Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Damien wrote:Tim Taranto = no thanks
Why's that Damien?
I have the same question? I don’t know about other players from other clubs. Have some say get him and others say don’t bother
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Damien wrote:Tim Taranto = no thanks
He wins clearances and Pendlebury is getting older. Yes please.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

LaurieHolden wrote:Hearing we've secured a 28 year old, 203cm, 108kg dual All-Australian ruckman for the 2023 season, on a 5 year deal.

Looks like good list management, considering Cox will turn 32 early next year, with shrewd followers of the game adamant the fresh recruit will challenge Darcy Cameron for the no.1 ruck spot.
How much is he costing Collingwood per year?
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

someone asked if we would take stevo back:

https://www.theroar.com.au/afl/video/wa ... 2-1216563/
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Sam Weideman, anybody interested yet ??
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

think positive wrote:someone asked if we would take stevo back:

He is so painful to watch. His head is nowhere near in the game. That was under 10s shit last week! So funny!

I would not go near him!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess wrote:Sam Weideman, anybody interested yet ??
Just you I'm afraid.
neil
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

RudeBoy wrote:
It's not allowed. If he was stupid enough he could certainly hand back money to the club, but it wouldn't have any effect on our salary cap. His 7 yr contract has already been included in our salary cap going forward until it comes to an end.
Unless he extends his contract by a couple of years (I think). Its already too long
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

burnsy17 wrote:

He is so painful to watch. His head is nowhere near in the game. That was under 10s shit last week! So funny!

I would not go near him!
Wasn't the only example, got caught with his back to the play a few times.

To me he seems like he may have mental health issues he isn't fully aware of yet, or maybe ADHD, there is something going on there....
Lutts

Post by Lutts »

I can't understand why everyone is so adamant to get rid of Grundy.
One of the best rucks in the league!
And he is already on our list!
So no drafting or trading based on potential.

Yes the Cameron / Cox combo has done well this year, but Cox will be 32 before the season starts next year. And Grundy sh!ts all over Cox in the ruck.
Keep Grundy and I am certain game 1 next year would see Grundy as #1 ruck, Cox as back up.

But if we did, God forbid, get rid of Grundy in preference for Cox, then in 1-2 years everyone will be screaming out for Wrighty to go and find a replacement ruck as Cox too old.

The latest injury a set back, but surely it will mean Grundy will start pre-season as fresh as he has ever been.
Back to AA standard next year.
Manassa is on the 50m, fakes the handball. He's going to shoot for goal, and he's put it through! HE'S PUT IT THROUGH. By golly what an individual effort. Thats got to be the GOAL OF THE CENTURY.
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mattdally »

From Jon Ralph:
"DeGoey has told the Pies he wants to stay. From a list management point of view giving him away for nothing (McStay acquisition neutralises any FA compo) makes no sense when you then have to use multiple picks on Taranto. Bobby Hill and McStay are definitely coming."
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Presti35 »

burnsy17 wrote:

I would not go near him!
That footage is damn awful.

He was a wonderfully talented player.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Lutts wrote:I can't understand why everyone is so adamant to get rid of Grundy.
One of the best rucks in the league!
And he is already on our list!
So no drafting or trading based on potential.
The logic is simple, if flawed.

We signed him to a long term contract, on very good coin, he underperformed during Covid restrictions and then got injured and we went on a winning streak. Plus, after Treloar, we have form in doing a Salary Cap dump so the media drive speculation for clickbait.

He's a very good player. Some people over rate him, some under rate him, but the fact is he's duel all Australian and makes us better when he plays.

My personal opinion is it would be stupid to trade him unless we really got a massive return, but we also need to forward plan.

When you look at the height of the kids coming through now, he's not that tall and won't keep his leap through to the end of his contract, so we need to draft young mobile skyscrapers and gradually transition Brodie to more KPF and/or ruck rover and less centre bounce ruckman
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

I feel more and more like Grundy will leave. Timing on the injury and surgery all seem a little coincidental to me. Rumours just won’t go away.

Could it be: Keep Jordy, make a deal with someone for Grundy? Still be able to get Taranto and McStay? Trade in a 25 year old additional ruck for pick 40-60 as further backup?

I don’t know what I would do - I have no idea - but is this what they are thinking at the club?
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m racking my admittedly very small brains who is the 28 year old dual All Australian ruckman we’re apparently getting.