#31 Beau McCreery

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Was it a prudent thing to say “Go out and hurt people “

Will he be earmarked for some form of sly attention by other clubs
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

pietillidie wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:I loved it when he attacked that north player at full speed and dragged him by the collar over the boundary line! What an amazing tackle!
That was Millane-like! Brutal.
He has great technique - he always seems to be able to make sure that the players head is keep off the ground so he can't be done for a sling tackle
I think therefore I think - I think
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Player of the Week. This is great recognition for his inspirational tackling in that final quarter against North.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

think better wrote: He has great technique - he always seems to be able to make sure that the players head is keep off the ground so he can't be done for a sling tackle
Its actually quite funny. He aggressively lifts opponents in the air from the jumper, spins/rag dolls them around but then literally places them back on the ground :-)

The one he 'craned' over the boundary line in fact probably cost us a free kick. Would've been holding the ball if they remained in play.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Beau’s just doing some extra deadlifts.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Here's highlights of our tackling beast
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Quickly becoming one of my favourite players. The boy has presence
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
David
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

BazBoy wrote:Was it a prudent thing to say “Go out and hurt people “

Will he be earmarked for some form of sly attention by other clubs
Good luck to them if so, because it'll most likely be returned twofold if they pick up the ball in his vicinity.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

McCreery's comment was similar to that of Craig Kelly's back in the day when I remember him saying something like "I just love my job. Getting paid to crash your body into others is a dream".
Lutts

Post by Lutts »

What can I say - got to love the #31 going hard at the opposition. Now I just need him to kick the 'goal of the century' like Manassa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4lCYDQg3SY
Manassa is on the 50m, fakes the handball. He's going to shoot for goal, and he's put it through! HE'S PUT IT THROUGH. By golly what an individual effort. Thats got to be the GOAL OF THE CENTURY.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

BazBoy wrote:Oh and he was asked about a new role for Grundy “He has been working with the forwards group “
That's great news. At the same time, stick it up any clubs showing interest in him.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

When Craig off hand said McCreery as midfield option -we all know he’s got the strength of three men but is that enough

I thought against North he not only put anyone in his path to the sword but showed some good run and carry

So is he ready for midfield or does he have work of a kind to become one
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

^^^ I suspect McCreery could be a good burst option in the midfield but not a permanent fixture. His pressure acts and repeat sprint efforts are not sustainable for longer periods. It's perfect for the forward line when there are enforced breaks, but as I'm sure many of us here on Nicks would like to see, he could bring that same contest to the middle for short periods as well.

It would likely mean more bench time for recovery, but would definitely be worth trying.

He has run through the midfield very occasionally recently and looked really good.

When Beau's about, good things happen.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

lazzadesilva wrote:
stui magpie wrote:That last quarter, he had Norf players looking over their shoulders. The one when he crashed the player, grabbed him by the collar and basically threw him over the boundary one handed was Beau-tiful.
Not totally comparing but the action above reminded me of Millane. Opposition players used to terrified of playing on him.
The psychological advantage one may have over an opponent by their sheer presences alone, is just as effective a weapon as any inflicted physical pain that might follow...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever