What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

think positive wrote:nice to see everyone working out - ok truth is nice to see im not the only covid puddin! Man the last year, with an ankle full of smashed ligaments, 6 weeks in a boot, 2 broken fingers, a frozen shoulder and now a sore hit, im like an old woman! so i did some googling, and im pushing through, im sore as hell, but i already feel fitter, and the horrible horrible belly pouch is almost gone! im doing my old weight routine but with lighter weights, walking walking, using the stairclimber and cross trainer, i even swam in the pool and it wasnt 35 degrees! I just cant $$%^%%$ stand feeling out of shape, out of breath! so good on you guys, cheers
That’s great TP, well done.
It’s a great photo
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

think positive wrote:I think this was on the news? He was very young and tied himself to a gun as his ship was going down, saving many many lives?

And how are you feeling after your blackouts. What was the cause, do you know? Cheers
Teddy was the subject of the Johm Williamson song "Forever 18 He is the only non officer except Charles Choules to have a RAN ship named after him.

Still have to have blood tests to see if they know wgat it is. hope it is not kidney as I only have one,

Well done TP on your happy snap
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:I entered three photos into the Australian Photographer of the year awards, first competition I have entered, (why start small!!) And I got an email today that my photo 'Solitude" of my friend next to Altona Pier during lockdown (its in the photography thread, I took it the first day I took my new camera out!) has made it to the first shortlist in the Landscape category, so thats in the top 75 landscape photos submitted, which means it will receive, at minimum, a commendation!! To say im stoked is an understatement, I cried!!! Go Me! The final judging is in january, but I dont need to win, im $$%^%%$ ecstatic! cheers!
Hey, great stuff, well done you.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
KenH

Post by KenH »

Awesome TP, well deserved!
Cheers big ears
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

thanks guys, much appreciated xxx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:thanks Mate, i am so happy! i was gobsmacked, i didnt see it coming!! but yeah, wow just WOW!!!
So you have the photos then :shock: :wink:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:thanks Mate, i am so happy! i was gobsmacked, i didnt see it coming!! but yeah, wow just WOW!!!
So you have the photos then :shock: :wink:
oh i have ALL the photos

dont make me use em!!!
djh
Has liked: 1 time

Post by djh »

Congratulations think positive. You should be very proud indeed.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Congratulations tp, well done
think positive

Post by think positive »

Cheers thanks guys I’m still on cloud 9! Xxx
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Well done Jo.

So I didn't get that job I interviewed for last week but got a call yesterday and have something else in the pipline.

Morning walk yesterday found a kids 16" bicycle turfed on the naturestrip. No seat or handgrips and 1 pedal missing but otherwise in great shape, just needs a bit of love. So I carried it home to give it some. These things sell for near $300 new and $150+ used on Ebay.

This morning, found another 3 bicycles which I went back to collect with the ute. a Giant mountain bike that's been stripped of gears and brakes but everything else is great, another mountain bike and a girls 16".

Couple of projects there to work on and now the trash and treasure markets are opening, soucing parts will be cheap. :D
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Thanks Stu, shame about the job, maybe you will be doing a 3.14 and starting your own op shop business, his is thriving, but promise me, you won’t do the Flouro bike gear look!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Hah,

i won't be riding them, just fixing them up and if I ever put the lycra cycling gear on I'd need some boots so I could kick my own arse. :wink:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Sausage Sizzles back at Bunnings from this weekend. :D

Sausage in white bread with tomato sauce, might as well eat a Mars bar but damn they taste good.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Well done on the photography, TP. That's fantastic news.