Big Willy performances

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

bokka

Big Willy performances

Post by bokka »

"The Seagulls broke through for their first win of the season on the back of Collingwood squad players Andrew Williams (30 possessions and two goals), Luke Mullins (30 dispos-als), David King and Mark McGough (both 21 disposals), Ben Kinnear (18 possessions and nine marks) and full-forward Marcus Baldwin, who booted six goals."

- http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 95,00.html

Surely they have to promote Willliams, Mullins and Kinnear considering the seniors situation, and have a close look at the other 2 as well (king and McG).
This looks like being a big opportunity and crossroads for Kinnear - if he doesn't produce now and silence the knockers, it might be a long stretch in Willi wilderness. But as I said before I'd give him 3 consecutive senior games to get up to AFL speed before giving up on him. Interesting to see where they play him, ie back or forward.
Canberra

Post by Canberra »

Gee bokka,when I saw that header I thought I'd copped a John Holmes fan site. Dale61 has posted individual summaries of the Collingwood listed players and rookies in the Williamstown forum.
Do not adjust your mind. The fault is in reality.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Canberra, there are still quite a few members who don't look beyond GD, which could explain why posts like this appear here.

8.5 times out of 10, I get asked questions like 'How did so-and-so play?' (especially AFTER I've posted a match report/player review).

This topic should either be locked, or redirected to 'The Williamstown Factor'.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Daks

Post by Daks »

HA!. Big Willy! :lol:
Yobbo^LuKa

Post by Yobbo^LuKa »

I reckon they were bloody lucky to win and should be appalled at their finish of the game. If the game went for another 5 minutes they would have lost. To only win by 10 points after holding a lead like they did is a pretty bad sign in any sport.
Tradition? Pfft you call merging with Fitzroy and cheatin to 3 flags Tradition? Winning 4 flags in a row is history, which makes tradition!
chalky

Post by chalky »

Was it me or did anybody else see the Cloke incident? Commentators on TV seemed to suggest the he collided with Piciaones?? shoulder. I saw this guys elbow swing around while he was on the ground with Cloke the obvious target. Cloke was no doubt stung in the first collision but I reckon it was the swinging elbow that knocked him out. Comments from anyone there please