The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

There’s more chance of Eddie and Bucks returning to Collingwood than Jayden. Never going to happen in a million years, and there are people connected to the club who’ll ensure he never comes back.
Presti35
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by Presti35 »

I wonder how everyone would react if it were actually true and Stevo ended up at a third club?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Mr Miyagi wrote:There’s more chance of Eddie and Bucks returning to Collingwood than Jayden. Never going to happen in a million years, and there are people connected to the club who’ll ensure he never comes back.
Without breaking any rules... can you insinuate why he was let go?
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Paul Seedsman looking to return to Victoria. Essendon had a sniff.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Would Seedsman help with the development of our young list by playing alongside them? I can see some real benefit as a short term option because usually this type of role is underrated and understated at a club.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

Magpie Russ wrote: Without breaking any rules... can you insinuate why he was let go?
Wasn't the final straw a prank letting Noble drink what he thought was Gatorade but turned out to be a cup of Stevo's home brew, hint: it had a yellow hue
Moore De Goey
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Macattacks wrote:
Magpie Russ wrote: Without breaking any rules... can you insinuate why he was let go?
Wasn't the final straw a prank letting Noble drink what he thought was Gatorade but turned out to be a cup of Stevo's home brew, hint: it had a yellow hue
I’m not going there again. I still haven’t answered all the messages in my inbox! All I can say is Jayden was lucky Walshy pulled some strings to get a trade with North, because no one wanted him. If it’s true North are now trying to offload him, then he’s the dumbest footballer in the history of dumb footballers.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Macattacks wrote:
I’m not going there again. I still haven’t answered all the messages in my inbox! All I can say is Jayden was lucky Walshy pulled some strings to get a trade with North, because no one wanted him. If it’s true North are now trying to offload him, then he’s the dumbest footballer in the history of dumb footballers.
I guess these things dont get out into mainstream media but how good would it feel if someone big ( not Eddie ) from the media actually came out and defended the decisions Collingwood made to trade JS and even AT.??

Where are all the Collingwood haters who proclaimed it was deplorable that we got rid of JS and yet here we are .....JS broken hip achieved through reckless behaviour, the Noble incident, the gambling incident etc etc etc etc etc.??? Do ya reckon there may have been reasons behind his departure...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How would it feel if at least some of those decisions were actually sound practice and they were made in the light of trying to throw everything at a premiership tilt in 2018 ?? If Collingwood actually tried to throw everything at 2018 and go balls out to wrangle a premiership even if it meant hardship down the track bc of salary cap management then I applaud it 100%!

At least we had a crack!!

There are clubs now as it stands that will be in similar situations as Collingwood financially bc of salary cap pressure, so lets see how that pans out in the media....
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

You know how it goes with Collingwood and the media
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

Magpieazza, like your sentiment but there is really no excuse for the gross mismanagement of our salary cap. The only benefit is the massive cultural change it has forced at the club. Long term that will be tremendous for us.
Buon Giorno
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:You know how it goes with Collingwood and the media
Like how Dees supporters are walking round the tan during lockdown, after winning the flag and nothing is said. If that was Pies supporters, it would be leading news.

Lets face it, people love the demise of Collingwood. They sit back and think their team is on the way to a flag and the Pies are 50 years off. Those people and the media can eat a fat one.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I love the hack media and delusional opposition fans hating Collingwood. Makes winning against their teams all the better. However I also believe in copping shit and giving it back double. Makes the season more enjoyable
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Presti35 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:You know how it goes with Collingwood and the media
Like how Dees supporters are walking round the tan during lockdown, after winning the flag and nothing is said. If that was Pies supporters, it would be leading news.

Lets face it, people love the demise of Collingwood. They sit back and think their team is on the way to a flag and the Pies are 50 years off. Those people and the media can eat a fat one.
Makes winning even more enjoyable! Unfortunately it makes losing ten times worse. Unbelievable how there were over a hundred of them marching around the tan. Imagine if it were us in the GF, the media would have been going nuts about all the parties pies fans would have had. But Dees… nah, no problem even though they caused a big increase in infections.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

Having said that I remember 1990 well, most OPPO fans were happy we beat the bummers
Buon Giorno
Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

magpieazza wrote:
I guess these things dont get out into mainstream media but how good would it feel if someone big ( not Eddie ) from the media actually came out and defended the decisions Collingwood made to trade JS and even AT.??
No pun intended :lol:
Moore De Goey