What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Was great to be back up in Toc for the weekend, worked from there yesterday (fvck it was hot) came back to Melbourne this morning, grabbed a leg of lamb and some veges from Coles gonna cook the old girl a lamb roast for dinner. :D

It was great to see some campers back up there, no where near as many as usual, probably 30% of those who had to pack up and run on New Years Eve had come back.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Just had 3 days off
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

nice enjoy, you going any where??? well if you can!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Iconic Australian brands, back in Australian hands.

https://www.begadistrictnews.com.au/sto ... 2m7dg2F7lY
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:nice enjoy, you going any where??? well if you can!!
Hi, going to Adelaide for a few days, probably the disease ridden Sidanee to see my oldest, her BF and friends and go for a swim in a surf beach
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Took mum to the local RSL for dinner for her Birthday with daughter and her partner. Daughter is coming over tomorrow but partner has to work so they suggested dinner tonight.

Good night, good company, good tucker. I judge a kitchen on their ability to deliver a rare steak, this was spot on and everyone thought their tucker was great.

It was moments like these that I sold mum on moving to Melbourne from the bush where she'd lived her whole life, being able to spend time with her family.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Backed up today, up early for some shopping, sandwich platter from costco, mini hotdogs (savs and dinner rolls) plus some nibbles. Daughter on time, son arrives fashionable late with the whole fambly for the first time. Been trying to get her over for months, got sick of the excuses and told the son if she doesn't want to come, that's fine, fvck her, leave her at home and you come without her. nek Minnit 8)

Utterly trashed but the old girl loved the day. Had the Grandson who in the old days would have been described as hyperactive, another 5 year old boy with some degree of autism or something and a 3 year old female baby bulldozer all yelling "Grandad" at me from different parts of the yard.

Got her a Black Forest Cake for a birthday cake so everyone could sing happy birthday to her. That's the diet completely stuffed for 1 day, I ate stuff I hadn't eaten for months. Ah well, 1 day, it was worth it.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Am I the only one happy around here?

Needed some new work shoes so ducked over to Uni Hill, picked up a pair of tan Wild Rhino boots and matchig belt. Very scmick, then over to Myers Norfland

My work shirts feel loose so I went in and tried on a few different sizes. I've dropped 2 shirt sizes, from 44 to 42. (technically 3 sizes because the 41 fit but the 42 had more shoulder room.) 40% off so grabbed 3. Love the Van Heussen as you can get 3 different sleeve lengths for each neck size.

Then I went and had an open steak sandwich with chips and a chocolate milkshake to celebrate. :P
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

The rest of us are in more or less unrelenting misery, punctuated by brief, very occasional bouts of screaming happiness that just make the down times seem worse by comparison, since you ask! :lol:

Glad that things are going well with the fitness.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Nice Stui, I also bought 3 new shirts from Van Huesen this week but I went up 3 sizes
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Lockdown did that, of course, eddiesmith. Dan's fault.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

[quote="eddiesmith"]Nice Stui, I also bought 3 new shirts from Van Huesen this week but I went up 3 sizes
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Pies4shaw wrote:Lockdown did that, of course, eddiesmith. Dan's fault.
100%! I’d normally umpire 50-60 games of footy a year along with weekly training sessions, replace that with 6 months of stuck at home and 4 months of only allowed outside for an hour, then yes.

In every other state in Australia they got a footy season...
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

[quote="stui magpie"][quote="eddiesmith"]Nice Stui, I also bought 3 new shirts from Van Huesen this week but I went up 3 sizes
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Well junior is recovering from the shock and we are ready to fight for her friend, and my eldest, well, she shocked shit out of me with her work ethic, form the day she left uni, or late afternoon school as we called it! 4.5 years, she has won awards, and got a couple of pay rises, but her company was bought out by a chinese company late last year, and she survived 11 rounds of retrenchment, and then they said no pay rises this year. so she started job hunting, she gave notice today, she scored 2 really good job offers, took the one in a company with fantastic reviews, both by personnel and consumers. So no longer a grad, she is a software engineer, and will be working on new applications and problem solving, the joint looks like the google offices, well almost, although she will be working from home due to covid. the CEO called her from the US, and he just said when can you start? so they are sending her a brand new modified apple mac, she gave notice today, and she scored a $20k payrise!! it was almost the perfect day, her offer on a house was going to be accepted this morning, but the people lost their jobs over the weekend so they cant upgrade. thats ok, we will find another one!! go kid, so bloody proud of her, she deserves it!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!