Post Match. Pies prevail. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Played s**t for 3 qtrs and the 1 Sided Umpiring

Our Midfield was well beaten for 3 qtrs and at times to not very Clean.

Got the win but looked not that Great Doing it
I am Da Man
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Born to Pie wrote:...Collingwood's memberships might be down in 2023 because we all died of heart attacks in 2022...
New members joining Collingwood must be warned to read the label.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

It's good to get an audit but still get the points. Hopefully the coach uses it
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Howe was officially deceased at one stage after smashing into Murphy. Resurrected himself better than an Easter job and actually played more like a man possessed after it. Absolute guts personified.
Get back on top.
rambler

Post by rambler »

I'd like to see the centre clearance stats for us this year. It seems every week we give free reign to one opposition midfielder .Urbiak today, Touk Miller last week, Clayton Oliver, Cripps. Do we work on this at training or what?
Donny
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

Donny wrote:Collingwood 13.10.88
North 12.9.81

Goals: Cameron 3, Elliott, Ginni, Sidey 2, McCreery, Checkers, N Daics, J Daics 1,

Disposals: J Daics, Adams 28, Elliott, Pendles 23, N Daics 21, Maynard, Howe 20, Noble, Crisp 18, Sidey, Lipinski 15, IQ 14, H-E 13, Cameron 12, Cox 11, Ginni 8, McCreery 6, Murph 9, Ruscoe 8

Tackles: H-E 8, McCreery 7, Adams 6, Crisp 5.

D/E: IQ 93.3%, N Daics 90.5, J Daics 89.3, Sidey 86.7

AFs: Elliott 104, Adams 100, Crisp 95, N Daics, Cameron 88, J Daics 85, Noble 83, Cox 82, H-E 81, Sidey 78,
I'm stats frazzled. Can someone please list all our winning margins for this season ?
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 51 times

Post by warburton lad »

Left when we were 26 points down in the third after Cox kicked a point.

Was impressed by elements of what Carmichael did today- his laser-like kick to Mihocek to set up a goal in the third was all class.

I have little doubt that the game in the wet last week really taxed our legs and North, to their credit, capitalised on our tardy start.

Put Moore, De Goey and Grundy into that side and we win- comfortably.

I cannot imagine a worse display of poor decision-making (or, non-decision making) than I witnessed today. Umpire 34 was caught ball-watching in the first quarter when number 16 threw Ginnivan to the ground 20 out from goal at the Punt Road end.

The two blocking frees against Cox defied any logical or fair interpretation of the Laws of the Game. Both resulted in North goals...

The ladder only lists wins and losses- there is no reference to how ins were achieved. This side is now 11-5. Already has exceeded the expectations of most 'Experts' (especially those ones who loathe and detest our boys.

Floreat Pica

PS: is there any chance that Roughead can un-retire?? A 200cm backman would be mighty handy right about now!
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Born to Pie wrote:In 1990 we played Fitzroy who were bottom of the ladder, and the Lions lead by 19 points at 3/4 time.

GO PIES
Looked this one up as I couldn't remember it; Roy Boys were 9.19 at 3QT!
We were 7.14

Pies kicked 10 in the last quarter to win by heaps
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

What a mindset: the team that refuses to lose.

Sidey couldn't kick that far last year, while Cameron looked surprised to find himself at the highest level of the game.

We know there are weaknesses, but the recruits will come because the ship is turning. Who wouldn't want to play in a team with that sort of mindset under a coach like that?
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

pietillidie wrote:What a mindset: the team that refuses to lose.

Sidey couldn't kick that far last year, while Cameron looked surprised to find himself at the highest level of the game.

We know there are weaknesses, but the recruits will come because the ship is turning. Who wouldn't want to play in a team with that sort of mindset under a coach like that?
agree to all
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Collingwouldn't »

schuey07 wrote:The umpiring was shit as well. I’m all for diversity if you can do the job. If not let’s get the best people for the job.
What's wrong with Carlscum umpires? You should be more inclusive.
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Collingwouldn't »

90 nice wrote:Yep got out of jail big time I actually left mcg at half time could not bear it any longer just found out we won in the comfort of my bed at home
Wouldn't that make you the definition of a faithless wanker? Rule #34 of the Internet: Go Pies!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

For those who missed the telecast.

A player has never lost to a game that his father was coaching. The record is now 10 wins and 1 draw.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
makri

Post by makri »

Today should put an end to the argument of whether or not Daicos should keep the #35.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

What'sinaname wrote:
stoliboy wrote:Those first 3 quarters were an abomination… barely winning a centre clearance or kicking consecutive goals.

But Jesus:
- Ginnivan Rule: All AFL players except Ginnivan shall receive a free kick for having their head taken off. Jason Dunstall loving it.
- Cox Rule: Cox shall not under any circumstances receive a free kick
-
You do know that Ginnivan has received 18 high tackle free this year. The most in the league.
Totally irrelevant stat. I’m sick of umpires umpiring a particular player instead of the team. They should umpire all players fairly and equally. They don’t do this with Ginnivan, pre judging that he drops his knees, even when he takes a low mark that required bent knees. The muppets should umpire with consistency and pay the genuine frees when they are there, irrespective of the player. I cannot fathom how a high tackle or around the head can be be paid to everyone else other than Ginny. That is deplorable umpiring. If the AFL doesn’t act to pull the umpires up, they are as bloody deplorable as the umpires