Round 2 - Unfurl the Premiership Flag - 10/04/04

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dale61

Round 2 - Unfurl the Premiership Flag - 10/04/04

Post by Dale61 »

The Seagulls are set to bounce back from their round 1 defeat as they take on the Box Hill Hawks in a repeat of last years Grand Final. The match will feature the unfurling of the seniors and reserves premiership flags.

Due to the ABC's live telecast of the game, the senior match will start at the earlier time of 1:10pm, with the reserves due to kick off at 10:10am.

The senior and reserves flags will be unveiled at approximately 12:50pm, with the senior flag to be unfurled by Nicola Roxon - Federal Member for Gellibrand, with the reserves to be unfurled by Hobson's Bay Councillors Angela Altair and Peter Hemphill.

The Match Day President's Luncheon will feature Collingwood Assistant Coach and former West Coast Champion Guy McKenna as the guest speaker. Book in for the luncheon and receive a 2-course meal and complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks from 11:15am - 1:00pm. Cost is $35.00 per head and bookings can be made with Brendan or Marc on 93900611.

http://williamstown.footballvictoria.co ... leid=27731
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Team for Round 2.

Post by Dale61 »

B: King ~ West ~ Cranage
HB: Maxwell ~ Crow ~ H. Shaw
C: Rippon ~ Lloyd ~ Williams
HF: Jarrad ~ Kinnear ~ Mullins
F: Cloke ~ Baldwin ~ B. Shaw
R: McKee ~ Shackleton ~ McGough
Inter: Dukes ~ Knight ~ McArdle ~ Proctor
Ralph ~ Sheehan ~ Theodore ~ Walker
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Reserves Scores:
Will: 3.2.20 ~ 7.8.50 ~ 9.10.64 ~ 13.12.90
BH: 1.4.10 ~ 1.7.13 ~ 5.12.42 ~ 6.15.51

Goals: Morrison 3, Dukes 3, McArdle 2, Gowers, LaVerde, Cape, Butler, Neeson.
(My) Best: Theodore, Dukes, Uhi, Lawry, Fanning, Butler.
(Official) Best: McArdle Dukes Fanning Lawry Theodore Ramsay.

Seniors scores:
Will: 1.7.13 ~ 7.9.51 ~ 12.9.81 ~ 14.9.93
BH: 3.3.21 ~ 4.6.30 ~ 7.11.53 ~ 11.17.83

Goals: Baldwin 6, Williams 2, McKee 2, Jarrad, Proctor, Mullins, Crow.
(My) Best: Baldwin, Williams, West, McKee, Cranage, Mullins, Maxwell.
(Official) Best: Jarrad, Williams, Mullins, Baldwin, King, Sheehan.

I could be wrong, but I think Willo may have got the ABC-TV Man Of The Match as Ross Booth made a bee-line for him straight after the game.
Last edited by Dale61 on Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Reserves game pics
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Tess, Jimmy played well but lost marks for letting the aggro get the better of him. He gave away several free kicks after getting caught retaliating.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Pics from todays senior game.

These aren't in sequential order, so my apologies. I've had a good, hard look at myself and have vowed to never let it happen again.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Jimmy is his nickname at the club, so maybe his friends might now how it came about.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

More pics from todays game, and once again, they are out of order, but this time it is due to a server fault. This is something I'm getting used to.
Last edited by Dale61 on Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

More pics from todays game, and still in sequential order.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

The last of the pics from today. (If the server accepts them)
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Canberra

Post by Canberra »

Great stuff as usual Big D. Is there any chance that you could give us an individual summary on the Collingwood listed players and rookies? Also,did Zane Leonard play with the reserves today?
Do not adjust your mind. The fault is in reality.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Player summary for Round 2:

Reserves:

Billy Morrison; Improved on last weeks effort. Worked harder to get possession and topped his day off with three goals.

Brent Hall; Didn't play. Couldn't get a reason why from those I asked.

Julian Rowe; Not as many touches as last week, but was effective. Kicking not as precise as previous weeks.

David Fanning; Has the making of a great tap ruckman. Still seems to have the basketball 'mentally', ie, struggles when he has to move laterally. Was difficult to counter when he dropped back in defence, where he got a lot of possessions.

Seniors:

Andrew Williams; Apparently, was BOG. Was intense with his attack at the ball and at the opposition players. Crumbed the packs when needed, and always made a contest. Could get a recall for the match against Freo.

Steve McKee; Started at CHF, but when Cam went down, was used in the ruck. Kicked two opportunistic goals, the first a left foot snap whilst on the run. Still not the ruckman he once was, but could be used as a fix-it type player.

Mark McGough; Seemed to be at the fall of most contests, but kicking still letting him down. Spots a target but misses by up to 5 metres. Still a few weeks away from AFL selection.

Ben Kinnear; Played like his future depended on it. Was a danger at both ends of the field. Marked when needed, defended when needed. Could be a surprise selection next week.

Luke Mullins; Relatively quiet, buts needs to remain consistent. He could be the next one to debut.

Luke Shackleton; Seems to be struggling with a minor knee complaint. Nowhere near like he was last season, but is still a force when a pack develops.

David King; Slowly regaining confidence and provided plenty of run from defence. Found the ball at both ends and delivery was crisp.

Cameron Cloke; Didn't do much before being ko'd mid way through the second quarter. Re-appeared after half time but didn't see any ground time.

Brayden Shaw; Not as elusive as last week, and drifted in and out of the game.

Tristen Walker; Has shaken off his achilles injury and played with confidence. Strong in defence, but still maturing as a footballer. Remember, he is still only 19 yo. (Actually, he turns 20 today.)

Heath Shaw; Photos indicate he played, but didn't see much of him.

Nick Maxwell; Others seem to think he needs to bulk up, but for the job he does, he is built right. Provides plenty of support and doesn't take a backward step. Does all the defensive things, but sometimes gets wrong-footed.

Justin Crow; Sent in to the ruck after Cam went down and was more effective. Got his share of taps and got possessions in the forward 50, his goal was just reward.

**These are my views, and others may differ.**

Canberra, Leonard didn't play, but is only a week or two away.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Canberra

Post by Canberra »

Thanks Big D. Excellent stuff as usual. At least there are a few positives there and don't we need a few right now.
Do not adjust your mind. The fault is in reality.
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

dale

what the situation with Luke Jarrad, where is he from?

Has he been at Willy long?

tks
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

MGH, although I've been a Williamstown supporter all my life (my old man played for them back in the mid-late 50's, and both my parents were heavily involved behind the scenes until we moved to Darwin in '76), I've only been covering them for Nick's since I registered in '02.

Referring to the 2004 playing list, it mentions that Luke's previous clubs were Western Jets and Melton. He will be 21 in September, so I'd suggest he's been with Williamstown for no more than three years.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked