What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

My youngest is now qualified as a high school teacher!
just got her Master of Teaching, Secondary Education qualification notification!

Yipppppeeeee!!! no more school!!!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

think positive wrote:My youngest is now qualified as a high school teacher!
just got her Master of Teaching, Secondary Education qualification notification!

Fxcept for the teaching in schools for another 40 years.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Well done her.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

ronrat wrote:

Fxcept for the teaching in schools for another 40 years.
Yes but no more exam stress for me!

stui magpie wrote:

Well done her.
Cheers! Very proud of her! She already has offers from the schools she did placement at!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

After hardly seeing the Grandson for so long, suddenly I'm in a glut.

Got a text yesterday from the daughter, she bought a Trampoline online that's just been delivered so now my Saturday afternoon is assembling a Trampoline while a 5 year old fruit fly is buzzing around asking when he can get on. Then this morning, the Grandson has said to her, why don't I have Sunday Dinner at Grandads anymore? That was a pre Covid routine and before my kids moved so far away that it wasn't practical. That he remembers and wants to do it again is really nice.

So now I'm cooking a roast dinner Sunday night for daughter, her partner and the grandson.

Ah well, I can do the gardening here in January.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

nice - dont forget your mum!!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

How could I ?

She's staying home Saturday, her choice, and she gets to prep the veges for me on Sunday. I've tried to explain to her that cutting the vege pieces the same size means they cook evenly but that doesn't sink in for someone raised cooking on a wood stove when all vegetables are cooked to the point of disintegrating. I'll just do some tidy up before cooking.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Congratulations. That's fantastic news! Sorry, I missed your post when you made it.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:

Congratulations. That's fantastic news! Sorry, I missed your post when you made it.
no worries mate, thanks and cheers!!!!
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

Congrats to her.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

That was a task yesterday. Assembling a trampoline must be one one of the shitiest tasks ever, particularly when the instructions seem to have been translated from Hebrew to Cantonese then to English, you have a hyperactive 5 year old fruit fly buzzing constantly around wanting attention and to help and a bloody dog just as hyper and attention seeking.

Anyway, 3 hours later it's standing and useable, just minus safety net. Suffice to say the first few drinks when I got home didn't touch the sides.

So this morning, to back up on unpalatable tasks, knocked over all the Christmas shopping in another 3 hour burst, without murdering anyone.
KenH

Post by KenH »

stui magpie wrote:That was a task yesterday. Assembling a trampoline must be one one of the shitiest tasks ever, particularly when the instructions seem to have been translated from Hebrew to Cantonese then to English, you have a hyperactive 5 year old fruit fly buzzing constantly around wanting attention and to help and a bloody dog just as hyper and attention seeking.

Anyway, 3 hours later it's standing and useable, just minus safety net. Suffice to say the first few drinks when I got home didn't touch the sides.

So this morning, to back up on unpalatable tasks, knocked over all the Christmas shopping in another 3 hour burst, without murdering anyone.
Try doing this on Xmas eve in the heat with biting insects all around you while the kids are inside asleep! Do not recommend ha ha.
Cheers big ears
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^
That seems to be the standard. F no :wink:

Did that 25 years ago. My dad helped, but he was half cut and couldn't follow instructions sober, and mum was supervising which means making a lot of incorrect suggestions. Somehow it got built and everyone lived.
KenH

Post by KenH »

stui magpie wrote:^
That seems to be the standard. F no :wink:

Did that 25 years ago. My dad helped, but he was half cut and couldn't follow instructions sober, and mum was supervising which means making a lot of incorrect suggestions. Somehow it got built and everyone lived.
I did it about 25 years ago as well, i thought that it was bloody hard by myself but i think you had it worse!
Cheers big ears
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:

Congrats to her.
cheers mate, ta!