The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Macattacks

Post by Macattacks »

I think my neighbor is sleeping around
Moore De Goey
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Big T wrote:Trade Moore while we can...
Agree because if it is surgery and they had to take a part of his hammy to repair his knee, that will end his career.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:Its a medical issue which may have health repercussion for the rest of his life.

The priority is often this :

Let the swelling go down and assess
If surgery isn't obvious, allow time for the body to heal itself. Self-healing takes priority over surgery.
If, in time, the body hasn't responded, surgery is considered.

I would like to nip it in the bud too. We sometimes criticise the club, it's not like that.

A 33 yr old may opt for surgery. It's his last year and wants to play out the year.
But Moore is young, It's not even pre-season, it may well be his call to defer surgery and follow doctors advice.
If there is still swelling his knee is rooted. Trade immediately while he may still have some value. Also Langers wanted to decide his own surgery fate and looked what happened to him. How unlucky for us to have 2 potentially career ending knee injuries.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Quincy wrote:
Charlie Oneeye wrote:Its a medical issue which may have health repercussion for the rest of his life.

The priority is often this :

Let the swelling go down and assess
If surgery isn't obvious, allow time for the body to heal itself. Self-healing takes priority over surgery.
If, in time, the body hasn't responded, surgery is considered.

I would like to nip it in the bud too. We sometimes criticise the club, it's not like that.

A 33 yr old may opt for surgery. It's his last year and wants to play out the year.
But Moore is young, It's not even pre-season, it may well be his call to defer surgery and follow doctors advice.
If there is still swelling his knee is rooted. Trade immediately while he may still have some value. Also Langers wanted to decide his own surgery fate and looked what happened to him. How unlucky for us to have 2 potentially career ending knee injuries.
Who's the other one?
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Collingwood incredibly keen on Nathan Kreuger again after going hard for him last season.

Geelong attempting to convince him to stay again after doing the same thing last year with false promises.

My thoughts - I really hope we are persuasive in our pitch in terms of security, 2-3 year deal, and opportunity, both of which I believe we can outsell Geelong on.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

DeadEyeDidak wrote:Collingwood incredibly keen on Nathan Kreuger again after going hard for him last season.

Geelong attempting to convince him to stay again after doing the same thing last year with false promises.

My thoughts - I really hope we are persuasive in our pitch in terms of security, 2-3 year deal, and opportunity, both of which I believe we can outsell Geelong on.
We and Saints are in the running for him if he leaves the Cats.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

I’d be after Brander ahead of Krueger
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Quincy wrote:
DeadEyeDidak wrote:Collingwood incredibly keen on Nathan Kreuger again after going hard for him last season.

We and Saints are in the running for him if he leaves the Cats.
Are we in any position to win a bidding war against these idiots?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Scarlett being chased hard by Carlton as an assistant coach so too Lappin.

Expect 1 if not both of them to be there in 22.
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

The following from David Hately:

"I’ve been reticent to pass comment in public but from position of knowledge, please ignore the media scuttlebutt.

The incumbent board (that will remain) and the Browne ticket (to be revealed soon I believe) are both on the same page. Galbally for some unknown reason is stirring the pot.

Recent discussions between the incumbent board and Jeff Browne have been very fruitful and harmonious to borrow a phrase from the past. Their vision for the future is aligned and they all simply want success for the club.

For those looking for the blood of Korda. It may not come straight away but after a few months when he does a handover of the finances to the new complied board. Korda will walk away in the best interests of the club.

The feedback I've received is the players are extremely pleased with the recent coaching appointments and the new conditioning manager."