The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

Cox has been delisted I heard.
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

All the best to Coxy, I’ll never forget that final against Richmond.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

SteveH67 wrote:Cox has been delisted I heard.
Not so sure about that.... Age has an article saying Graham Wright is keen to re sign him.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/mag ... 58zxw.html
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

^^ Might be some semantics depending upon how we re-sign him (ie delist with a commitment to redraft via the rookie draft)
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jackcass wrote:^^ Might be some semantics depending upon how we re-sign him (ie delist with a commitment to redraft via the rookie draft)
Why? I think Cox has outlived his value to Collingwood and the club has grown tired of his extremely inconsistent performances and poor marking.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

You don't bring a lot to an argument on Cox Laz so I'm happy to agree to disagree. :wink:
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

the fuzz wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:Cox has been delisted I heard.
Not so sure about that.... Age has an article saying Graham Wright is keen to re sign him.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/mag ... 58zxw.html
Yeah, what I read earlier today seems to be incorrect.
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

looking at all the dates, it would seem

1/. we need to have a number of unfilled spots on the list in able to use those draft picks for Nick Daicos.

2/. We have brought in 2 players, and only gotten rid of three (or four, if the irish guy was not a rookie)

3/. We have to 'finalise' our list before the draft, so we are going to have to advise some players that they are off the list 'for now', especially as we would have to plan for Daicos going pick #1. These players then become delisted free agents.

4/. At the draft, we can then re-draft Cox etc, assuming they are still available at that time
BBHS
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by BBHS »

GW said on radio this morning that Mason Cox will be retained and they are just figuring out the particulars of his contract with his manager.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

The only way they should retain Cox is on a vastly reduced contract tied to certain outputs relating to targets of number of goals, marks, disposals etc.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

BBHS wrote:GW said on radio this morning that Mason Cox will be retained and they are just figuring out the particulars of his contract with his manager.
Given that no other club seemed too interested in getting their hands onto some big American Cox during the trade period I assume the discussion will go something like:
"You know all that money we've been giving you? Well, now you're going to get a lot less."
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

I'll back in GW's view on Cox.
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Sier has been de-listed
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

My news feed says Josh Thomas has retired just now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

BBHS wrote:GW said on radio this morning that Mason Cox will be retained and they are just figuring out the particulars of his contract with his manager.

Now that Lynch has gone, we sort of have to keep Coxy, for some ruck backup, what if Grundy goes down hurt :? U never know, under our new coach, he might re invigorate himself, pull up his socks, maybe, see what happens. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.