The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Magpie Russ wrote:At the risk of repeating myself...

Went to a function earlier this year the Buckley was talking generally about connection with the new generation. That he had made real connections with the playing group particularly since 2017. The new generation required a new age approach however, he had only just, barely, made any sort of connection with Sier.

I have heard from a few that he is not lazy. That it has been the odd injury that has stalled his progress. Nevertheless - I agree if the lad has talent and it can be tapped into - then he is worth another year.

Equally - I'd like to see Cox work under McCrae. Who taught him the game. It would be interesting.
At this rate we will delist no one
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Pete 70 wrote:I actually want one year of Sier under the new regime. I’d rather try that than pick 732 in the draft. And we will get bugger all for him in any trade. I know I’m clutching at straws but still seduced by those few weeks in 18
I agree. I want to see how he goes under a new coaching regime as well.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

dalyc wrote:
Macattacks wrote:Brisbane sniffing around Billy according to no one in particular
I love Billy but I don’t think he’ll be part of our next flag. If he wanted to go and if we got the right deal then might be win win
Pretty much impossible to get the right deal for him. He is like a used car...a real gem that you know has plenty of gears, plenty of power left in it, but on the market you can't get anything near what it's worth. Therefore, you keep it in your garage.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

inxs88 wrote:
Macattacks wrote:Sier staying now according to nameless faceless sources
Rumours are the latest picture dictionary has a photo of Sier next to the word "underwhelming".
After the recent High Court decision, wouldn't such an amalgam by the publishers of Pictionary be defamatory?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Magpietothemax wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Macattacks wrote:Sier staying now according to nameless faceless sources
Rumours are the latest picture dictionary has a photo of Sier next to the word "underwhelming".
After the recent High Court decision, wouldn't such an amalgam by the publishers of Pictionary be defamatory?
Defamation? An Alford plea your honour.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Pies2016 wrote:Unfortunately, I’m hearing Dale Tapping is heading to Essendon.
Watch this space.
Thats a big loss now that our Academy head has gone - we are still 1 or two coaches short and if we have invested a lot of effort in Tapping it worries me that we have missed out on a few others.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Went to a function earlier this year the Buckley was talking generally about connection with the new generation. That he had made real connections with the playing group particularly since 2017. The new generation required a new age approach however, he had only just, barely, made any sort of connection with Sier.

I have heard from a few that he is not lazy. That it has been the odd injury that has stalled his progress. Nevertheless - I agree if the lad has talent and it can be tapped into - then he is worth another year.

Equally - I'd like to see Cox work under McCrae. Who taught him the game. It would be interesting.
Players will always blame the previous coach for their lack of form, but it's mostly an illusion that the new coach will suddenly resurrect a guy's career. Also it's disrespectful to Nathan Buckley that he is responsible for the players' lack of form. There are exceptions to the rule. For instance, Clement. Freemantle were playing him out of position. He comes to Collingwood under Malthouse who plays him down back and Clement is a completely reformed player. My guess is if Sier and Cox stay you will get a repeat of their form under McRae that you got under Buckley. I'd prefer to cut our losses now but if there are no takers there's not much you can do about it. If those two play well next year I'm happy to eat my words at the end of the season.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Pies2016 »

MJ23 wrote:
Watch this space.
Thats a big loss now that our Academy head has gone - we are still 1 or two coaches short and if we have invested a lot of effort in Tapping it worries me that we have missed out on a few others.
Damian Carroll is a good operator, so it is a loss but the forty department merry go round has reached new heights this year. Supposedly, some clubs tightened up so much due to Covid impact, a number of them now find themselves with an unlikely surplus nearly two years down the track. All of a sudden, there’s a few ( under performing ) clubs who are now prepared to pay the tax on beefing up their footy depts.
Obviously the Tapping rumour is only speculation right now and I’ve gone a bit gun shy after getting Enright wrong but the Tapping mail is from an AFL development officer, so we will see.
Enright was very close to being at Collingwood. Supposedly, the Enrights will be living up in Melbourne and in the end it was something about their living options and friendship with the Rougheads that made the StKilda position an easier decision for them.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

inxs88 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
inxs88 wrote: Rumours are the latest picture dictionary has a photo of Sier next to the word "underwhelming".
Truth is an absolute defense to defamation.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Pies2016 wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Watch this space.
Damian Carroll is a good operator, so it is a loss but the forty department merry go round has reached new heights this year. Supposedly, some clubs tightened up so much due to Covid impact, a number of them now find themselves with an unlikely surplus nearly two years down the track. All of a sudden, there’s a few ( under performing ) clubs who are now prepared to pay the tax on beefing up their footy depts.
Obviously the Tapping rumour is only speculation right now and I’ve gone a bit gun shy after getting Enright wrong but the Tapping mail is from an AFL development officer, so we will see.
Enright was very close to being at Collingwood. Supposedly, the Enrights will be living up in Melbourne and in the end it was something about their living options and friendship with the Rougheads that made the StKilda position an easier decision for them.
Ive now heard Tapping to Essendon. Damn
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Magpie Russ wrote:Truth is an absolute defense to defamation.
Define "truth" in the legal sense.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Magpie Russ wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:After the recent High Court decision, wouldn't such an amalgam by the publishers of Pictionary be defamatory?
Truth is an absolute defense to defamation.
Look, just plead Insanity; it always works for me.
The gullible magistrates swallow that shit like candy...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Pies2016 »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:

Players will always blame the previous coach for their lack of form, but it's mostly an illusion that the new coach will suddenly resurrect a guy's career. Also it's disrespectful to Nathan Buckley that he is responsible for the players' lack of form. There are exceptions to the rule. For instance, Clement. Freemantle were playing him out of position. He comes to Collingwood under Malthouse who plays him down back and Clement is a completely reformed player. My guess is if Sier and Cox stay you will get a repeat of their form under McRae that you got under Buckley. I'd prefer to cut our losses now but if there are no takers there's not much you can do about it. If those two play well next year I'm happy to eat my words at the end of the season.
The other alternative to a players form fluctuations can be as simple as a different game style. There isn’t a TRUE forward in the competition who doesn’t benefit from quick ball movement, just as there isn’t a defender who doesn’t benefit from the extra player in defence rather than at the contest.
It’s always been too simplistic for people to blame a coach for a players demise and while it always remain as a genuine option, it also remains as only one of many possible factors in a players down turn.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Pies2016 wrote:All of a sudden, there’s a few ( under performing ) clubs who are now prepared to pay the tax on beefing up their footy depts.
Where has it been stated that any club will be surpassing the soft cap?