defender, described as a strong, agile athlete who plays with aggression.
A Frampton Full-Back / back-up Ruck option is a reality I could live with.
Can't wait for the banner in the Cheer Squad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Had my usual lunch with a couple Richmond game day staffers today. They have been pretty good in the past with Tigers mail and this is what they’re saying today.
They are very confident they’ve got Taranto across the line, although they are also mindful Kingsley could yet find a way to see the Giants hold onto him.
They reckon the issue with Collingwoods presentation is all in the salary package. The club really can’t give him their best offer right now because there is still so much to play out with Grundy and DeGoey. Tigers have since retired Edwards and Lambert, so the contract on offer is pretty cut and dried and etched in stone for Tarantos future security.
Supposedly Collingwood have asked questions of Collier - Dawkins ( Fly is a fan ) but this shouldn’t be construed as we’re going after him, just a dipping of the toe in the water.
They also mentioned Fly and Hardwick caught up very recently and a fair amount of the conversation was around swapping notes on the Cats.
That’s all I’ve got !
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies2016 wrote:Had my usual lunch with a couple Richmond game day staffers today. They have been pretty good in the past with Tigers mail and this is what they’re saying today.
They are very confident they’ve got Taranto across the line, although they are also mindful Kingsley could yet find a way to see the Giants hold onto him.
They reckon the issue with Collingwoods presentation is all in the salary package. The club really can’t give him their best offer right now because there is still so much to play out with Grundy and DeGoey. Tigers have since retired Edwards and Lambert, so the contract on offer is pretty cut and dried and etched in stone for Tarantos future security.
Supposedly Collingwood have asked questions of Collier - Dawkins ( Fly is a fan ) but this shouldn’t be construed as we’re going after him, just a dipping of the toe in the water.
They also mentioned Fly and Hardwick caught up very recently and a fair amount of the conversation was around swapping notes on the Cats.
That’s all I’ve got !
Great info 2016 much appreciated
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

Pies2016 wrote:Had my usual lunch with a couple Richmond game day staffers today. They have been pretty good in the past with Tigers mail and this is what they’re saying today.
That’s all I’ve got !
Yeah that is interesting, it sounds in the media too as if Tranto has made up his mind. He will either stay with GWS or goto Richmond. Shame as he was the perfect fit for our midfield.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
derkd

Post by derkd »

lazzadesilva wrote:
derkd wrote:Calling it:

2023: De Goey will be at ST.Kilda (best for all parties I feel) we might just force a trade on this, not a bad move...maybe prize the first pick.
Lazza’s call :

2023: De Goey will remain at Collingwood as I honestly cannot see him joining a dumping ground team like St. Kilda. Surely he is not THAT stupid
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

^ What about Hopper then?
derkd

Post by derkd »

Presti35 wrote:^ What about Hopper then?
Cats have been chasing him since the start of the year. Sounds like he is almost a done deal.

Bruan is available, but I haven't seen much of him, and I would prefer the club kept its powder dry for a 'best fit player' might come up next year say.
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

LaurieHolden wrote:
Pep wrote:Very confident that Grundy is GONE due to a salary dump. Which will open the door for Frampton.
A 6'7" 100kg Key Position Defender, described as a strong, agile athlete who plays with aggression.
Look, the description sounds nice, but at 25 he can't get a regular game with the Crows FFS. GW would have to be either insane or possessed of knowledge we mere mortals don't have, to offer him any decent coin.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

If Taranto is out then surely we just keep Grundy
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I just saw Weideman in VFL Deeees, I reckon hed look good in black and white, I have heard from a number of sources, hes definitely coming, and really wants to come too us, now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

^ I'm watching the game now. If he's willing to work very hard and listen to the coaches, he can still be a good player.

We missed one when Essendon got Wright for a pick in the 70's. I dont know if Weide will get to that level, but if we can use a pick that late, then it's worth the shot.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

stui magpie wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
Look, the description sounds nice, but at 25 he can't get a regular game with the Crows FFS. GW would have to be either insane or possessed of knowledge we mere mortals don't have, to offer him any decent coin.
It’s got me tossed. We talk down McStay who is a regular in the Brisbane line-up and we talk up up Frampton who can’t get a regular game in the second bottom team, Adelaide. I’m not saying Frampton wouldn’t be a bad pick up if we lose Grundy, but why are so enthusiastic about Frampton and couldn’t care if McStay comes or goes?