What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:The oldest and her BF arrived from Sidanee and we had them & his two young tackers over for tea. She seems really happy so I’m happy for her. He’s a chippie and a sparky ( his Dad told him to do both) and despite batting out of his league with my Oldest he seems a nice enough bloke. They brought their dog whose staying with us (yes first it was her cats now it’s the gorgeous labradoodle) although Polly is going back with them on Tuesday
I don't think they're going anywhere Tuesday.
Heading back before midnight.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Lucky they’re NSW residents, of it was the other way around Dan would he throwing them into an expensive quarantine instead of letting them isolate at home.
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^
Where they'd probably get infected.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Then they’d be released back to their families whilst still infectious
watt price tully

Youngest starts her new job in the top end of Collins Street in 2 weeks and got an email today that they are giving their graduates a $4,500 pay increase. Lucky her. She’ll be made to earn it but she knows about working hard and is pretty bright. This company pays overs but expects the output.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Sitting in a cafe, waiting for breakfast, looking out over the river at The Peoples Republic of Danistan 200 metres away.

After breakfast I'll go for a walk, check the antique and op shops. Beautiful sunny day, all the shops open,lots of people about, not a mask in sight
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Look out for people carrying Brunetti's cake boxes, Stui. If you see any, run.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Saw plenty of what look tourists, potentially a few asylum seekers who escaped Danistan, none carrying cake boxes fortunately :P
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Let's hope it stays that way. But, if you do see anyone with a Brunetti's amareno tart, take it off them and take the risk, anyway. Some things are worth COVID.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Do you mean Amarena tart? I'd prefer a Key Lime pie personally.

Anyway I'm sunburned and sore but happy. Spent the arvo mowing lawns, weather up here has been unusually mild and wet, La Nina having her impact, but that meant the grass was high and thick. Took 3 1/2 hours to do, the final bit one 6 inch strip at a time .

Clear blue 27 degrees. Beautiful. That's done so I can just do some weeding and tidying tomorrow before back to work Monday. My clients in Ballarat will be pissed off, they thought they'd be spared from any lockdown
watt price tully

I had a low fat Brunetti’s spaghetti with pork sausage and broccolini and coffee last Tuesday: The police used to get free coffee with a gold coin donation for the staff ( when I worked on PACER)
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Low fat?

People don't get fat eating fat, they get fat eating sugar and starchy carbs that are easily converted to sugar and therefore fat.

Next time have the high fat sauce and skip the pasta 8)
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Pies4shaw wrote:Let's hope it stays that way. But, if you do see anyone with a Brunetti's amareno tart, take it off them and take the risk, anyway. Some things are worth COVID.
There are thousands of tarts where I live. But only 3 flavours, Thai. Laotian and Cambodians. There may be some western varieties in nthe backpacker areas and Phuket but I avoid them like the Covid.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
watt price tully

Our tomato crop is bumper crop this year with about 5 - 6 different varieties. Homegrown cucumber, zucchini and eggs are great. The garden is a treat. Well done especially to Mrs WPT.
watt price tully

I've been riding to work and back every day this week. Anyone need some lactic acid as my thighs are burning. Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and today. 36 km rounf trip through the CBD. 48 minutes to owrk and 48 back. my PB is 45 mintes with traffic & I was flying at least I feel i was. Carrying a backpack with my change c;lothes and cotnainers with food is a pain but more than made up with the lack of trafic.

Tomorrow I'm doing a double overtime shift 09:30 - 22:30 (13 hour day) so dpends how I wake up whether I ride or not. I'll only get 1 day off before another 4 on then 2 off. Gearing up for a months break after the first week of March