What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

stui magpie wrote:Congrats Saba.

Sort of funny that your first grandchild will be a NSW citizen. :P
If it's a girl....they can call her Gladys
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:Got my letter from work, extending contract for 12 months and a pay rise. :D
Great stuff, good to have some certainty.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Keto week 2. Lost 2-3 kg. Tuesday starts week 3. Spin class this morning and hopefully ride to Frankston tomorrow. I’ve been doing spin classes on the weekend.

With respect to the high fat low carbs regular protein I take food to work & heat it up there. The supermarkets sell cauliflower and cauliflower/broccoli frozen “rice” which is very handy. My goal is to lose 10 -15 kg. I’d lost 13.5 the first time I did it but added about 7-8 in about 15 months.

Now that the youngest has shifted out there is no bread, no home made cakes etc and if it’s not in the house I won’t go out and buy it.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

What'sinaname wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Congrats Saba.

Sort of funny that your first grandchild will be a NSW citizen. :P
If it's a girl....they can call her Gladys
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:Keto week 2. Lost 2-3 kg. Tuesday starts week 3. Spin class this morning and hopefully ride to Frankston tomorrow. I’ve been doing spin classes on the weekend.

With respect to the high fat low carbs regular protein I take food to work & heat it up there. The supermarkets sell cauliflower and cauliflower/broccoli frozen “rice” which is very handy. My goal is to lose 10 -15 kg. I’d lost 13.5 the first time I did it but added about 7-8 in about 15 months.

Now that the youngest has shifted out there is no bread, no home made cakes etc and if it’s not in the house I won’t go out and buy it.
I've managed to keep the weight at about 90kg for the past 9 months. I buy bread and biscuits/cakes for the old girl, I just don't eat them. Or at least only rarely.

I've discovered that you can eat the bad stuff, provided it's the exception
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
KenH

Post by KenH »

Now that the youngest has shifted out there is no bread, no home made cakes etc and if it’s not in the house I won’t go out and buy it.[/quote]

The advantage of being a tightarse! :wink:
Cheers big ears
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

:lol: :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

KenH wrote:Now that the youngest has shifted out there is no bread, no home made cakes etc and if it’s not in the house I won’t go out and buy it.

The advantage of being a tightarse! :wink:[/quote]

I want a tight arse
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:Keto week 2. Lost 2-3 kg. Tuesday starts week 3. Spin class this morning and hopefully ride to Frankston tomorrow. I’ve been doing spin classes on the weekend.

I've managed to keep the weight at about 90kg for the past 9 months. I buy bread and biscuits/cakes for the old girl, I just don't eat them. Or at least only rarely.

I've discovered that you can eat the bad stuff, provided it's the exception
That’s brilliant. I did well for a long time then slowly but surely .....however I’ve still been cycling / walking and kept relatively fit. If it’s still on I’m doing the 210 km “Around the Bay in a day” in October and the Great Vic bike ride in November/December so I’ve sort of got a goal too.

What was that insulin resistance book u referred to a while ago?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

No book, just google it. There's lots of detail about the glycemic index which is all about sugar, google the Insulin Index which takes it to a different level. Stuff that is OK according to the GI is actually not according to the II.

Again, it's about portion size and what you eat.

Once you lose weight, exercise is easier and causes less stress to joints which is really just basic physics so it becomes easier to maintain a healthy weight.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:No book, just google it. There's lots of detail about the glycemic index which is all about sugar, google the Insulin Index which takes it to a different level. Stuff that is OK according to the GI is actually not according to the II.

Again, it's about portion size and what you eat.

Once you lose weight, exercise is easier and causes less stress to joints which is really just basic physics so it becomes easier to maintain a healthy weight.
That’s what I do. Keto is a bit of a generic term but it’s the insulin resistance my GP is in to. I changed GP’s to do this some time ago “LCHF Doctors Down under”. I’m working towards the portion control bit. Last night I had a organic bbq porterhouse ( I used to have 2). I cooked up their home made (low carb) Italian snags to have today but ate ‘em last night :roll: :roll: with steamed veg and salad.

Week 3 on Tuesday I’ll start going harder in terms of portion.
watt price tully

80 Km this morning to Frankston and back. Rode with 2 women who are getting better ( they walked up Olivers Hill).

We stopped for coffee in Frankston & I had a long black with cream. Then left them as I had to get back for work at 14:00 hours.

Love Olivers Hill (going down hill) that is. Got to 62 km’s per hour. Shame it’s over as fast as teenage sex
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Needed a new pair of running shoes. The ones I bought last year still have plenty of sole but I've worn the grip pattern off. Gone A over T once just on damp grass and almost a couple of other times on a bit of slick clay. I never did learn to ice skate.

Depending on the right track, I can jog more now. 5.2km walk this morning in 43 minutes which included a 1.2km jog

Called into the Nike factory outlet at Uni Hill this morning, grabbed a pair of Nike Zoom Pegasus 36. $160 down to $110 and a further 40% off this weekend, got them for $66.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Certainly not a fan of Italy but England losing the Euro final certainly made me smile.
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Yeah, being beaten by the Italian Diving team did bring a slight grin to me as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukFUEI5qz8