#31 Beau McCreery

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

McCreery

Post by inxs88 »

<Split from one of the 83 Jordan De Goey threads - BBMods>

McCreery can't be a tackler alone. 12 possessions, 1 goal a week and fwd pressure are the mins we should accept
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by piffdog »

inxs88 wrote:McCreery can't be a tackler alone. 12 possessions, 1 goal a week and fwd pressure are the mins we should accept
Agree - tackling by itself isn't enough. All 18 players can tackle. I have high hopes for him though. If he could turn into a Lachie Shultz (Freo) type forward averaging 1.5 goals a game that would be great and differentiate him from Ginni who is not really a tackler.

Not sure if this link will capture it - but compares the stats of each player this season on the afl website:

https://www.afl.com.au/stats/compare?pl ... D_I1000860
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
RudeBoy
Been liked: 85 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I see McCreery's future as an on-baller. He's one of our fastest players with genuine hardness which we could do with in the midfield. He'll be our raging bull.
Woods

Post by Woods »

McCreery is the ghost of Levi Greenwood, with added goal sense.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by piffdog »

RudeBoy wrote:I see McCreery's future as an on-baller. He's one of our fastest players with genuine hardness which we could do with in the midfield. He'll be our raging bull.
Not sure if he has the tank
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
joemamone@gmail.com

Post by joemamone@gmail.com »

I would like to see McCreery groomed for an on ball role. He has all the necessary attributes.
Believer
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

players are kicking goals around him BECAUSE of the pressure he creates and not just through tackles.

I can see him develop into other positions on the ground however right now he is desperately needed as a forward playing exactly as he is.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

MJ23 wrote:players are kicking goals around him BECAUSE of the pressure he creates and not just through tackles.

I can see him develop into other positions on the ground however right now he is desperately needed as a forward playing exactly as he is.
Spot on MJ.

I like what he brings to the side. 25 games into it and I reckon he's coming along very nicely. You can see opposition players sphincters working overtime with Beau anywhere near them.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Doubla
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

I think that Beau McCreey has shown glimpses of what he could do with that marvelous burst of speed forward against Melbourne and kick for goal that was marked by one of Elliot or Mihocek ( can't recall) to help seal the game, after receiving the ball on the wing.
Speed and Strength are Beau's main attributes with a healthy goal sense and hopefully once he gains some more confidence that generally comes when players hit ~ 50 games of senior experience then we may see more of this explosive potential.
Has quickly become one of my favorite players with his powerful tackling and forward pressure role playing, but I can understand the frustration of some supporters wanting to see more impact on the scoreboard from him. Hopefully he will have a break-out game over the next few weeks to propel him into a game breaking X-factor for the September action later this year.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

He's the sort of player you need in pressure of finals, indeed.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

His last year in SANFL his toughness & pressure were big in SthAdelaide finals appearance
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

Watched the Melb game again; he was huge. Really like the role he plays.
Dispatches from a foreign land
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Agree with Skids and MJ23, it's not the number of tackles but the pressure. he'll often have 2 or 3 efforts in a contest that may not result in him being credited with a tackle, but they often lead to turnovers as the opposition are frantically trying to get rid of the ball before he crunches them.

he may not register on the official stats much, but I guarantee that within the club they know exactly the value he brings.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.