Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Goldstein?
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:I’m racking my admittedly very small brains who is the 28 year old dual All Australian ruckman we’re apparently getting.
Pretty sure he wears number 4
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

lazzadesilva wrote:Goldstein?
Nah he’s 34. If we offered him five years, he’d be retiring at 39
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I posted this in the wrong thread, but I think it belongs here.

Some/most will no doubt disagree, but given our forward options of Mihocek, Johnson, Elliott, Ginnivan, McCreery, Krueger and possibly McStay, I wonder if there's a spot for the emerging Henry? Footy can be a cruel business, and to be successful, sometimes hard and unpopular decisions are required. Perhaps then, particularly if Henry wants to join his brother at the Cats, we might look at trading him to the Cats and using whatever picks we get for him as part of a deal to get Taranto. I think Henry could become a star, but I also think that Johnson offers even more, making Henry perhaps surplus to our current requirements. Taranto would significantly strengthen our side. Just a thought.
themonk

Post by themonk »

RudeBoy wrote:I posted this in the wrong thread, but I think it belongs here.

Some/most will no doubt disagree, but given our forward options of Mihocek, Johnson, Elliott, Ginnivan, McCreery, Krueger and possibly McStay, I wonder if there's a spot for the emerging Henry? Footy can be a cruel business, and to be successful, sometimes hard and unpopular decisions are required. Perhaps then, particularly if Henry wants to join his brother at the Cats, we might look at trading him to the Cats and using whatever picks we get for him as part of a deal to get Taranto. I think Henry could become a star, but I also think that Johnson offers even more, making Henry perhaps surplus to our current requirements. Taranto would significantly strengthen our side. Just a thought.
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

Tell Grundy to take a 200kpa pay hit or trade him, he must be embarrassed strutting around the club with his current contract.
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Presti35 »

I'm almost convinced that Grundy will be traded and JDG will be re-signed.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Presti35 wrote:I'm almost convinced that Grundy will be traded and JDG will be re-signed.
It appears that way.

Time will tell how this plays out.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Watching tonights Brisbane v St Kilda game and I've been thinking.

Is McStay just a super sized version of Hoskin-Elliott?

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=S&fid2=S

WHE vs McS 2022

13.8 vs 11.8 disposals
4.4 vs 5.7 marks
2.5 vs 2.6 inside 50s
5.0 vs 5.5 contested possessions
9.3 vs 8.3 effective disposals
67.4% vs 70.3% disposal efficiency
2.7 vs 2.2 clangers
82.6 vs 82.2 time on ground %
3.4 vs 5.5 score involvements
237.1 vs 219.7 metres gained
3.0 vs 2.5 turnovers
59.4 vs 62.3 AFL fantasy score
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

I have seen the last couple of brissy games on TV and McStay has done pretty good. Took a few great Klunjs but always made a contest and rucked a bit as well. He may well be used more in defence at the Pies but the versatility is something we are lacking so I think it’s worth the punt to recruit him.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Sorry if this has been asked upthread before, but has McStay indicated he wants to come to COLL?
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

TBH, trading Grundy to me seems close to madness. We know already that he is a great player, and what he is capable of in the new environment is unknown territory. I wouild be striving to keep both JDG and Grundy. I think what we need above all else is another big bodied mid. McStay comes into defence. No one is sure that we now need a power forward, with Ash Johnson, Ollie Henry, Checkers, Cameron now playing in the forward line. What we do need though is a heightened strength in the midfield. To me, that is why there is just no sense in trading Grundy.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

ANNODAM wrote:Sorry if this has been asked upthread before, but has McStay indicated he wants to come to COLL?
McStay is an unrestricted free agent, and as unrestricted free agents can do whatever they want, they do not give indications in public about what they want, but just go ahead and do it when the time is right (which is not before a finals campaign that involves both clubs).
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Presti35 wrote:I'm almost convinced that Grundy will be traded and JDG will be re-signed.
Let's hope so
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Wonka wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:Sorry if this has been asked upthread before, but has McStay indicated he wants to come to COLL?
McStay is an unrestricted free agent, and as unrestricted free agents can do whatever they want, they do not give indications in public about what they want, but just go ahead and do it when the time is right (which is not before a finals campaign that involves both clubs).

Great, thanks for that!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!