What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Whatever
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Got headhunted for my dream job last week and today got offered it. Really rapt to be working for a great organisation and get out of Melbourne which is a big bonus!!!

Will be my first full time job so pretty excited.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Over 13,000 steps today and over 11,500 yesterday while not feeling 100%. Walked through bits of the Streets of South Caulfield, Elsternwick, Brighton, and Gardenvale. (Off work for a few days)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

eddiesmith wrote:Got headhunted for my dream job last week and today got offered it. Really rapt to be working for a great organisation and get out of Melbourne which is a big bonus!!!

Great stuff, well done.

I much prefer when people contact you and ask if you're interested in a job rather than having to apply.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:Over 13,000 steps today and over 11,500 yesterday while not feeling 100%. Walked through bits of the Streets of South Caulfield, Elsternwick, Brighton, and Gardenvale. (Off work for a few days)
Well done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyfRCEBH7E
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

stui magpie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:Got headhunted for my dream job last week and today got offered it. Really rapt to be working for a great organisation and get out of Melbourne which is a big bonus!!!

Great stuff, well done.

I much prefer when people contact you and ask if you're interested in a job rather than having to apply.
Thanks Stui, it was actually on the back of applying for another job a short while ago. I got really good feedback and apparently it got around how well I interviewed and what a good candidate I'd be.

Most importantly I can escape to NSW very easily if Dan gets back into power :wink: :lol:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Good stuff. Base yourself north of the river if at all possible. :wink:
watt price tully

Had another day off work still feeling queasy. So after two days of walking rode to South Frankston and back. Stopped for a coffee at Mordialloc on the way back: about 75 km’s all up. Sat in the sun for a good 15-20 minutes. Then a tailwind home
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

hard day here too - started with a body scrub, then a softening wrap, head massage, shower, hour long body massage, i think i fell asleep, and finished with a facial! junior cooked dinner, every day should be like this!!! bliss!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

think positive wrote:hard day here too - started with a body scrub, then a softening wrap, head massage, shower, hour long body massage, i think i fell asleep, and finished with a facial! junior cooked dinner, every day should be like this!!! bliss!

He he....and before Mother’s Day too
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Good day. Daughter called over for dinner, the lamb roast went well. Fkn yum.

Her partner had her first AZ shot this morning as she's going to be working in hotel quarantine soon, she was feeling a bit off so didn't come.

So nice to actually see the daughter in person and so happy with the person she's becoming. The brains took a while to really kick in but bloody hell they have
think positive

Post by think positive »

Awesome it’s great seeing your kids grow in every way

My eldest had friends at her place last night, she used the pasta machine I got her and cooked dinner for them!! I have no idea how to make pasta! She hasn’t fully moved I. Yet we are still working on It!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

hah,

change the front door locks, that'll give her the hint :P

I'm enjoying a working from home Monday. No meetings today so I've gone casual. I usually put on work clothes as if I was going to the office, at least from the waist up. Today I've gone the tracky dacks, slippers and pullover.
think positive

Post by think positive »

gees i stick to pjss if not trackies!!

oh and i meant working on the house, not trying to get her out!!!!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I don't own any PJ's