The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

Good post - my only observation is around the compo pick. I don’t think there is much of a sliding scale - the pick itself can only be
-first round
-end of first round
-second round etc…

So if a contract is big enough to be “first round” then your compo pick comes straight after your draft pick and is entirely related to your ladder position. So if we finish last it would be pick 2, finish first and it would be pick 19. An extra hundred k here or there cannot move you up two spots. If one of our players leave and we can get a first round compo pick the location of the pick will be straight after our first pick. If we finish 6 we get pick 13 naturally and would then get pick 14 as the compo. There will likely be father sons (Ashcroft) and could be other compo picks so this then drifts out.

Don’t mind Taranto tho - suggests to me the club are planning for Jordy not be there BUT I would add that there appear to be a bunch of clubs chasing him and would require a trade (maybethe compo pick you get for Jordy leaving if we dont sign McStay)?
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

With Grahame Wright streering the ship there won’t be many (if any) stones left unturned in the effort to add what is needed
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Well, since it’s only a rumour file, here’s my mail and it’s come from Richmond staffers.
Richmond will have cap room ( Cotchin is undecided about 2023, Dusty is an unknown and Lambert will also retire by seasons end ) and they have one of two major targets in their sights - Tim Taranto or Andrew McGrath, with DeGoey as a plan B must watch.
Every one knows the Giants will lose a quality mid at seasons end, however they may yet mitigate the damage by releasing Bruhn to Geelong and getting creative with Taranto in other ways. Supposedly McGrath is a real chance to leave and the general consensus is that would leave Essendon in the box seat to make a play for free agent DeGoey or Taranto with a deal he couldn’t refuse. The Bombers can’t afford to lose McGrath without at least being seen as having replaced him.
There’s no doubt all of Taranto, McGrath, Bruhn and possibly DeGoey are all considering their options but most of the fun won’t start until the first domino falls. ( similar to the ruck merry go round last trade period )
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Jack Riewoltd to the Magpies on a two year deal, interested ?? Another rumour doing the rounds.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
KenH

Post by KenH »

Piesnchess wrote:Jack Riewoltd to the Magpies on a two year deal, interested ?? Another rumour doing the rounds.
Nup, I would hate that!
Cheers big ears
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Does that include we pay for wheelchair maintenance on top of salary??
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

BazBoy wrote:Does that include we pay for wheelchair maintenance on top of salary??
His time is quickly coming to an end. I reckon he will pull up stumps. And for the record - no I dont think he does anything for us.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
think better
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

KenH wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Jack Riewoltd to the Magpies on a two year deal, interested ?? Another rumour doing the rounds.
Nup, I would hate that!
Especially not when we have Ollie Henry who plays a similar sort of role and will be a star
I think therefore I think - I think
Take_a_Screamer

think better wrote:...Especially not when we have Ollie Henry who plays a similar sort of role and will be a star
...is a star
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Take_a_Screamer

Arnold said again and again: "I'll be back".

Not to be outdone, Brodie Grundy said again and again: "I'll be back in 4 weeks"
Ash Johnson...you beauty
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Pies supporters - get your head around Grundy potentially not being in the black and white in 2023.

Mature conversations will be had about exploring the best "Football" situation for Grundy for 2023 and beyond.

He may well stay at Collingwood in 2023 but he'll do so knowing he isn't guaranteed the #1 ruck role OR a position in the side.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

McGrath has now re-signed so potentially that's one less club that might be interested in De Goey if there was any truth in the rumours previously published.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

swoop42 wrote:McGrath has now re-signed so potentially that's one less club that might be interested in De Goey if there was any truth in the rumours previously published.
Cheers Swoop. So that’s one less target available ( for the Tigers in particular ) There’s always the domino effect with these re signings. My immediate thoughts are Collingwood now have a more focussed rival in the pursuit of Tarantos signature and that DeGoey also moves up the order on the Tigers wish list. All supposition of course but I note Damian Barrett is all but convinced Taranto will be at Collingwood next year.
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

Interesting piece in Damian Barrett's "If - Then" on the AFL site regarding Taranto. Go to GWS section.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/798734/if-a ... aroos-then
carn the mighty pies!