Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^

As an aside, apparently Hill has made a very successful recovery from the cancer. Was back training in the hope of pressing for selection in the final round but ultimately fell short.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Pep

Post by Pep »

Tom Browne reporting that Tigs are ahead of Pies for Taranto.

Taranto is in Melbourne this week to meet both clubs.

Matt Crouch is also mulling over a trade request... Been mentioned before, would help with clearances with his big body, but defending is apparently an issue.

Was listening to SEN the other morning, and they had David Parkin on, he said you need 28 bonafide AFL players to win a premiership.

So some names being mentioned may not sound great at first, but if they fill a role or need, I will trust the club to make the right decisions.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Pep wrote:Tom Browne reporting that Tigs are ahead of Pies for Taranto.

Taranto is in Melbourne this week to meet both clubs.

Matt Crouch is also mulling over a trade request... Been mentioned before, would help with clearances with his big body, but defending is apparently an issue.

Was listening to SEN the other morning, and they had David Parkin on, he said you need 28 bonafide AFL players to win a premiership.

So some names being mentioned may not sound great at first, but if they fill a role or need, I will trust the club to make the right decisions.
Taranto a must, not too many years left in Pendles & Steele
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Pendles could play for a couple more years yet, but we need to get more midfield options so he is just icing on the cake rather than the cake.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

Calling it:

2023: De Goey will be at ST.Kilda (best for all parties I feel) we might just force a trade on this, not a bad move...maybe prize the first pick out of them.

Grundy at Melbourne. we pay 300k odd of his salary, possibly maybe ...get a pick out of them... maybe their first rounder pick 20ish...or a future first might be better. that would be a huge win.....really we are moving Grundy on for the salary space.

Henry; is 50/50.... I think he signs, I think he is waiting to se how finals pans out, does he get more games...etc. If he goes....his value wont be bad...teens pick 10 to 16 ish?
---------------------------------------------------------

IN 2023:

Taranto: I think this is dependent on De Goey going, we need the pick (if we force the trade) to use on him and the cap space to pay him.

Hill : I think we land him, and fairly cheaply, 3rd rounder...something like that....huge upside only 22.

Mcstay: he is done deal, but i think he is why we will force a trade on De Goey.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I can't see us forcing a trade on DeGoey, to do that we'd have to match the offer, likely a Godfather offer from the Saints, and if we match it he'll stay.

better bet is to convince him to stay for less on the contract offered, but if he declines and chases the cash, so be it.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pep

Post by Pep »

Twitter is a place of constantly evolving information.

And one page Pie Source has provided some updates, make of these what you will. From what i've seen, as i've only had twitter for a few weeks, but they been consistent in their posts...

McStay and Hill are done deals.

Has been very confident for a while now that Taranto is coming to the pies. But money may talk in regards to the Tigs.

Very confident that Grundy is GONE due to a salary dump. Which will open the door for Frampton.
And we wont be getting much if anything in the deal as its a salary dump.

De Goey is a done deal to STAY at the pies.

Pies have tabled a deal for Poulter but he is assessing his options with Port interested in him.

Pies have a deal for Henry but his manager is asking for more money.

The Brown bros will most likely head into the trade period WITHOUT deals.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

JDG isn't going anywhere, will be a PIE for life.
Grundy will also stay.

How do I know?

Skidstronamus.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

My mail is there is a offer on the table now for JDG from the club
The sticking points as I understand it is some clauses in regards to behaviour (not unexpected) but JDG brother in law believes they favour the club to heavily
Wright has safeguarded the club (as requested by the board) but has also left room in the contract for JDG to earn his true potential wage
No matter which club he goes to (if he leaves us) there will be clauses built in
No club will offer him top dollar with no safeguards his track record isn’t great
Maynard is central in all this
JDG has been talking deeply with Maynard and been told basically hey mate your in a good position here we love ya and will support ya and help you through any tough times
You won’t find that immediately elsewhere you’ll be starting from scratch earning the love and respect
Maynard has basically told him I’ll keep you out of trouble and you’ll earn ya coin and we will be sharing the spoils of greater success together

Our mail is the McStay deal isn’t a done deal as many are saying
The club were very keen and had indicated they would be interested if he decided to leave lions
That was around May since then then we have cooled somewhat not because we don’t want him but now we are in a far stronger bargaining position given our form and finishing position
Prior we were cap in hand so to speak now we are viewed differently so we won’t be having to pay overs in fact we might get a couple players on unders
The club is now selling the fact how quickly we turned things around and we are only going to get better over time
Also we are selling look what we did for Lipinski career !
If McStay does come if will be on much less than the $600/$650k price tag floated in the media
He hasn’t officially told the Lions he’s leaving either the door isn’t closed for them either
Watch this space for 4 years at $400/$430k if he does arrive
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

$400k is a fair bit for a VFL/Depth player but I can live with it.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

derkd wrote:Calling it:

2023: De Goey will be at ST.Kilda (best for all parties I feel) we might just force a trade on this, not a bad move...maybe prize the first pick.
Lazza’s call :

2023: De Goey will remain at Collingwood as I honestly cannot see him joining a dumping ground team like St. Kilda. Surely he is not THAT stupid
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Watch this space for 4 years at $400/$430k if he does arrive
Meh, not too fussed about McStay. We may be able to prise out a bigger fish.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Watch this space for 4 years at $400/$430k if he does arrive
That’s a pretty good deal for us actually, especially as we will have some serious retirements next couple of years ( Cox).
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

stui magpie wrote:$400k is a fair bit for a VFL/Depth player but I can live with it.
AFL average is $300k, and I doubt they will be chasing him for depth (apologies if I missed any sarcasm in your post...)
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

Out: Grundy
In: Taranto & Hill