What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Nice photos.

Enjoyed the sun today, second coat of paint on front doors and windows, then went and gave park side windows a second coat. First coat was pre covid and shit weather.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Stui, just a tip, old son. Don't paint windows. It makes it too hard to see out.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Fvck, that explains that.

:lol: :lol: :P

I should have said, painted the window frames or just painted the fkn wood bits that go around the glass bits

8) :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Hehehehe clever!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

I am so tired but after around 8 hours writing her eulogy today I am happy that I have captured and reflected my mums life, spirit and personality!
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive

Post by think positive »

Morrigu wrote:I am so tired but after around 8 hours writing her eulogy today I am happy that I have captured and reflected my mums life, spirit and personality!
Not an easy task, so emotional, well done you, cheers xxx thinking of you
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

The son just called in with a bottle of wine for fathers day.

He was basically driving past the area for work, took the chance to drop in for 2 minutes. Great to see him, it seems like forever since I saw him in person.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Awesome enjoy
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Morrigu wrote:I am so tired but after around 8 hours writing her eulogy today I am happy that I have captured and reflected my mums life, spirit and personality!
Nice one. Well done you.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:The son just called in with a bottle of wine for fathers day.

He was basically driving past the area for work, took the chance to drop in for 2 minutes. Great to see him, it seems like forever since I saw him in person.
Nice one.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Got our first egg today from our 4 chooks. Seems a bit early poor girls. They are being doted on by Mrs WPT especially. In their run we’ve got a sand pit so they can dust themselves off, a metal feeding container where they have to learn to step on a pedal to raise the lid of the food tray (keeps it vermin free) 2 water containers with a small lever that activates a valve. We also give them lots of greens especially dandelion which we string up and hang down for them to eat

I felt a bit guilty making a chicken curry 2 days ago and having it at work tonight for tea.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

jeesus, chooks or pets?

We had chooks when I was a kid, about 20 plus a rooster. large chookpen with perches, feeders etc. Let them out in the yard in the morning, chase them back in late afternoon. collect the eggs each morning and every now and then on a Sunday catch one which be taken to the wood heap for a Henry the 8th.

"Off with her head"

Funniest thing I ever saw was when Dad's hands slipped after decapitating one chook and it took off running straight at Lucy the black Lab, who let loose a part howl part back and bolted to her kennel.
think positive

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:Got our first egg today from our 4 chooks. Seems a bit early poor girls. They are being doted on by Mrs WPT especially. In their run we’ve got a sand pit so they can dust themselves off, a metal feeding container where they have to learn to step on a pedal to raise the lid of the food tray (keeps it vermin free) 2 water containers with a small lever that activates a valve. We also give them lots of greens especially dandelion which we string up and hang down for them to eat

I felt a bit guilty making a chicken curry 2 days ago and having it at work tonight for tea.
thats so cool, lucky chickens
Jezza
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 236 times

Post by Jezza »

10 years since I joined Nicks! :shock:

Where did the years go?
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

You spent them waiting patiently for Chelsea to sign Kai Havertz. :wink: