#11 Daniel McStay

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Presti35 wrote:Lukosius not great on Sunday. But it was his first game back from injury.

Bit of talk about he and Rankine leaving. When looking at Will Brodie, perhaps taking a chance on a Suns reject could pan out.
Both S A clubs would be heavily into them. Rankine’s highlight reel and his U18 championships performance rates as good as anyone who has gone before him. He had a very troubled upbringing, so that’s remained in the back of most clubs minds. Lukosuis was developing ok last year but he looks to have gone backwards in 2022. It looks like they’re both playing to get back home and to be honest, they’re both doing it very well.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

The fact that GCS with all their year-on-year influx of junior talent continue to underperform is a blight on that club and their ability to develop players. We must get in the ears of close to out-of-contract and uncontracted players. Enough's enough with this cesspool club diluting the talent pool and ruining kids' careers.
Est. 2002
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Jack Darling or a couple of years?

Dom Sheed? (I dare him to miss playing for us. I DARE HIM!)
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

We should only be going for players who have 5 good years left.
Buon Giorno
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Presti35 »

Looks injured. Looks bad.

It's an ankle, not a knee.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

This is where we are at with McStay and it’s more list management related than any rumour. Talks with his management had been progressing nicely but Collingwood have a growing concern that DeGoey may be offered a deal from either Saints or Bombers he can’t refuse.
The connection between McStay and DeGoey is that if he was to leave and we were to commit to McStay, then we automatically forfeit our rights to any free agency compensation ( which would be a decent first round pick )
Collingwood are aware McGrath may leave Essendon ( Richmond are right into him ) and Essendon securing DeGoey in return, is the only way they could offset the backlash. As a consequence, Collingwood have really stepped up their efforts to seek clarity from DeGoey as to where he sees his future.
Should DeGoey decide he wants out, then the next decision for Collingwood is to decide which option of either a first round pick OR McStay would better suit their needs.

P S - there is a way around the above and it could potentially unfold that DeGoey finds his way to another club as a trade which is well under his real trade worth. Under those circumstances, McStay could then come to us as a free agent and we would have also secured an unders trade return for DeGoey. Right now, the ball is in DeGoeys court, not the club.
Last edited by Pies2016 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Unless he's capable of also playing as a key defender then forget McStay if he's going to cost us appropriate compensation for de Goey. McStay will be 28 next year and averages less than a goal a game across his career.

To me the de Goey situation should be sorted first and we only look towards McStay if de Goey re-signs or we decide to take a risk and match any free agency offer to force better trade compensation.

If de Goey decides to leave for a bigger pay day then I'd rather we either chase JUH this off season or invest in the draft while waiting to see where the cards fall next year in relation to the contract status of McKay/Curnow.

McStay would want to be one hell of a late bloomer to justify erasing or watering down any compensation for de Goey because right now he's about half as effective as Mihocek.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

McStay family was/is mad Collingwood Supporters
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:McStay family was/is mad Collingwood Supporters
Don’t care. Needs to kick goals
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

McSpray 0.2 tonight and 14 goals from 11 games in 2022
Do people really still think he is the KPF answer for us?
Would be tarred and feather before the bye
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Not super excited about the Mcstay angle, I gotta say. Seems like a c-grader with injury troubles.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/col ... 5avjy.html
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Someone here said that Mcstay has only kicked 11 goals this year.If that’s true I don’t think he’s worth the effort.I think Mihocek and Kreuger,if he can overcome his injuriy problems ,would be a better bet for us.If we’re going to get a key forward,we might as well go for an A grader,not a B grader.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

We don’t need him, especially if it costs us a high pick for losing DeDoofus.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Fogarty at Adelaide would be cheaper and have a higher celling, although he could easily bust as well...would still prefer over a 29 year old with 11 goals for the year
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

I just cannot understand the McStay thing. Why?? I do not want it to be true.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!