Chinese imperialism and future Australian sovereignty

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

This isn’t very difficult ( why is Scotty from Marketing’s Government ratcheting up the war talk)

Throwing the switch to Vaudeville, look over there,

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/fede ... 57nu4.html
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

watt price tully wrote:This isn’t very difficult ( why is Scotty from Marketing’s Government ratcheting up the war talk)

Neville Chamberlain, is that you?

Perhaps we could ask the Chinese for a piece of paper, saying that we are all friends. Then we can just ignore their continued preparations for war.

To think that this is just a recent thing is insane. They have been preparing and the world has done nothing. For our government to ignore that would be a gross breach of their duty to us.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
5 from the wing on debut

No-one wants war. I have 20 and 18 year old sons. That's the last thing I want.

I don't particularly care about Taiwan either. I don't see that we can turn our back on ANZUS though. We need it now more than ever.

When has an Australian politician or military officer said that we are going to attack China? As far as I am aware, they haven't. What has been said is commonsense, that China is preparing for war and that as a result we have to prepare too.

The Chinese have already tested their cyber warfare by hacking into and closing down Australian government departments, including Transport in NSW.

Why bring the Republicans into it? That sounds like an example of WPT's look over there comments. We have just seen a Republican government that did something different from the Obama government - it did not commit troops to a new war, and decided to bring them back home - which, BTW, the Democrats said could not happen, and now they are doing.

I really don't understand your comment about China being preserved for 50 years without incident. Twenty years ago they were an undeveloped nation of rural peasants, primarily riding bicycles for transport. Now, they are an industrial behemoth which is starting to flex its newly acquired muscle and is keen to assert what it believes is its no.1 place in the world.

You say they don't have territorial aspirations - I say that you are just guessing about that and that they may have. China is facing mass migration from much of its food producing areas over coming years due to the "wet bulb" humidity problem. They are colonising the South China Sea and have claimed it.

We have absolutely no idea what China's goal is. Only time will tell us that.
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
5 from the wing on debut

Preparing for war by:
1. Building military bases in the South China Sea;
2. Xi openly stating that China will take Taiwan by force if necessary and their tests of Taiwan's air defence identification zone and response times have become more aggressive;
3. Xi has openly instructed his military to prepare for war;
4. Massively increased investment in the air force and navy;
5. Increase in aggressive rhetoric and threats to the West from the CCP via its state controlled media.

Just to name a few.

Of course that doesn't mean that there will be war, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. Even forgetting about 1939, we were caught with our pants down in 1941. It cannot happen again.
David

Post by David »

watt price tully

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
watt price tully wrote:This isn’t very difficult ( why is Scotty from Marketing’s Government ratcheting up the war talk)

Neville Chamberlain, is that you?

Perhaps we could ask the Chinese for a piece of paper, saying that we are all friends. Then we can just ignore their continued preparations for war.

To think that this is just a recent thing is insane. They have been preparing and the world has done nothing. For our government to ignore that would be a gross breach of their duty to us.
From the sublime to the ridiculous: Joseph McCarthy is that you? I believe I saw some commie bastards under my bed.

No one has said to ignore Chinese buildups
No one has said to ignore Chinese human rights abuses: FFS we couldn’t get enough of China moments ago)
No one has said to ignore Chinese bullying

However refraining from megaphone diplomacy as Scotty from Hillsong didn’t (most especially and foolishly leading the world in shaming China over COVID doesn’t mean appeasement. It is limited thinking in the extreme to see this in such nonsensical binary (either or) terms.

Again, this is not difficult.
Last edited by watt price tully on Wed May 05, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
5 from the wing on debut

It must be difficult for you, because your solution to the problem is to blame Morrison's diplomacy.
5 from the wing on debut

5 from the wing on debut

I should also point out that the increased US presence around Taiwan was in response to Xi's statement that China would take it by force.
David

Post by David »

watt price tully

5 from the wing on debut wrote:It must be difficult for you, because your solution to the problem is to blame Morrison's diplomacy.
This is a basic clear thinking.

An explanation is not a solution (go figure). Scotty from Hillsong stuffed up diplomatically. He contributed to China's economic punishment of Australia

Again this is not difficult.
Last edited by watt price tully on Wed May 05, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watt price tully

5 from the wing on debut

watt price tully wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:It must be difficult for you, because your solution to the problem is to blame Morrison's diplomacy.
This is a basic clear thinking.

An explanation is not a solution (go figure). Scotty from Hillsong stuffed up diplomatically. He contributed to China's economic punishment of Australia

Again this is not difficult.
Great, you agree that your explanation is not a solution.
I knew that you would come around in the end.
It wasn't that difficult, was it?