The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Roughead has retired effective immediately.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Johnno75 wrote:Roughead has retired effective immediately.
Backs up the rumour that Nathan Kreuger isn't going to be put on the inactive list.

Time will tell on that one as we have until Tuesday the 31st of May to put players onto the inactive list.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

We are after Dan McStay?

Lions up ante for free agent
https://www.afl.com.au/news/772608/lion ... n-bookends
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Jon Ralph reporting Pies have opened contract talks with Darcy Cameron. Deal likely to be at least three seasons.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:Jamarra Ugle-Hagan is signed on until the end of 2024.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/659450/two- ... ugle-hagan
Couldn't see him being cheap either. But you never know.
Get back on top.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Cam wrote:
DeadEyeDidak wrote:Jamarra Ugle-Hagan is signed on until the end of 2024.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/659450/two- ... ugle-hagan
Couldn't see him being cheap either. But you never know.
He kicked six in the VFL the previous weekend and even with both Bruce and Darcy unavailable, the Dogs still chose not to play Ugle Hagen alongside Naughton against the Cats. ( Dogs we’re beaten by 2 goals) It’s been going on all season with him, so while the Dogs would ask for plenty, the counter argument would be how much do want for a good VFL player. There’s definitely something going on but it might also be that Beveridge is closing in on his use by date at the Dogs. That could sort everything out very quickly.
5:11pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by 5:11pm »

Degoey 3 years at less pay than current contract. Likely to walk…
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Jack Ginnivan testing all leaders at club going on on Monday night (allowed as 7 days before Q Bday) but went out again tonight (Tuesday night - not allowed as it is now within 6 days of the game).

No confirmation he was actually drinking on the Tuesday night but is testing their patience with his smart alec behaviour.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I’ve been sitting in this one for a couple weeks
Which Melbourne based coach is in all sorts of strife with massive gambling debts
Rumour has it he has exhausted all his avenues for loans chasing his losses and has approached his club seeking prepayment of his contract to get out of trouble
The club is now investigating how much gambling losses he has incurred and betting on what (not on football matches)
His wife left the family home over a year ago as the debts mounted snd his erratic behaviour become more frequent
Rumour has it he had even approached players for personal loans to cover his losses
Watch this space in coming weeks for it to erupt as one of the bookies owed money has become increasingly angry at being fobbed off and has found out the coach has been gambling heavily with another bookmaker
The bookmaker has also contacted the club seeking funds to cover the losses or he will seek legal recourse to recover his money owed
rambler

Post by rambler »

rambler wrote:
rambler wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:I’ve been sitting in this one for a couple weeks
Which Melbourne based coach is in all sorts of strife with massive gambling debts
Please be Voss, but it's probably Bevo, he's been a grumpy bastard all year
<Snip - write out 300 times "I will not defame people on Nick's". It doesn't matter that it's been "gossipy posts" somewhere else. Thanks, BBMods. >
Sorry guys, got a bit carried away. Lesson learned.
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

There is some talk De Goey will take a mental health break.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

I have heard, not read much..that Collingwood are still making enquiries with Adelaide and Darcy Fogarty management. Anyone else heard this?
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

derkd wrote:I have heard, not read much..that Collingwood are still making enquiries with Adelaide and Darcy Fogarty management. Anyone else heard this?
I haven't heard anything about Darcy Fogarty getting some attention from Collingwood, but I've always thought he could be a good "money ball" chance for Collingwood to pursue.
The trouble is he seems to be very comfortable in Adelaide and doesn't seem to be looking for a move. Adelaide have tried playing him a Key Defender for at least a couple of games this year where I did hear he played a reasonable game but most recently I think he was being played in the Adelaide forward line. After dominating his under age career where he monstered his way through to be a high 1st round pick in his draft year he was always positioned to be heir apparent to Tex Walker. Perhaps still has the potential to be a poor mans Tom Hawkins.
On the down side I had heard his attitude is not ideal and he may be a dickhead.
Certainly plays a position that Collingwood is screaming for someone to fill, but that role still needs to be team oriented and unselfish to be successfully performed. I suspect at Collingwood Fogarty would be competing with Brody Mihocek for the role Mihocek plays so well. Hence they are unlikely to play in the same team. Be interesting to see what Graeme Wright and Derek Hine conjure up in the trade season this year.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Word out of the club, If Jordan wants to play on Sunday he has to speak in the next day or 2.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

We are after Hill from GWS?

"AFL trade news: Collingwood tipped to move for GWS Giants forward Bobby Hill - AFL News - Zero Hanger"
https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-trade-ne ... ll-122417/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️