The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:We are after Hill from GWS?

"AFL trade news: Collingwood tipped to move for GWS Giants forward Bobby Hill - AFL News - Zero Hanger"
https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-trade-ne ... ll-122417/
We made a big play for him last off season and just failed to get deal done
Isn’t he out at moment with illness ?
I know he wants back to Victoria
Born to Pie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Isn’t he out at moment with illness ?
Ref Bobby Hill, currently being treated for testicular cancer
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Fox sports now reporting Pies have an interest in Dockers Griffin Logue.
Now 24 and a bit of a late bloomer after many injuries early in his career. Can play both ends and plays strong and tall at 193cm. Former top ten pick who is at least putting together a very solid year in 2022.
The interest in him makes some sense. I have absolutely no doubt if DeGoey was to move on, we would be super active in the off-season with both cash and draft picks to burn ( especially if McStay doesn’t come to the club )
Who knows, with links to McStay, Hill and now Logue, maybe the DeGoey ship has already sailed.
MC's Mix

Post by MC's Mix »

If DeGoey leaves I think we need to go hard to the draft one more time, then start to pack the gaps in the next couple of years to consolidate the premiership-contending team.
The way things are, I'd say we have 5 or 6 current best-22 that won't be around when we're genuinely ready for a crack at it, and need to fill a bit of talent in.
In saying that, if we can pick up some cheapies (ie for 2nd/3rd round picks) that serve a need, then I'm all for it!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

MC's Mix wrote:If DeGoey leaves I think we need to go hard to the draft one more time, then start to pack the gaps in the next couple of years to consolidate the premiership-contending team.
The way things are, I'd say we have 5 or 6 current best-22 that won't be around when we're genuinely ready for a crack at it, and need to fill a bit of talent in.
In saying that, if we can pick up some cheapies (ie for 2nd/3rd round picks) that serve a need, then I'm all for it!
I don’t disagree with hitting the draft again either. Unfortunately, us Collingwood supporters are an impatient lot, so the cry will be for instant gratification.
I think you will find the club will be very keen to trade in at least one ready to go player aged between 21 -25ish. Clubs are always mindful of age / games balanced list profiles and there’s a real lack of that core age demographic in the current list. What is exciting in 2023 already, is that we already have number of players on our list who have yet to be properly unwrapped as presents ( Carmichael, Dean, Johnson, Krueger and all in early twenties )
Last edited by Pies2016 on Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

MC's Mix wrote:If DeGoey leaves I think we need to go hard to the draft one more time, then start to pack the gaps in the next couple of years to consolidate the premiership-contending team.
I really believe we are kidding ourselves. We might be going ok at present but our list lacks quality and depth. The vfl is looking grim of late and if we lose de goey (worth a top 5 pick) and pendles keeps tapering off with age (equivalent of losing a #1 pick), adding our total lack of quality talls (albeit with Murphy surprising and our ruck stocks looking ok) we could easily still be headed south not north in 2023.

Losing de goey if it happens will hurt unless we replace with like for like.

Our midfield is still a major concern - take de goey and pendles out... crisis time. Must trade for a gun mid.
Buon Giorno
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Big T wrote:
MC's Mix wrote:...Our midfield is still a major concern - take de goey and pendles out... crisis time. Must trade for a gun mid.
Carmichael looks the goods as we have seen in the VFL so far.
With a pre-season next year he could become one of our regular players in the midfield.
Even so, use JDG's to find another midfield gun....and that solves the mids problem.
But we still need a KPF & KPD don't we! At some stage this year Will Kelly needs to come back in for another go.
Ditto for Liam McMahon. Ash and Krueger are yet to show us what they can do.

Today, Magpies by 6 points.
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

Problem is we will get compensation at best in the mid teens ? And that is a lucky dip.
Buon Giorno
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Fogarty will form part of the Grundy trade
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Is Poulter still homesick? There’s a possible piece to a Fogarty trade.
Return of the baldfacts

Post by Return of the baldfacts »

According to John Ralph we are firming as favourites for McStay. Offered 5 years at $600K per year. Come on Wrighty, you can't be serious, blowing $600K a year for an ordinary tall.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:We are after Hill from GWS?

"AFL trade news: Collingwood tipped to move for GWS Giants forward Bobby Hill - AFL News - Zero Hanger"
https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-trade-ne ... ll-122417/
We made a big play for him last off season and just failed to get deal done
Isn’t he out at moment with illness ?
I know he wants back to Victoria
He is from Perth
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Richmond the likely destination for Jordan De Goey
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:Richmond the likely destination for Jordan De Goey
An unsubstantiated rumour?
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Fogarty will form part of the Grundy trade
Only way that would happen is if Collingwood paid 50% of Grundy's contract, Grundy's contract is a millstone around the clubs neck. Otherwise if we want another club to take 80% of Grundy's contract we would get a 3rd rounder for him at best.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.