Post Match. Pies prevail. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Magpietothemax wrote:I thought John Noble was great again today. And it was touching to see his Dad come out on to the field and hug him.
Yep, one of the best moments by far in a fairly forgettable day.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Now Dockers are struggling against St.Kilda
We could end up being equal 4th on games!!!
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:Now Dockers are struggling against St.Kilda
We could end up being equal 4th on games!!!
I’d prefer St Kilda to lose. Realistically they are the only ones that could chuck us out of the finals.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

What'sinaname wrote: Actually, it's not. Introduced this year....

Players who “duck their head prior to being tackled” will be penalised rather than rewarded with a “high-contact” free kick.

The interpretation changes are the first mark on the law book made by new AFL football boss, Brad Scott. The Brisbane premiership hero and former North Melbourne coach makes the rule that has sparked more than a century of debate among players and fans seem very simple when he says: “There are two key elements to holding the ball.”
Listen to Fly's presser tonight where he is asked about a missed free on Ginnivan (about the 10 minute mark). According to Fly, what Ginnivan does is a skill, and not against the AFL rules.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I was just noted that it was the largest margin at 3/4 time that they had to come back from since 1987
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Magpietothemax wrote:I thought John Noble was great again today. And it was touching to see his Dad come out on to the field and hug him.
Totally agree
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Magpietothemax wrote:
What'sinaname wrote: Actually, it's not. Introduced this year....

Players who “duck their head prior to being tackled” will be penalised rather than rewarded with a “high-contact” free kick.

The interpretation changes are the first mark on the law book made by new AFL football boss, Brad Scott. The Brisbane premiership hero and former North Melbourne coach makes the rule that has sparked more than a century of debate among players and fans seem very simple when he says: “There are two key elements to holding the ball.”
Listen to Fly's presser tonight where he is asked about a missed free on Ginnivan (about the 10 minute mark). According to Fly, what Ginnivan does is a skill, and not against the AFL rules.
Yep, ya gota pay those, no question at all.
The media hype has spooked the umpires, it's a disgrace. Sellwood has built a career on it.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Met 1990 premiership hero Denis Banks at a bar in the MCC today was great having a yarn was before the match
Pep

Post by Pep »

The 4 points is all that matters! 7 in a row!!

What a diabolical 3 qtrs. Well, 2 qtrs, the 1st we played okay-ish I thought.

I did say to my brother at the game at 3qtr time, watch us kick 6 goals to none and pinch it! A great end to a miserable game.

We had umpire 25 down our end plucking frees for Roos, most notable was the blocking free against Cox that resulted in a goal... baffling call.

And he didn't call the one where Ginni had his head taken off at the boundary and got pinged for holding the ball. I will say, I would rather Ginni play/snap the ball instead of trying to draw a free kick in that situation.

Those Daicos brothers, Wow!!
Thought Adams battled hard all day, but made some costly turnovers.
D.Cameron, another good game, and showed that he is an important part of our team.
Our back 6 really stood up in the last qtr and actually fought hard all day, 22 shots from 59 inside 50's for the roos (37%) they deserve a good rest.

Oh, and tigs losing after the siren after being 40 points up is the cherry on top lol!!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Hard as a cats head is our Dennis
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Today demonstrated unequivocably how important JDG is to our team. We were monstered at centre clearances for most of the game, until the Kangas midfielders ran out of legs in the last quarter.

Obviously we badly missed Moore in defence too, but I was impressed with Ruscoe. Newbie Carmichael showed some glimpses suggesting he could be a player. Devastated that Adams was concussed in the last minute, meaning he will miss the next one or two games. He was instrumental in our win with his gut busting and pack breaking efforts, particularly in the last quarter.

Throw in Moore, JDG and Grundy and we'd win this game easily.

Nevertheless, our team is displaying great fighting spirit every week. However, they will need to keep it up for a few more weeks if we are to press for a top 4 spot.

I think Lipinski needs to step up after a good year so far, especially now we'll be missing Adams.

The Daicos boys could well become the best brother combination to play the game. It was Josh's best game yet and that sublime goal from brother Nick was priceless. Class will out.

Overall, though I was hoping for a big percentage booster, in the end we did what was needed to win against a team playing their grand final.

Next week will be very hard, with us missing both JDG and Adams from our midfield. Carmichael should be better for the run. Hopefully we get Darcy back in defence. Go Pies!
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by Jezza »

Massive relief.

Credit to North, they played far better than I expected. They dominated us in the middle for three quarters, and their key position players in Larkey and McKay troubled us at both ends of the ground.

Great spirit by the lads to fight back in the final quarter. We were poor for three quarters, but it bodes well for us that we didn't give up and kept ourselves in it when the game could have been lost.

Losing Moore was significant, but our real weakness is in the midfield. We don't have enough inside mids who can win clearances on a frequent basis. Davies-Uniacke was killing us in clearances and giving North's forwards first opportunity in scoring.

The Daicos boys are absolute gems. We're very lucky to have them.

With Adams being concussed, I think now is the time to bring in Fin Macrae. Deserves to be awarded after a solid few weeks in the VFL.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

He was great again today.
And it was great witnessing him hug his father at the end.
Should be up for AA in my opinion.
Came along way for a mid season draft pick to a whipping boy to a well respected player.
Well done son.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Struggling for on ballers for the Adelaide game with Adams jdg out
Thinking Poulter or Fowler for on ball or mccreey.
Need moore to come back.
Thinking of even having Crisp as on ball too.
Pendlebury may have it in him for a couple of weeks as on baller
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

90 nice wrote:Struggling for on ballers for the Adelaide game with Adams jdg out
Thinking Poulter or Fowler for on ball or mccreey.
Need moore to come back.
Thinking of even having Crisp as on ball too.
Pendlebury may have it in him for a couple of weeks as on baller
Fowler?? We don have such a player that I'm aware of. :shock: