What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

^ what have you done?
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
stui magpie
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Nothing your honour.

Just fluid found it's way back overnight/
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Sure it wasn’t a sticky date....puddin!

The nursing home got it’s second all staff and residents all negative over the weekend, so rather government nanny has gone, they can leave their rooms and the dining room is open again. My dad doesn’t leave his room but my FIL. Does.

I booked a window visit for Wednesday, you use your mobile, they give them a phone, and I’m guessing they have a room set up. Haven’t seen him since before lockdown 2 level 3, they locked down early.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

They need one of these! This is where my grandfather was for awhile

https://www.facebook.com/363623854300/p ... lrqUVakEgk
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

eddiesmith wrote:They need one of these! This is where my grandfather was for awhile

https://www.facebook.com/363623854300/p ... lrqUVakEgk
That's really good. Someone has used some brains there.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
KenH

Post by KenH »

My wife and I got back negative results from Covid 19 tests, very relieved and only took 31 hours for results!
Cheers big ears
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Great news Ken, they are definitely a lot quicker atm, probably helped by a lot lower number of tests to process.

My BILs came back negative in just over a day as well.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Nice.

Again shows that the cold and hayfever still get around, having the sniffles doesn't mean you got the Rona
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Exactly, saw a great one on Facebook the other day listing all the new symptoms of Covid!!!

The press conference each day saying the flu is non existent, it must be Covid, yet 15-30,000 people a day have coughs or sniffles and get tested every single day and only about 300-500 have Covid.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Finished the taxes! Go Me!!

I bought myself an A3 photoprinter when i got my camera fixed a couple of months back, and today i printed a picture of my girls i took at my nephews wedding early last year, i waited til about a month ago to edit it, because, to me, its the perfect shot of them. the lighting was harsh, full sun 34 degrees, but i did the right thing and shot them in the shade, under a tree in front of a lake but juniors fake tan, had me stumped, so i waited til i knew i could edit it to a standard id be happy with. It came out amazing! Im always worried my pics wont translate to print, but i just ordered a 50x75 canvas for hubby for his photo wall at his workshop, and a 75 x 100 for the house! its nice to feel confident! cheers
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Got my dog back from the village. New home, much smaller but she seems to have taken to it. Mind you the cats around the place have disappeared. Good dog.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
think positive

Post by think positive »

ronrat wrote:Got my dog back from the village. New home, much smaller but she seems to have taken to it. Mind you the cats around the place have disappeared. Good dog.
That’s great mate
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Driving around at 2am with no one else on the roads, shortens the trip considerably!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

2 days off starting tomorrow after a torrid fortnight at work with lots of overtime. Now for two days off: first in two weeks, working double shifts, an extra day, extra hours. Very busy.

Got 4 x 17 week old chickens delivered yesterday. Nice looking chicks 2 x Australorp / New Hampshire mix and 2x Rhode Island Red / New Hampshire mix. Very friendly and good layers apparently. Haven’t had chickens since the kids were young.
Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

KenH wrote:My wife and I got back negative results from Covid 19 tests, very relieved and only took 31 hours for results!
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman