#31 Beau McCreery

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

He was the difference in Q4. Can he bring a high level of intensity to all four quarters?
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Well done, lad. We know he's a work in progress, but by definition it's far harder to find someone with an extra gear like that when the team needs them, than to find an average player.

He could end up a brutal shut-down player with another pre-season or two under his belt.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

stui magpie wrote:That last quarter, he had Norf players looking over their shoulders. The one when he crashed the player, grabbed him by the collar and basically threw him over the boundary one handed was Beau-tiful.
Not totally comparing but the action above reminded me of Millane. Opposition players used to terrified of playing on him.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

If he can just find more of the pill his upside is exciting.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

One of the players interviewed post game said that if you asked every AFL player who they would least like to be tackled by, it would be mcCreery. he's fast, he's strong, and he hurts.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

lazzadesilva wrote:
stui magpie wrote:That last quarter, he had Norf players looking over their shoulders. The one when he crashed the player, grabbed him by the collar and basically threw him over the boundary one handed was Beau-tiful.
Not totally comparing but the action above reminded me of Millane. Opposition players used to terrified of playing on him.
I heard that was because of the knife slash scars on him.
Get back on top.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Both he and Carmichael were interviewed by Pie TV in the rooms

When asked how he was tracking “ I’m not too worried about getting touches
Just keep going and hurting people “
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by Jezza »

He's a mental giant. Never gives up and is a tackling machine.

Lots of upside going forward.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

inxs88 wrote:If he can just find more of the pill his upside is exciting.
True.
Got to get the pill son!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He's one player you don't want to make angry. Is becoming an absolute ripper. Our raging bull. 8)
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

I loved it when he attacked that north player at full speed and dragged him by the collar over the boundary line! What an amazing tackle!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

burnsy17 wrote:I loved it when he attacked that north player at full speed and dragged him by the collar over the boundary line! What an amazing tackle!
Channelling this? https://m.facebook.com/NRLonNine/videos ... 508806230/
Woods

Post by Woods »

burnsy17 wrote:I loved it when he attacked that north player at full speed and dragged him by the collar over the boundary line! What an amazing tackle!
After that tackle McCreery's shoulder bangs into an umpire's as they cross paths. I wonder if McCreery might get pinged by the MRO for making contact with an umpire. Not much in it but it is umpire contact nonetheless. Toby Greene was burnt at the stake last year for a similar sin.

FYI: It happens at the 1hr 45min 36sec mark of the match replay video available on the AFL web site: https://www.afl.com.au/video/796200/mat ... MATCH:3948

In the seconds before contact the umprire appears to be be talking to McCreery (criticism of his tackling?). McCreery doesn't respond. The umpire then seems to walk directly into McCreery's path who doesn't alter direction to avoid contact.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

That was Millane-like! Brutal.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm