#31 Beau McCreery

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Love him - been a big fan sine his draft. so much potential still.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

^ Saw that. Great article. Like his attitude, just quietly I have manlove for our Beau. Liked his comment re Ash Johnson.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I have some man love for him too, but I draw the line at you, he and I in a threesome. Just saying. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

stui magpie wrote:I have some man love for him too, but I draw the line at you, he and I in a threesome. Just saying. :wink:
You say that now..... :lol:
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

It has been a long time since we had such a powerful, and brutal beast in our team, capable of sending spasms of fear down the spine of the opposition.
I agree: McCreery is key in our F50 pressure. When we lift the pressure levels, as we did against Melbourne in that last quarter, to stratospheric levels, McCreery is at the centre of it.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

It was great seeing May go up to Beau after the game and compliment him on the tackle. It was a ripping tackle too. May’s not a weakling so it speaks volumes about Beau’s strength to ping him.
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

I would like to echo the comment about having a bit of man love for Beau.

Is it just me, or does there appear to be a positional shift for Beau in last quarters? He appears to spend more time up the ground pressuring and forcing turnover, where in the first 3/4ers, he stays predominantly in F50.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Bloke was a legend in the SANFL and when I saw his tackles count in fwd 50
as highest in that comp plus highlights of his last finals series in SANFL I was sold on him
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

BazBoy wrote:Bloke was a legend in the SANFL and when I saw his tackles count in fwd 50
as highest in that comp plus highlights of his last finals series in SANFL I was sold on him
Every team needs a hard enforcer....like a Dennis Banks type.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

We'll need McCreery switched on for hopefully a QF against the Handbaggers; we'll want them smashed in tackles over four quarters, I don't care if he doesn't notch up a solitary possession in the process! HULK SMASH!!

oh, and this nugget of physics too...
Geek wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:... as May now knows - McCreery was the fastest player on the ground, reaching a maximum speed of 33.8 km/hr - that would be seriously scary to face.
If you could rig up a full beer keg (85kgs) and release it on a pendulum from half the height of a telephone pole (4.5 metres), then the force it would strike someone at ground level would be similar to being hit by Beau McCreery at top speed.

That would hurt a lot.

Other things that weigh 85kgs: a mountain lion. A baby elephant. A washing machine.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

Below are some stats comparing McCreery with former maligned members of the pressure forward club.
The stats, of course, need to take into account that McCreery is a developing player and that the others did get occasional runs through the centre.
There's nothing particularly impressive about McCreery's stats.
In fact, it looks like he's well behind Nick's all time favourite whipping boy - the Wonthaggi Hobbit.

Can I assume that the refrain of "forwards are supposed to kick goals" that applied to Blair, Thomas and Brown doesn't apply when your tackles look good on the weekly highlights reel?

McCreery: Disposals: 8.9, Tackles: 4.1, Goals: 0.6
Brown: Disposals: 10.6, Tackles: 3.8, Goals: 0.2
Thomas: Disposals: 15.4, Tackles: 2.8, Goals: 0.8
Blair: Disposals: 16.0, Tackles: 4.7, Goals: 0.8
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

My view on that is the stats only tell you the tackles he makes, whereas much of the pressure he applies is in the form of rushing headlong at players, forcing panicked often untidy disposals.

he forces turn overs and frequent brown pants moments in the opposition, something Blairy god bless his furry toes, never could do.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

stui magpie wrote:My view on that is the stats only tell you the tackles he makes, whereas much of the pressure he applies is in the form of rushing headlong at players, forcing panicked often untidy disposals.

he forces turn overs and frequent brown pants moments in the opposition, something Blairy god bless his furry toes, never could do.
Yep, the acts that aren't counted on any stat sheet. I can recall him doing this countless times.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

And how many of the other players tackles stuck?