Post Match. Pies dump Blues. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

What'sinaname wrote:Just watched the last 2 minutes and the Pendles handball from the Silvagni behind is almost a droppable offense. Like, 346 games and you handball from a kick in. What the absolute f..k

And then, yeah, we are very lucky not to give away a high tackle free with a second to go.
True but it evened it up because a free kick for us wasn’t paid a few moments earlier. Just the way the cookie crumbles I guess
Last edited by Lazza on Sun May 29, 2022 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by What'sinaname »

sherrife wrote:Didn't Anthony Rocca miss a grand final for a spoil that was exactly the same as the one Henry copped. And they focus on the last half a hand around the shoulder. F*** off!

Go pies, thrilling win that we 100% deserved. Credit to Lipinski for standing up and slotting important goals when the kids were missing everything.

No, Rocca elbowed Brendan Lade in the face.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

What'sinaname wrote:Just watched the last 2 minutes and the Pendles handball from the Silvagni behind is almost a droppable offense. Like, 346 games and you handball from a kick in. What the absolute f..k

And then, yeah, we are very lucky not to give away a high tackle free with a second to go.
They're shit and we beat them. They shouldn't have been in the game after Henry was punched in the head.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Elliott copped a high infringement late in the last which was ignored. Had that been paid, I think we wouldn't have had the same rush of blood in the last few minutes. He goals, and/or slows the game down.
Umpiring decisions irrelevant to the outcome.
We deserved to win.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Return of the baldfacts

Post by Return of the baldfacts »

Great effort by the boys to hang on. Should of buried them in the second, but missed too many sitters. Finally seeing that Murphy might be a player. Was brilliant in the first half. Josh just keeps getting better.Loving Noble's 1 per canters- had my doubts but he is growing on me. Cox's best game since the elimination against West Coast. Still needs to learn to direct his taps to our players rather than theirs.
Great even performance.
Game was a bonus as l fully expected us to lose both games to Carlton this year. Glad to be wrong. Hopefully I am horribly wrong a second time later this year:)
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Pies4shaw wrote:

They're shit and we beat them. They shouldn't have been in the game after Henry was punched in the head.
They aren't shit.
And we beat them.
That is even better.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

[quote="PyreneesPie"]Footy gods were with us for once (commiserations Jacob Weitering).
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Big T »

Fantastic even if I wish we were tanking to go for a flag quicker.

Really happy for Coxy. Not only today but the last 6 weeks or so dominating vfl and now showing he belongs. Fly take a bow. Hope it continues. Mason is very likeable and a real part of our fabric and u can see the boys love him.

Grundy must be concerned.
Buon Giorno
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Yep, Cox was great today.
Definitely retains his spot next week.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Pies4shaw wrote:

Why diminish our win. The Blues are very good and we beat them.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies2016 »

rambler wrote:Season's mindset went from let's bottom out and get high draft picks to hang on a second we can take on anyone from now on let's give it a fair crack
Todays win and last weeks result is the exact reason why you should never have that “ let’s tank for picks “ mentality. You stand little chance of witnessing a teams true capabilities if you don’t set out to win every game you play. Quite simply, if kids like Begg, MacRae, Poulter and McInnes had played today, then we don’t win. I know which way I prefer to go.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

What'sinaname wrote:
sherrife wrote:Didn't Anthony Rocca miss a grand final for a spoil that was exactly the same as the one Henry copped. And they focus on the last half a hand around the shoulder. F*** off!

Go pies, thrilling win that we 100% deserved. Credit to Lipinski for standing up and slotting important goals when the kids were missing everything.

Might of been Jason Cloke you were thinking of sherrife. I think it may of been a preliminary against Adelaide?
no second chances
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

simon tonna wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Might of been Jason Cloke you were thinking of sherrife. I think it may of been a preliminary against Adelaide?
Nope, Rocca elbowed Lade in 2003 PF. It’s inexcusable, but, considering the result, it wouldn’t have made a difference.

Cloke swung his arm at Tyson Edwards collecting his head.
Last edited by What'sinaname on Sun May 29, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Magpietothemax wrote:Yep, Cox was great today.
Definitely retains his spot next week.
Cox Need's 5 or 6 weeks playing at least half in the ruck.
Then we will be able to judge his true value.
As you know I have just been the only Nickster wanting to keep Cox.
Rapt that he did well today.
But we need a string of games to see how he performs.
Last edited by masoncox on Sun May 29, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

inxs88 wrote:Bets side won the game. For once!
i dont think eddie plays anymore!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!