What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Spin Class last night: really worked hard, pushing it for 45 minutes, more sweat than a Sauna of fat Texan businessmen.

A bit sore today.

Booked a fit combo class for tonight:

Strength, cardio, flexibility on the go for 45 mins
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Any weight you lose, someone else can have, I don't want it.

You must also have my old mirror :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:Any weight you lose, someone else can have, I don't want it.

You must also have my old mirror :P
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Everything's coming up Milhouse :D

Beautiful weather, doing between 4 and 5km each morning then some kettle bell exercises on the back lawn

Sparky around yesterday, installed the new ceiling fan light in the lounge

Another bloke came round this morning with the bracket i needed to wall mount the old clothes dryer and i hung it up this arvo after quickly painting the wall,

Job interview via Zoom this morning, Samsung Tablet worked a treat and used bugger all mobile data,. Got a good feeling, touch wood

Plumber called round, got to source a washing machine conversion tap for me so i can connect the washing machine,

Finally the local refrigeration guy called around, we had a chat about options and he's set to do the work for me in the next couple of weeks. I showed him where i keep the spare key so I wont need to be here.

Kicking back with a beer in the back yard, taking the old girl out for dinner tonight, no masks required

:D
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

wow, expensive day, hopefully the job pans out for you, enjoy dinner xx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Not necessarily expensive.

The bracket was $40, considering her had to source it and he delivered it in person, sparky will be a few limes.

Fixing the aircon is going to be a bit over $3k. That's to replace the split system in the loungeroom with a bigger one and put the old one in my bedroom pointing through the door and up the hall. Didn't ask for a written quote, rang a bloke I'd used before, asked to come round for a chat when he had 10. He came round yesterday, we walked through the house, discussed the problems and options, agreed on an option and shook hands on a price.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:Everything's coming up Milhouse :D

Beautiful weather, doing between 4 and 5km each morning then some kettle bell exercises on the back lawn

Job interview via Zoom this morning, Samsung Tablet worked a treat and used bugger all mobile data,. Got a good feeling, touch wood

:D
Sounds like a productive time.
Good luck with the job
watt price tully

On Saturday morning I did spin class at 08:00 followed by group circuit / step class for another 45 mins. I was tired at work yesterday for my 14:00 start time. Sweat was pouring off. My thighs are burning after spin and in step class we did leaning against a wall with knees at 90 degrees with a weight on your lap: wow hadn’t done that for more than 30 years ( when I used to similar in Judo / Jui Jutsum training and Iyengar Yoga classes)
think positive

Post by think positive »

nice to see everyone working out - ok truth is nice to see im not the only covid puddin! Man the last year, with an ankle full of smashed ligaments, 6 weeks in a boot, 2 broken fingers, a frozen shoulder and now a sore hit, im like an old woman! so i did some googling, and im pushing through, im sore as hell, but i already feel fitter, and the horrible horrible belly pouch is almost gone! im doing my old weight routine but with lighter weights, walking walking, using the stairclimber and cross trainer, i even swam in the pool and it wasnt 35 degrees! I just cant damn stand feeling out of shape, out of breath! so good on you guys, cheers
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

A casual mate of mine, a Carlscum man, passed away a few months ago. Today his uncle Ted Sheean was posthumously given a VC about 74 teaes too late. Fred tetured from the AEO in Melbourne early last year and spent his time fighting for Uncle Ted and as treasurer of the Latrobe bowling club.. always smiled even if the scum got smashed. He would have been chuffed that justice was done,
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I think this was on the news? He was very young and tied himself to a gun as his ship was going down, saving many many lives?

And how are you feeling after your blackouts. What was the cause, do you know? Cheers
think positive

Post by think positive »

I entered three photos into the Australian Photographer of the year awards, first competition I have entered, (why start small!!) And I got an email today that my photo 'Solitude" of my friend next to Altona Pier during lockdown (its in the photography thread, I took it the first day I took my new camera out!) has made it to the first shortlist in the Landscape category, so thats in the top 75 landscape photos submitted, which means it will receive, at minimum, a commendation!! To say im stoked is an understatement, I cried!!! Go Me! The final judging is in january, but I dont need to win, im damn ecstatic! cheers!
Last edited by think positive on Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watt price tully

think positive wrote:I entered three photos into the Australian Photographer of the year awards, first competition I have entered, (why start small!!) And I got an email today that my photo 'Solitude" of my friend next to Altona Pier during lockdown (its in the photography thread, I took it the first day I took my new camera out!) has made it to the first shortlist in the Landscape category, so thats in the top 75 landscape photos submitted, which means it will receive, at minimum, a commendation!! To say im stoked is an understatement, I cried!!! Go Me! I dont need to win, im $$%^%%$ ecstatic! cheers!
That’s brilliant TP. Well done you
think positive

Post by think positive »

thanks Mate, i am so happy! i was gobsmacked, i didnt see it coming!! but yeah, wow just WOW!!!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

Wonderful news, Jo. Well deserved!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange