#31 Beau McCreery

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Woods

Post by Woods »

In the run of play it’s easy to miss many of McCreery’s pressure acts. In a pack of players around a contested ball he will be stationary and just pivot his torso on his hips and slam his shoulder into the back or chest of an opposition player. Bam! And the unsuspecting victim takes a half stagger backwards out of the contest. He will use his hips to similar effect. There’s been a lot of talk in recent seasons that the bump is dead in Aussie Rules. McCreery is a brilliant exponent of how the old hip and shoulder can still be used as a damaging weapon.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Creery is like a teenage gorilla combined with a cheetah.
Get back on top.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

a kid with potential
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Cam wrote:Creery is like a teenage gorilla combined with a cheetah.
That's a hell of an analogy, I'm trying to visualise that and I get Beau running like a Gorilla, hunched over with the front paws just scooping ground.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Cam

Post by Cam »

Then BAM! He hits and sticks.
Get back on top.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

My biggest fear used to be sharks; now it’s getting tackled by McCreery
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Well he was up to his usual tricks today and other stuff as well
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Beau McCreey had another couple of good moments today but he might be lacking the tank required to really dominate a full game. So until that tank is developed, and he might never be able to excel at the endurance running that Sidebottom has, we may have to be content with explosive blasts of power from Beau. Gary Ablett Snr. was of similar size & strength but maybe had a bit more skill than Beau but Beau still has a lot of upside to give us more impact.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

That last quarter, he had Norf players looking over their shoulders. The one when he crashed the player, grabbed him by the collar and basically threw him over the boundary one handed was Beau-tiful.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

Heart warming and team lifting. U beauty!
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

And thought he played a game today doing other stuff around the ground
As well as his trademark Bamo Crasho game
Cam

Post by Cam »

He's gonna be a beauty
Get back on top.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Boot wrote:Beau McCreey had another couple of good moments today but he might be lacking the tank required to really dominate a full game. So until that tank is developed, and he might never be able to excel at the endurance running that Sidebottom has, we may have to be content with explosive blasts of power from Beau. Gary Ablett Snr. was of similar size & strength but maybe had a bit more skill than Beau but Beau still has a lot of upside to give us more impact.
Think you’re a bit harsh on him; he’s just a kid. Give him another preseason or two…..comparing him to Gary Ablett is very high bar to mark him against. He’s a ripper and love his contribution.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Cam wrote:He's gonna be a beauty
I think he already is (loved ur animal comparisons). Tough as.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman