What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

awesome news ken,
posh sounding chicks WPT!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Oops
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

eddiesmith wrote:Driving around at 2am with no one else on the roads, shortens the trip considerably!
Delivering Pizzas?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Youngest got 3 job offers today for her law employment or clerkship. She was lucky enough to have 3 placements this year in major companies (more or less) 2 actual and 1 virtual due to working from home.

She’s chosen a smaller company that have been impressive in how they go about it, a good culture and feeling valued. The others were impressive too but after some anxiety and prevarication she’s going with her a smaller pretty flash company.

She’ll be doing 3 x 6 month rotations. She deserves it as she works so hard in her course and work.

She’ll also be returning to our place this week from the Inner City till early next year.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

awesome, and that will make you happy. cheers
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

stui magpie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:Driving around at 2am with no one else on the roads, shortens the trip considerably!
Delivering Pizzas?
Fighting fires!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

eddiesmith wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Delivering Pizzas?
Fighting fires!
OK, sounds fair.

Had a phone conversation with an ex boss today, we yakked for nearly an hour. He's been asked to interview for a job that he reckons would suit me more than him so he called to pick (what's left of) my brains.

Really good chat, I may have palatable options in HR yet.

I also had a call from my Physio today, she was just checking in to see how my neck and shoulder were going. That was a really nice touch, she also offered to send me some exercises via email if I wanted.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

My oldest has been in Sydney for about 3 months or more. The company my daughter works for has paid for her BF to fly up and they’re paying for his 2 week quarantine hotel.

He’s been renovating his house in Geelong ( he’s a chippie and a sparkie ) from the pics his inner Geelong Weatherboard looks fantastic. At the same time he got tenants and rent at the price he wanted.

Said he left at 7am, didn’t know if he would get thru despite renting the place, sending his car & tools up until he got to Sydney.

Said he didn’t get a meal till 10pm
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

If he sent his car up there, how did he get up there and why did he not get any food between 7am and 10pm?

I've never known a sparky or a chippy to go hungry, let alone someone who's supposedly qualified as both :?
watt price tully

watt price tully

watt price tully

More, what made them happy:

Some young volunteers on an archeological dig in Central Israel find over 400 gold coins in a clay jar dating back 1,100 years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53889695
Last edited by watt price tully on Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

If they were allowed to keep them they'd be happy.

I got out in the sunshine today and did some painting. I've been slowly prepping the doors for a bit, got out and first coat today.

Cleaned up the old door furniture, so the doors will be original 50's, restored.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Noice
I reckon the 50’s house on the block is a shoe in to win!

Sunshine, last couple of days just felt so good. So sick of being cold! Took a walk down Altona beach with a great friend for a good old chat! Beautiful down there. Been a great day, I ordered a 100x75cm canvas of a pic I took of my daughters at my nephews wedding last year, and a smaller one for hubbies factory, they arrived to day and they are just gorgeous! Hubby wanted all our Europe pics on a slide show, so I put it together with music, and we watched the first draft of it last night, and ..... I blew myself away! I can’t believe how good a lot of the pics are, like you can walk into them ,they look amazing on the telly! Did a lot for my confidence! To top it all off my lovely Tax agent rang me to tell me we will get a refund for the first time in, I can’t even remember! Got to love that!

Cheers, here’s to a great, healthy weekend for all of us, and a win over the scum!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Im missing shooting so much, people have been booked for stopping to take pics, so i cant risk it, i tend to lose track of time! finally something to shoot in the backyard!! Moon, Jupiter, Pluto, Saturn!