The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

slangman
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:The way we’re going we’re assembling the greatest coaching group of any AFL club in the competition. The only thing thing we don’t have is a competitive football team to take to the field next year.
Although we finished 17th, we beat Melbourne comfortably whilst grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory against both Brisbane and Port Power.
All teams that finished in the top 4 at the end of the H&A season.
That from a team who finished 6th last year and had the most tumultuous season in living memory.
I’d say we are in the 6-12 bracket of teams. With a bit of luck, we could make the 8 next year.
- Side By Side -
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

I don’t think we’ll be as bad as everyone is saying.

We still have a pretty good core group and the kids will come on again this year. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we sneak into the finals.

We’ve had 10 years of virtually the same game plan. Let’s see what something new does for these players….
Beware the swooping Magpie.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

jackcass wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:The way we’re going we’re assembling the greatest coaching group of any AFL club in the competition. The only thing thing we don’t have is a competitive football team to take to the field next year.
Actually, the 1 thing we can take from our performances this year is that we are competitive. The trick for 2022 is to turn that competitiveness into W's instead of L's.
100% this, and as burnsey said, ive been saying it all year, we aint that bad, we need belief, we need skill practice, and we need to play as a team, we will play finals next year
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
skaman
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

slangman wrote:
Although we finished 17th, we beat Melbourne comfortably whilst grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory against both Brisbane and Port Power.
All teams that finished in the top 4 at the end of the H&A season.
That from a team who finished 6th last year and had the most tumultuous season in living memory.
I’d say we are in the 6-12 bracket of teams. With a bit of luck, we could make the 8 next year.
totally agree. 17th is not a true reflection of where we are at. Some astute recruiting and MMM2 (Macadonian Marvel Mark 2) (apologies to Josh), will see us in the hunt for bottom 8 with a bit of luck. much easier to climb the ladder, quicker these days.
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

think positive wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Actually, the 1 thing we can take from our performances this year is that we are competitive. The trick for 2022 is to turn that competitiveness into W's instead of L's.
100% this, and as burnsey said, ive been saying it all year, we aint that bad, we need belief, we need skill practice, and we need to play as a team, we will play finals next year
Agree with you all; however we need 4-5 solid list changes with stronger bodied recruits, to get us to 10/11 wins in 2022.
Things won't magically change over the pre-season just because we have a new coaching regime [thank Gawd], and the lighter kids have a 2nd summer in their legs. Oh, and injuries **** too...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
RudeBoy
Been liked: 90 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I thought the whole of Nicks was a rumour file. :roll:
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

Collingwood are leading the race to get Dylan Stephens out of the Swans and back Victoria according to Fox Footy. The media keep saying he (Stephens) is from S.A which he isn't he just played his junior footy there.

Anyway, the problem is that Collingwood is also in the chase for Lapinski, it is very hard to see how we land both. I wonder if we might see another big trade coming out of Collingwood?

Only way i can see us landing Stephens, Lapinski and points for Daicos. Going into deficit for next years draft would be an utter disaster.
Last edited by derkd on Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

MJ23 wrote:^ ^ spot on Lazza
When I was last living in Vic I used to love watching the VFL and kids develop. Reid, Sidey, Beams and Brown among others coming through.

When I first moved to Syd I was watching GWS out at Blacktown the year before they entered the comp. It was great to see kids develop over time.

I dont need a win every week. Id like to see a competitive brand of footy and the kids slowly push out the older players to form the basis of our next crack at finals. Im hoping the talent is there that it will be sooner rather than later but at this stage I cant think of anything more exciting than watching Daicos, Macrae, Reef, Poulter with Degoey, Adams J Daicos create our next elite midfield group with a handfull of others stepping up.
Totally agree MJ23. This stuff about making the finals or not next year is pure guesswork and my take is that footy is not instant coffee and a new coach, assistants and new players will take at least a season to gel together, learn new game plans, strategies, tactics etc. However if they complete this process quicker than I expect them to, I’ll be rapt if they made the finals.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Actually, i would not mind Mumford as ruck Coach, hes one hell of a tough bastard, would put some fire in the belly of Grundy, harden him up, teach him and Lynch etc how to be more harder at it, bigger presence on the field, could be just what Grundy needs.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by Big T »

Build the mids, look at tall kps coming out of contract in 2 yrs, trade when on the rise if Young falls don't come through... could work.
Buon Giorno
DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Heard a rumour we have touched base with Damian 'Monkey' Monkhorst.
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Monkey could shove a cricket bat up Gurndy's arse, dip him in sauce and eat him like a Dagwood Dog.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I’m still hearing Enright will make his way to Collingwood.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Pies2016 wrote:I’m still hearing Enright will make his way to Collingwood.
Can’t be defensive coach.
no second chances