What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Awesome next tine hug! Just do it!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

^ Nice one Stui.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Youngest has been at home for over a month. She submitted her second take home exam in as many days: yesterday was Competition Law and today was Royal Commisions. 6 x 1500 words in total. She’s got 2 assignments in those subjects due in 2 weeks 3000 and 3750 words to finish while doing a practical placement (virtual) in a Community Legal Centre doing family law to finish.
Man does she work hard: unbelievable.

Soon she’ll be all finished and ready to start her new life in February.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

Well done and well deserved xx
think positive

Post by think positive »

Small hiccup with the final permit, easy fix, phone in an order for my favourite potato cakes and a glass of red, so good to escape for the day! Homewood bound!
watt price tully

think positive wrote:Well done and well deserved xx
Cheers TP.
watt price tully

After nearly 20 years working in the coalface in the ED at the RMH and with the Police since it's inception in my area 2014, I have applied for and been successful in being a senior clinician in triage.

ED at the RMH was one of the busiest to work in. After nearly six months doing triage work means same pay, better conditions and a great supportive team to work in. I've been supernumerary since April / May so was in the fortunate postion to get a taster: I could try before I bought to to speak.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Finally getting back onto a cricket field again! We’ve been lucky to start on time this season and it almost only feels like yesterday our season finished even though it was over 7 months ago!

The freedom to actually leave the house for any reason you like and see more than one person, it’s amazing how the basic things we take for granted have been so sorely missed.

Although I might have to add to the what pisses me off thread is bloody rain!!!
watt price tully

Went for a bike ride to Mordialloc yesterday and back before an overtime shift yesterday. Marvellous although I’m slow. Only averaged 19.5 km speed yesterday.

Can’t wait till Gym’s reopen for the spin classes.
watt price tully

Melbourne Storm at half time.
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Storm is good but also the scales.

Currently weighing in at 93kg, down from 105 2 months ago. Working on getting something sustainable, learning how my body works.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Well done Stu,

I don’t really undthe game, but damn the score line! We can only dream!
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:Storm is good but also the scales.

Currently weighing in at 93kg, down from 105 2 months ago. Working on getting something sustainable, learning how my body works.
Well done Stui, that’s brilliant.

However you’ll be hearing from my lawyer. You’ve given your weight to me
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Well done Stui, I’m scared as I didn’t bring my scales and really worried how bad it’ll be when I get back to Melbourne in a few weeks and weigh myself again :shock:

As for Storm, was good for the ref to get his boss over the line one last time :wink:
watt price tully

eddiesmith wrote:

As for Storm, was good for the ref to get his boss over the line one last time :wink:
Thanks Phil Gould.