What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

[quote="eddiesmith"]Had a very lucky escape today that could have been quite expensive!

One of the local roads that changes speed limits every few kms for no reason is regularly patrolled by the hwp. Used to be 70 and VicRoads many years ago suggested it should go back to 70 but too much revenue raising is done there. No one does 60, unless you’re trying to piss off the person behind you.

Anyway cops were back there today, must be back in the blitz as they do a month of blitzing then 6 months of rarely being seen again. Now instead of the obvious spot in an old bus stop they hide in the shadows of someone’s driveway. Came down, saw them too late and slowed down but didn’t brake and went past them at over the limit still and they didn’t move!!!

Great win as i was also outside my 5ks and wasn’t out for one of the 4 permitted reasons so I saved about $2000!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

My favourite on that stretch was one night no one else on the road and someone was doing 50, so broken lines, nothing coming I overtook them, ended up doing 100 side by side with them because they didn’t like being overtaken...

Actually had someone who used to be on this board try dobbing me in to Centrelink once :lol: :lol:
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

eddiesmith wrote:My favourite on that stretch was one night no one else on the road and someone was doing 50, so broken lines, nothing coming I overtook them, ended up doing 100 side by side with them because they didn’t like being overtaken...

Actually had someone who used to be on this board try dobbing me in to Centrelink once :lol: :lol:
I hate pricks like that, I see them on the drive up here, sitting 5km under the limit but speeding up when they get to overtaking lanes. Lucky for me the Redline can go from 100 to 130kmph in the blink of an eye so I'm past before they realise WTF happened. :P :lol: 8)
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Bacon, Lettuce, Egg, Avocado and Tomato toasted sandwich for breakfast with a cup of tea and a small glass of orange juice. Weight staying solid on the 90kg, I can afford to treat myself sometimes. :D
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

^ that’s good, well done.

Rode to Frankston yesterday (a bit tired because I finished work late on Saturday night so only had about 4.5 hours sleep) 86 km in total with Olivers Hill. Rode with a group who were not particularly fast so the riding was easy. Did 63km’s an hour down Olivers Hill
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

[quote="watt price tully"]^ that’s good, well done.

Rode to Frankston yesterday (a bit tired because I finished work late on Saturday night so only had about 4.5 hours sleep) 86 km in total with Olivers Hill. Rode with a group who were not particularly fast so the riding was easy. Did 63km’s an hour down Olivers Hill
think positive

Post by think positive »

daughter starts her new job in a couple of weeks, her very flash laptop has arrived, and today she paid the deposit on her first house!! im buying her a security system for her birthday next week, she will live in it as her primary residence for a year to save the stamp duty. its going to be very strange, but im so proud of her, and she found this house, its still under warranty, a simmonds home, 4 bedrooms across the road from the more expensive by a lot williams landing, its in a great spot!! i confess this kid has knocked my socks off!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Great stuff to her.
watt price tully

[quote="5 from the wing on debut"][quote="watt price tully"]^ that’s good, well done.

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Did a slight re-jig of the home office today.

Using the PC with two monitors worked before, but the current place means I need to use the laptop for more things and it drives me nuts trying to work off a laptop.

I tried to get one of the monitors to do duel function, switching between HDMI 1 and 2 so I could toggle between the PC and Laptop but no dice, it wouldn't recognise it.

So I rigged up a 3rd monitor. I already had the laptop on a stand using a separate wireless mouse and keyboard so now I'm driving a PC and a Laptop, 3 monitors plus the laptop screen, and 2 mouses and keyboards. Lucky I'm amphibious when using a mouse cos sometimes I'm using one in each hand at the same time.

The only thing I keep stuffing up is which keyboard to use for which monitors. I'll start typing, reaslise I'm on the wrong one, swear loudly and adjust. Do that 5-6 times per day.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I’m glad it’s not just me! I grab the wrong mouse! I’m not a laptop fan, and my touch pad has a calculator in the corner, I wish I could block it, drives me nuts
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

[quote="watt price tully"][quote="5 from the wing on debut"][quote="watt price tully"]^ that’s good, well done.

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Quick bit of casual shopping, surprised the hell out of myself. Grabbed a couple of cheap muscle tops, in size large. :shock: :D Any wonder my 2XL's are loose.

also grabbed some exercise shorts in size Medium

Anyone ever looking for compression tights or shorts, the Aldi ones are inexpensive and have a great side pocket perfect size to slip the phone in so you can listen to music using blutooth earbuds or headphones and not have to hold the phone

That plus a beautiful day for the last day of summer
watt price tully

^ thanks might get some

Rode to Frankston with two others. One young woman hadn’t done a 100 km before and while not fast she did it: Well done her for doing that and Olivers Hill: her first time.

Got to 63 km’s/ hour down hill: had to go past a rider who went a bit to close to me then slows down after overtaking
watt price tully

[quote="5 from the wing on debut"][quote="watt price tully"][quote="5 from the wing on debut"][quote="watt price tully"]^ that’s good, well done.